Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 68)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I'm not sure tbh..I was just with a group of friends when all of a sudden we heard really loud voices from the loudspeaker. If i'm not mistaken then this protest was not just about Sharia Law, but it was asking 'Muslims to step up against the British' (well, that's what the banners said) and other issues regarding Libya, Gaddafi, the Middle East and David Cameron. I worry for the future of this country at times. :\

LOL I'm sure there are a couple of them available in London! :| lol

probably those salafi nutjobs, about a month ago this imam from east london, who's also a science academic, gave a presentation on evolution at the mosque where he calls prayers, and encouraged muslims to look into evolutionary theory rather than justreject it outright, what happened?, the crowd went nuts!, they even got some cleric from the middle east to announce a fatwa!.. here is a guy who's trying to reconcile science with his faith, but the audience doesn't wanna hear any of it... the irony is, when the audience was told that we descended from apes, they started acting like one!

East London is such a s**thole! I'm not kidding when I say that it is a budding place for terrorists. It feels like every other ethnic person there is claiming benefits that most do not even rightly deserve and they clearly have absolutely no manners at all because people are chewing and spitting paan as if they are in Bangladesh and not in England. It absolutely disgusts me. It's also the place where they planned to make Europe's biggest mosque. I was passing Mile End on the tube a few weeks ago and a guy got on that looked quite religious. His iPod was REALLY loud and everything could be heard and it was him listening to an extremist Islamic preacher talking about the West and our bad influences. I was sitting opposite this guy and me and the ladies next to me looked at each other and thought Holy freakin' crap, let's get out of here! :| LOL

and I always read in the papers how some guy from leyton or from barking has been found trying to make a bomb or have failed at suicide bombing. Apes would be insulted if they knew they were being compared to these guys!

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
I never imagined you to be a fan of veg food Joe! :O lol

It's a great place but it lacks the atmosphere I guess. Ahh how I wished they sold ice cream sodas and coke float in this country! :( I remember ordering Pizza when we had completed our yatra in Jammu. After that day, I swore never to order Pizza from any restaurant in India except Pizza Hut ever again! :| lol
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

LOL! Haha empty I remember watching that video and thinking 'what a twat!' lol but whoever made it in to a song is a LEGEND!Tongue

I went down central yesterday and there were Islamic protests going on where they were protesting to have Sharia Law implemented in the UK. I don't think they realise that they end up looking like extremists who have nothing better to do than scream anti-british words on a loudspeaker and end up giving Muslims in general a very bad name. The banners they were holding up were shocking and it's a shame that people totally misuse 'freedom of speech' as an excuse to spread hatred. Every single person around me was looking at them and shaking their heads in disapproval. 

Same goes for the EDL really. If I lived in another country and saw that video I would think white Britain is full of ignorant chavs whereas that really isn't the case at all.

Yes, because that REALLY makes a whole lot of sense! While Muslim nations are rebelling and trying to implement democracy in their nations (and possibly becoming more secular nations), let's implement Sharia into a nation with a Muslim minority.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

probably those salafi nutjobs, about a month ago this imam from east london, who's also a science academic, gave a presentation on evolution at the mosque where he calls prayers, and encouraged muslims to look into evolutionary theory rather than justreject it outright, what happened?, the crowd went nuts!, they even got some cleric from the middle east to announce a fatwa!.. here is a guy who's trying to reconcile science with his faith, but the audience doesn't wanna hear any of it... the irony is, when the audience was told that we descended from apes, they started acting like one!

Although a large majority of those who believe in creationism reject the evolutionary theory, you'd be surprised that there are quite a few people who believe the two theories can exist together. At least, I do believe that. Its a shame that people don't try to take time out to learn what the theory is actually about anyway!

Sidenote: We did not descend from apes, we share a common ancestor with them.

Sidenote 2: Hey, Shashi! Long time! :)
CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aaliyah-

*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

^hey there, sup.. finished uni now?

Ajnu, we are apes Cool.. yeh we all share a common ancestor with the other great apes, but that ancestor was an ape too.

Finished? I wish! The semester - the final semester rather- ends in May. That's when I can officially say that I am done with my undergraduate studies!

Aur bandar hogey tum! Tongue Well, we have a common ancestor, according to the evolutionary theory, but little is known about that ancestor. Anyway, its really easy to believe that we really are descendants of apes judging from the kind of people you see in the world sometimes. LOL
zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 4:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ Judging by the way some people behave we will have to say that man has descended not only from apes but also from donkeys, pigs and hyenas LOL

man is basically an animal who can talk. LOL

Go to top