Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 69)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL

If evolution is true, there is a chance they would still be evolving into humansLOL

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
I watched Dhobi Ghat yesterday, and let me just say that it was an absolutely beautiful piece of art! Aamir Khan does it once again - I wish I had watched this movie in theaters because I'm sure it would have been a fantastic cinematic experience. The direction was brilliant - it was all so real!

This is certainly not the typical Bollywood movie, and it is made for a very targeted audience. But nevertheless, I think the movie has just kicked up the potential in Bollywood up a few notches! If you do watch the movie, watch it with an open mind. Don't look for a strict plot or a typical Bollywood blockbuster. Dhobi Ghat is a pretty short movie - you are introduced to a few characters and how their lives become intertwined. Right when you think that you're beginning to understand these characters, the movie ends. The movie is really a small glimpse into the lives of these characters - neither is it  a happy beginning nor is it a happy end .... its really just life.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL

You forgot dogs. LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I watched Dhobi Ghat yesterday, and let me just say that it was an absolutely beautiful piece of art! Aamir Khan does it once again - I wish I had watched this movie in theaters because I'm sure it would have been a fantastic cinematic experience. The direction was brilliant - it was all so real!

This is certainly not the typical Bollywood movie, and it is made for a very targeted audience. But nevertheless, I think the movie has just kicked up the potential in Bollywood up a few notches! If you do watch the movie, watch it with an open mind. Don't look for a strict plot or a typical Bollywood blockbuster. Dhobi Ghat is a pretty short movie - you are introduced to a few characters and how their lives become intertwined. Right when you think that you're beginning to understand these characters, the movie ends. The movie is really a small glimpse into the lives of these characters - neither is it  a happy beginning nor is it a happy end .... its really just life.

I really liked the film too! A very well directed film and I've been a fan of Prateik Babbar from the days of JTYJN. I think most people forget that this was just a documentary type of film at the end of the day. Bollywood film lovers found it quite hard to accept such a film because there were many questions left unanswered. Like why the girl didn't send her tapes to her brother and kept them stored? 

I thought the scene when Prateik Babbar is caught killing mice/rats was one of the best scenes from the film. It was a turning point of the film for me and an eye opener too because it shows the way many people in India live their lives. We all have high hopes and aspirations, we all wonder when our dreams will come true, we all search for our happy ending but life doesn't always give us a happy ending. It's a shame though that very few people appreciated this film.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

You forgot dogs. LOL

yep, cricket fans share their traits LOL
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I really liked the film too! A very well directed film and I've been a fan of Prateik Babbar from the days of JTYJN. I think most people forget that this was just a documentary type of film at the end of the day. Bollywood film lovers found it quite hard to accept such a film because there were many questions left unanswered. Like why the girl didn't send her tapes to her brother and kept them stored? 

I thought the scene when Prateik Babbar is caught killing mice/rats was one of the best scenes from the film. It was a turning point of the film for me and an eye opener too because it shows the way many people in India live their lives. We all have high hopes and aspirations, we all wonder when our dreams will come true, we all search for our happy ending but life doesn't always give us a happy ending. It's a shame though that very few people appreciated this film.

I agree, Dia - that scene was absolutely brilliant! It was perhaps the climax of the movie. I love how nothing is perfect in the movie - all the characters have hopes and aspirations, but like in reality, its not necessary that all our dreams come true. What keeps us going is simply striving to make those dreams come true, and that's what really makes us who we are. Perhaps Shae doesn't go to Arun and instead comes back to Munna. Perhaps Arun returns to his wife or maybe he is able to finally express himself and fix things with Shae. Perhaps Munna does become an actor. Perhaps Arun finds Imran and gives those "letters" to him. But it's all just left at that ... "perhaps".

I think the best part of the movie was how brilliantly it was directed. I loved how they distinguished between the movie and the home videos that Arun watches. For some reason, I thought that girl's story was the most captivating in the whole movie. It really does leave a lot of questions unanswered, but again, I think the purpose of the movie was to portray reality more than anything else.

Edit - I didn't realize Prateik Babbar was from JTYJN.

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 27 March 2011 at 11:51am
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
prateik babbar played genelias bro i think..
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

prateik babbar played genelias bro i think..

I only watched JTYJN once many years ago when it first came out. Even then I didn't think it was anything brilliant, so I really don't remember who played who in the movie. I'll take your word for it. Although Prateik Babbar was brilliant in Dhobi Ghat!

Go to top