India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 105)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:56am | IP Logged

NEW DELHI (AFP) – An Indian state has told newly-wedded women to avoid talking too much on their mobile phones for the first two years of marriage in case it provokes jealousy from their husbands.

The Punjab State Commission for Women (PSCW) issued an official advisory last week urging brides "to focus on their domestic life instead of having long conversations on mobile phones".

Commission head Gurdev Kaur Sangha told AFP on Monday that the advice was designed to avoid suspicion between new couples as they adjust to their new life together.

"I found that almost 40 per cent of women consider seeking a divorce on the grounds that her husband and in-laws do not like her talking on mobile phones," said Sangha, 70, from Chandigarh, the state capital of Punjab.

"Most husbands said their wives are always on the phone and they doubted their character as they suspected them of talking to ex-boyfriends."

Sangha said she had seen a rise in complaints from women about domestic violence, sexual harassment and family discord due to arguments over brides being constantly on the phone.

The advisory said most newly-married women were actually ringing their parents not former boyfriends, but warned that passing on hourly updates about their new home was damaging.

It added that for at least two years brides should make "small adjustments" to help build a solid foundation for a marriage.

LOL

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by night13

In respect to Moderator, I feel they are merely doing their jobs, as they are bound by the rules and regulations of IF. There should be a topic on how these rules and regulations can be changed, as they are pretty outdated. I am sure some of our suggestions would be en-cooperated in such scenarios. Warning, do not kill me for this topic. LOL

I don't think the rules are a problem - yeah, you can argue some of them are too strict and some of them are too forgiving, but that's a completely different issue. I think the real problem lies with the fact that some members of the DT are really strict and some are really forgiving, so it's hard to work your way through different sections that are being moderated in different ways, because you don't know how the rules will be enforced there. Here in DM, we a have a lot of leniency to respectfully address our opinions, but that same liberty is that not awarded in other sections. In sections with strict enforcement of rules, sometimes the enforcement is biased towards members who are not friends of the authority. So all in all, I think we are all just complaining about the lack of consistency on the forum and not really the rules in particular. No matter how much we hate the rules, once you register for the site, you are in a way agreeing to abide by those rules. You don't like them, the log out button is not  too far out of reach.

I am on fence for this discussion, as member of IF: rules and regulations apply to all equally (DT, GM, Mod or a Member). If the Mod of some forums are biased towards members vs others, then this must be brought to the admin's attention.  There should be consistency through out the IF.  I am little disappointed to read all the above!

Edited by night13 - 09 May 2011 at 6:13am
-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

NEW DELHI (AFP) ' An Indian state has told newly-wedded women to avoid talking too much on their mobile phones for the first two years of marriage in case it provokes jealousy from their husbands.

The Punjab State Commission for Women (PSCW) issued an official advisory last week urging brides "to focus on their domestic life instead of having long conversations on mobile phones".

Commission head Gurdev Kaur Sangha told AFP on Monday that the advice was designed to avoid suspicion between new couples as they adjust to their new life together.

"I found that almost 40 per cent of women consider seeking a divorce on the grounds that her husband and in-laws do not like her talking on mobile phones," said Sangha, 70, from Chandigarh, the state capital of Punjab.

"Most husbands said their wives are always on the phone and they doubted their character as they suspected them of talking to ex-boyfriends."

Sangha said she had seen a rise in complaints from women about domestic violence, sexual harassment and family discord due to arguments over brides being constantly on the phone.

The advisory said most newly-married women were actually ringing their parents not former boyfriends, but warned that passing on hourly updates about their new home was damaging.

It added that for at least two years brides should make "small adjustments" to help build a solid foundation for a marriage.

LOL

<lol> Did she also use the phone to get the divorce ? <lol>

ps. http://www.adivorcebyphone.com/

Edited by night13 - 09 May 2011 at 6:20am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged

In respect to Moderator, I feel they are merely doing their jobs, as they are bound by the rules and regulations of IF. There should be a topic on how these rules and regulations can be changed, as they are pretty outdated. I am sure some of our suggestions would be en-cooperated in such scenarios. Warning, do not kill me for this topic. LOL

I don't think the rules are a problem - yeah, you can argue some of them are too strict and some of them are too forgiving, but that's a completely different issue. I think the real problem lies with the fact that some members of the DT are really strict and some are really forgiving, so it's hard to work your way through different sections that are being moderated in different ways, because you don't know how the rules will be enforced there. Here in DM, we a have a lot of leniency to respectfully address our opinions, but that same liberty is that not awarded in other sections. In sections with strict enforcement of rules, sometimes the enforcement is biased towards members who are not friends of the authority. So all in all, I think we are all just complaining about the lack of consistency on the forum and not really the rules in particular. No matter how much we hate the rules, once you register for the site, you are in a way agreeing to abide by those rules. You don't like them, the log out button is not  too far out of reach.

I am on fence for this discussion, as member of IF: rules and regulations apply to all equally (DT, GM, Mod or a Member). If the Mod of some forums are biased towards members vs others, then this must be brought to the admin's attention.  There should be consistency through out the IF.  I am little disappointed to read all the above!

^Aree bhai NOBODY is perfect here...Mods are human too and its human to make mistakes..they just given title and give responsiblities to handle different situations in DM or IF...and they all are doing this for fun,There is no financial or anyother tangible consequence to what they do here... Mods/members will be wrong from time to time... Let us learn to get over it!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

^Aree bhai NOBODY is perfect here...Mods are human too and its human to make mistakes..they just given title and give responsiblities to handle different situations in DM or IF...and they all are doing this for fun,There is no financial or anyother tangible consequence to what they do here... Mods/members will be wrong from time to time... Let us learn to get over it!Smile

We should learn to get over it, and if we do then we should not complain about it either.  Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down
K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_Shadehindu4lyfmr.assglace-bleue-Believe-

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Well I m not about to recite any lines from Rumi, but hey folks! Have you heard about a certain  Infinite being ? If you understand this you might understand that ...

One day Mr and Mrs Infinite Being were having a conversation.

"Do you know what, Mrs Infinite Being? I am a bit bored with all this being infinite lark."

"Is that so Mr Infinite Being?"

"Yes it is Mrs Infinite Being."

"What do you propose to do about it?"

"Well, how about I split myself up into millions of finite beings, all of which have to go through a finite life."

"What will be the point of that Mr Infinite Being?"

"Well, those finite beings will be able to go through all kinds of experiences and will be able to learn and grow so that ultimately I will learn and grow too."

"So let me get this straight. You want to grow greater than infinite, do you?"

"Yes. Perhaps infinite and a bit would be nice for a change."

"And, although you already know all that there is to be known, you want to know a little bit more?"

"That's right. I would quite like to know everything and a bit. I think this splitting up idea will work. With that many finite beings, they are bound to find out something new."

"Are you sure about that Mister I? I mean, where exactly are they going to find out this new knowledge from if they are really just parts of you?"

"Mmm, what? Oh, don't quibble hair, woman. I'm telling you, it is bound to work. You wait and see."

"That reminds me, Mister Infinite Being. If you are an infinite being, then how is it that I can exist? If you take up infinite space, then how can there be room for another?"

"I really hate it when you ask that question!! Come here and give me a kiss before you disappear."

Thus the infinite being ended up kissing goodbye to all that was!!!D'oh

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

K.Consciousnesszorrro

Go to top