Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 69)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Joined: 03 December 2005
Posts: 27247

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL
 
 If evolution is true, there is a chance they would still be evolving into humansLOL

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007
Posts: 22970

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
I watched Dhobi Ghat yesterday, and let me just say that it was an absolutely beautiful piece of art! Aamir Khan does it once again - I wish I had watched this movie in theaters because I'm sure it would have been a fantastic cinematic experience. The direction was brilliant - it was all so real!

This is certainly not the typical Bollywood movie, and it is made for a very targeted audience. But nevertheless, I think the movie has just kicked up the potential in Bollywood up a few notches! If you do watch the movie, watch it with an open mind. Don't look for a strict plot or a typical Bollywood blockbuster. Dhobi Ghat is a pretty short movie - you are introduced to a few characters and how their lives become intertwined. Right when you think that you're beginning to understand these characters, the movie ends. The movie is really a small glimpse into the lives of these characters - neither is it  a happy beginning nor is it a happy end .... its really just life.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007
Posts: 22970

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL


You forgot dogs. LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008
Posts: 9367

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I watched Dhobi Ghat yesterday, and let me just say that it was an absolutely beautiful piece of art! Aamir Khan does it once again - I wish I had watched this movie in theaters because I'm sure it would have been a fantastic cinematic experience. The direction was brilliant - it was all so real!

This is certainly not the typical Bollywood movie, and it is made for a very targeted audience. But nevertheless, I think the movie has just kicked up the potential in Bollywood up a few notches! If you do watch the movie, watch it with an open mind. Don't look for a strict plot or a typical Bollywood blockbuster. Dhobi Ghat is a pretty short movie - you are introduced to a few characters and how their lives become intertwined. Right when you think that you're beginning to understand these characters, the movie ends. The movie is really a small glimpse into the lives of these characters - neither is it  a happy beginning nor is it a happy end .... its really just life.

I really liked the film too! A very well directed film and I've been a fan of Prateik Babbar from the days of JTYJN. I think most people forget that this was just a documentary type of film at the end of the day. Bollywood film lovers found it quite hard to accept such a film because there were many questions left unanswered. Like why the girl didn't send her tapes to her brother and kept them stored? 

I thought the scene when Prateik Babbar is caught killing mice/rats was one of the best scenes from the film. It was a turning point of the film for me and an eye opener too because it shows the way many people in India live their lives. We all have high hopes and aspirations, we all wonder when our dreams will come true, we all search for our happy ending but life doesn't always give us a happy ending. It's a shame though that very few people appreciated this film.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Joined: 27 October 2008
Posts: 9475

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL


You forgot dogs. LOL



yep, cricket fans share their traits LOL
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007
Posts: 22970

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf


I really liked the film too! A very well directed film and I've been a fan of Prateik Babbar from the days of JTYJN. I think most people forget that this was just a documentary type of film at the end of the day. Bollywood film lovers found it quite hard to accept such a film because there were many questions left unanswered. Like why the girl didn't send her tapes to her brother and kept them stored? 

I thought the scene when Prateik Babbar is caught killing mice/rats was one of the best scenes from the film. It was a turning point of the film for me and an eye opener too because it shows the way many people in India live their lives. We all have high hopes and aspirations, we all wonder when our dreams will come true, we all search for our happy ending but life doesn't always give us a happy ending. It's a shame though that very few people appreciated this film.


I agree, Dia - that scene was absolutely brilliant! It was perhaps the climax of the movie. I love how nothing is perfect in the movie - all the characters have hopes and aspirations, but like in reality, its not necessary that all our dreams come true. What keeps us going is simply striving to make those dreams come true, and that's what really makes us who we are. Perhaps Shae doesn't go to Arun and instead comes back to Munna. Perhaps Arun returns to his wife or maybe he is able to finally express himself and fix things with Shae. Perhaps Munna does become an actor. Perhaps Arun finds Imran and gives those "letters" to him. But it's all just left at that ... "perhaps".

I think the best part of the movie was how brilliantly it was directed. I loved how they distinguished between the movie and the home videos that Arun watches. For some reason, I thought that girl's story was the most captivating in the whole movie. It really does leave a lot of questions unanswered, but again, I think the purpose of the movie was to portray reality more than anything else.

Edit - I didn't realize Prateik Babbar was from JTYJN.


Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 27 March 2011 at 11:51am
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Joined: 27 October 2008
Posts: 9475

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
prateik babbar played genelias bro i think..
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007
Posts: 22970

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

prateik babbar played genelias bro i think..


I only watched JTYJN once many years ago when it first came out. Even then I didn't think it was anything brilliant, so I really don't remember who played who in the movie. I'll take your word for it. Although Prateik Babbar was brilliant in Dhobi Ghat!

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150

Author: raj5000   Replies: 1196   Views: 72233

raj5000 1196 72233 23 July 2010 at 11:05pm by return_to_hades
Mujhe Kuch Kehna hai/Discuss current News

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 108 109

Author: raj5000   Replies: 864   Views: 41686

raj5000 864 41686 03 November 2008 at 8:55pm by raj5000
Mujhe bhi kuchh kehna hai !!!!!!

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 108 109

Author: ani11   Replies: 867   Views: 27947

ani11 867 27947 05 June 2007 at 10:08pm by Gauri_3
KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA

2 3 4

Author: Too_Much   Replies: 31   Views: 3355

Too_Much 31 3355 24 August 2006 at 6:38pm by RandomSquared
Debate: Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna -Overrated?

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12

Author: shizajaved   Replies: 90   Views: 9184

shizajaved 90 9184 12 July 2006 at 4:47pm by ishan2003

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index