Originally posted by Believe

Smile

loved it.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Quake of 7.4 magnitude in southwest Pakistan

An earthquake of the magnitude of 7.4 on Richter scale was felt in New Delhi and the NCR region on early Wednesday morning at around 2 a.m., with its epicenter in Southwestern Pakistan.

It was felt in in other North Indian cities including Jaipur and Jaisalmer.

Most people in the NCR region felt tremors when the last moments of the third ODI between India and South Africa was in progress.

I hope everyone is safe!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

An earthquake of the magnitude of 7.4 on Richter scale was felt in New Delhi and the NCR region on early Wednesday morning at around 2 a.m., with its epicenter in Southwestern Pakistan.

Most people in the NCR region felt tremors when the last moments of the third ODI between India and South Africa was in progress.

I hope everyone is safe!

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 struck Wednesday morning in a remote area of southwestern Pakistan, but initial reports revealed no major damage.

The earthquake occurred at 1:23 a.m. (3:23 p.m. Tuesday ET) at a depth of 84 kilometers (52 miles), the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was centered 45 kilometers (30 miles) west of Dalbandin, and 1,035 kilometers (640 miles) west-southwest of Islamabad, the USGS said on its website.

Arif Mahmood, director of the Pakistan Meteorological Department, put the epicenter at 320 kilometers (about 200 miles) southwest of Quetta near Kharan, Balochistan, and said it had been felt in Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan provinces in Pakistan, as well as parts of Iran and India.

Mahmood predicted major aftershocks. "Earthquakes with such magnitudes in the past have brought on aftershocks," he told CNN from Islamabad.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/18/pakistan.quake/?hpt=T2

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I hope everyone is safe!

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 struck Wednesday morning in a remote area of southwestern Pakistan, but initial reports revealed no major damage.

The earthquake occurred at 1:23 a.m. (3:23 p.m. Tuesday ET) at a depth of 84 kilometers (52 miles), the U.S. Geological Survey said. It was centered 45 kilometers (30 miles) west of Dalbandin, and 1,035 kilometers (640 miles) west-southwest of Islamabad, the USGS said on its website.

Arif Mahmood, director of the Pakistan Meteorological Department, put the epicenter at 320 kilometers (about 200 miles) southwest of Quetta near Kharan, Balochistan, and said it had been felt in Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan provinces in Pakistan, as well as parts of Iran and India.

Mahmood predicted major aftershocks. "Earthquakes with such magnitudes in the past have brought on aftershocks," he told CNN from Islamabad.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/01/18/pakistan.quake/?hpt=T2

My friends in Delhi actually felt the earthquake. They thought they were going mad/hallucinating until they actually saw it on the news a couple of minutes later.

---------------------------

This was one of the main headlines in today's papers.

Mixed reaction to Ricky Gervais as Golden Globes host

But by the end of the star-studded bash, many were left debating whether he had gone too far in his jibes at the gathered celebrities and even organisers the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).

He opened the show in no-nonsense style saying: "It's going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking - or as Charlie Sheen calls it, breakfast."

Here's a selection of his more controversial jokes:

• "It was a big year for 3D movies. Toy Story, Despicable Me, Tron. It seems like everything this year was three-dimensional, except the characters in The Tourist. I already feel bad about that joke. I'm jumping on the bandwagon, because I haven't even seen The Tourist. Who has?
  • I'd like to quash the rumours that the only reason The Tourist was nominated was so that the Hollywood Foreign Press can hang out with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. That is rubbish, that is not the only reason - they also accepted bribes.
  • "I Love You Phillip Morris stars Jim Carey and Ewan McGregor - two heterosexual actors pretending to be gay. So, the complete opposite of some famous scientologists. Probably. My lawyers helped me with the wording of that joke."
  • "I was sure the Golden Globe for special effects would go to the team that airbrushed [the Sex and the City 2] poster. Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of Bonanza."
  • On Jennifer Lopez - "She's just Jenny from the block. If the block in question is that one on Rodeo Drive between Cartier and Prada."
  • On multi-millionaire Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg: "Heather Mills calls him the one that got away."ROFL
  • While introducing Robert Downey Jr - "Many of you in this room probably know him best from such facilities as the Betty Ford Clinic and Los Angeles County Jail."
When he took to the stage, Downey Jr quipped in return: "Aside from the fact that it's been hugely mean-spirited, with mildly sinister undertones, I'd say the vibe of the show is pretty good so far, wouldn't you?"

I didn't watch the show but was he really that bad?

Edited by hindu4lyf - 18 January 2011 at 6:53pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^
It cracks me up like nobody can. Only in Wisconsin will we take pride in twenty below zero and frozen like a tundra. LOL

@2:18 in the video is our landmark State Street Brats on of course Madison's state street. http://www.statestreetbrats.com/
Where is wisconsin... ?

Go to top