India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 25)

chal_phek_mat Senior Member
chal_phek_mat
chal_phek_mat

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
The political rhetoric in America(or to that point everywhere in the world) seems to have really taken a sharp turn in the last decade or so.

First people went after Clinton on his personal stuff, but all they did was call him names

Then with Bush people started with calling him names, then there was a movie about his assasination and rather than condemning that a lot of people talked about free speech

Bush white house went after their opponents, they even outed a CIA operative. when they had an opposing POV.

The vitriol against Bush was pretty bad towards the end.

Then came the man with " If they bring a knife I will bring a gun" (guess who?)

Then there was that "Dont retreat, just reload"

Followed by "Rape Sarah Palin"

then calling everyone you oppose as Racist

and posting political districts in the cross marks

then finally someone gets shot

Time and Time again, people  claim freedom of speech once and then screaming bloody murder the other time depending on which politcal spectrum things are coming out of.

Everyone is to blame here and everyone is responsible to curb back the rhetoric or else America is no further away than things in India

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assreturn_to_hades

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

How Twilight Works

A few weeks ago I had the miserable experience of reading Twilight. A friend bought it for me and I took it with me to read on a long flight from Seattle to Houston. I knew it was going to be crappy, but I thought it would be a guilty pleasure kind of crappy - where you know it's bad but you still get enjoyment out of it. I actually managed to power through around 400 pages until I gave up and started reading Sky Mall. I've been seeing Twilight everywhere lately, especially with Vampire Teens II New Moon's release, so I thought I'd break down why chicks go apeshit for it.

The fans

First off, the author creates a main character which is an empty shell. Her appearance isn't described in detail; that way, any female can slip into it and easily fantasize about being this person. I read 400 pages of that book and barely had any idea of what the main character looked like; as far as I was concerned she was a giant Lego brick. Appearance aside, her personality is portrayed as insecure, fumbling, and awkward - a combination anyone who ever went through puberty can relate to. By creating this "empty shell," the character becomes less of a person and more of something a female reader can put on and wear. Because I forgot her name (I think it was Barbara or Brando or something like that), I'm going to refer to her as "Pants" from here on out.

Pants

So after a few chapters of listening to Pants whine about high school, sucking at volleyball, and being the center of attention, the second major character is introduced. Imagine everything women want in a man, then exaggerate it by ten thousand - and you've got Edward Cullen. The level of detail that the author goes into while describing Edward's appearance is remarkable. At one point while reading I started counting the number of times the author used the expression "Edward's perfect face," and it was far into the double digits. The author excruciatingly details his muscular pecs, clothing, hair, eye color - even his goddamn breath (I'm not joking).

Edward

Edward intensely listens to everything Pants has to say, even if she's bitching about she had diarrhea on Christmas or her preferred method for cutting a sandwich in half. As far as the reader is concerned, Edward cares about nothing in the world more than Pants. What the author has done is created a perfect male figure - a pale Greek statue which the reader can worship and in turn be worshipped by.

Edward

So what about men that like Twilight?
If you're male and you like Twilight, you're gay. I don't mean that in the derogatory sense, I mean it in the "you want to put your testicles against another man's testicles while gripping handfuls of chesthair" kind of way.

And the movie?
The movie is just the same uninspired crap shat out onto a film reel. If you like the taste of horse manure on your bologna sandwiches, you're probably gonna like it on your birthday cake as well. The same principle applies with Twilight.

Beyond that, it's just a romance novel with the occasional vampire teen drama bullshit peppered here and there. It doesn't really break any new ground in the realm of vampire fiction, other than portraying vampires as a family of uncomfortable retards who prance around the woods eating deer and bunny rabbits. There's lots of nervous lip-biting, tender kisses between Pants and Edward, and lengthy descriptions of every feature of Edward's body. Pants is a static character who never really progresses beyond being an insecure vampire fangirl who obsesses over Edward. Whether her character grows beyond that is unknown to me, I'd stopped reading by then and shifted my attention to an electric butt-massaging chair in Sky Mall.

The Twilight formula

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assAngel-likeDevil-Aaliyah-return_to_hades-Believe-

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
^That's funny! I read the whole series and cringed throughout. Stephanie Myers is a terrible writer - I could write better than that. After reading the books, you think it can't get any worse than this ... then you watch the movies and realize how wrong you were!

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 10 January 2011 at 4:56pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

^That's funny! I read the whole series and cringed throughout. Stephanie Myers is a terrible writer - I could write better than that. After reading the books, you think it can't get any worse than this ... then you watch the movies and realize how wrong you were!

It couldn't have been that bad if you survived after reading the whole series!Tongue
I read a couple of chapters and gave up. I have a friend who is a quite a big Twilight fan so every time we meet up she drags me along to watch one of the Twilight films. Surprisingly the last one wasn't as bad as expected. There are some scenes that are really good like the scene where they're in the tent and the basketball scene from Twilight was interesting to watch. 

Given a choice, I'd still choose HP over Twilight any day!

How long till Sarina deletes our chit chat posts?Tongue

Edited by hindu4lyf - 10 January 2011 at 6:52pm
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I thought you loved twilight? Confused
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged

What an Idea sir ji...Clap

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:17am | IP Logged
 Shafqat Amanat Ali's another good song from Patiala house...

Go to top