Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai - Page 113

Posted: 12 years ago
^^ aww thats such a lovely story :D 
I killed a cockroach yesterday :D it was so big and vulgar :( 
Okay this is funny! If you didn't know this already ... your duckface is beyond annoying.

(And this is why I try not to have any other tabs open when I'm reading articles online ... because then I have this tendency to share every single article I come across!)

May 25, 2011

Duck Hunting on the Internet

By SARAH MILLER

REGULAR Facebook perusers are no doubt familiar with a certain photographic expression: a pout-producing, cheekbone-enhancing pose featuring pooched-out lips and sucked-in cheeks.

The intended effect is a certain sultry allure. The actual result, many agree, is a duckface.

The duckface has become so prevalent in this age of perpetual smartphone snapshots that the look is now the target of a growing and vehement backlash.

"Stop doing it. It isn't sexy," proclaims the mission statement of the Web site antiduckface.com, whose content consists of photos of people making a duckface, and thousands of disparaging comments. There's also an anti-duckface Facebook page, with over 16,000 likes, and a Twitter feed, with over 1,500 followers.

"Take your lips and put them back to normal," croons John Gamble, 28, of Easthampton, Mass., in a song he wrote after his fiance complained she was "sick of girls making duckface." A video of him performing the tune has been viewed by an estimated three million people.

Anti-duckfacers debate how this phenomenon came about. Some blame Miley Cyrus. Others blame Eliot Spitzer's prostitute friend Ashley. Some blame Donald Trump.  (Seem ridiculous? Google "trump duckface.") Megan Fox duckfaced for a Motorola Super Bowl ad and is widely acknowledged among anti-duckfacers as the only person alive who looks good making a duckface.

The 1994 film "Four Weddings and a Funeral" has one of the first known mentions of the term. Duckface is the nickname bestowed by Hugh Grant's Sloane Ranger posse upon his pouting girlfriend.

But duckfacing itself is probably far older.  

The self-conscious sexiness of an exaggerated pout is a fashion standby. Simon Doonan of Barneys cited the infantile moue of the '60s and Blue Steel glint of the '90s and added, "Models have always made exaggerated facial grimaces of one sort or another."

But there is little evidence that it is attractive on civilians. Christian Rudder, 35, a founder of the dating site OkCupid, was so appalled by the amount of duckface on the site that he conducted a study to see which expressions best attracted prospective dates. He found that smiling drew more responses than duckfacing. "Unfortunately," he said, "it's just the pose people strike when they take their own picture because they think it makes them look hot."

There are signs that the anti-duckface movement is having some effect. Zoe Slavonic, 16, from Nevada City, Calif., whose Facebook page was to duckface what the Frick Collection is to Whistler, saw Mr. Gamble's video and erased all her duckface pictures. D'Arcy Drollinger, 42, who recently played Lindsay Lohan at La Mama, received an e-mail with a link to antiduckface.com. Soon after he posted on Facebook: "I'm horrified, no more duckface."

give us an example of a duckface!
Go to antiduckface.com - loads of examples there! 😆

P.S. Hey, Joe!
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Go to antiduckface.com - loads of examples there! 😆

P.S. Hey, Joe!

ohhh! THAT type of pic, arrgh, that one is so hateful 🤢  I think they're trying to look cute or sexy, or they're trying to show off their annoying lack of self conciousness 👎🏼

hey ajnu, how's it hanging 😃  so got any remedy for my accelerator leg
Last one, I promise!

May 25, 2011

Raiding a Brothel in India

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF

KOLKATA, India

At the beginning, I knew only about a young teenage girl imprisoned on the third floor of a brothel in a red-light district here in Kolkata.

The pimps nicknamed her Chutki, or little girl. She had just been sold to the brothel-owner and seemed terrified.

Investigators with International Justice Mission, a Washington-based aid group that fights human trafficking, had spotted Chutki while prowling undercover looking for prostituted children. I.J.M. hoped to convince the Kolkata police to free the girl, but it would help to have more evidence that the girl was still imprisoned. So an I.J.M. official asked: Would I like to accompany him as he sneaked into the brothel to gather evidence?

India probably has more modern slaves than any country in the world. It has millions of women and girls in its brothels, often held captive for their first few years until they grow resigned to their fate. China surely has more prostitutes, but they are typically working voluntarily. India's brothels are also unusually violent, with ferocious beatings common and pimps sometimes even killing girls who are uncooperative.

Unicef has estimated that worldwide 1.8 million children enter the sex trade each year. Too many are in the United States, which should prosecute pimps much more aggressively, but the worst abuses take place in countries like Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Cambodia.

So I set off with the I.J.M. investigator (who wants to remain anonymous for his own safety) into the alleys of the Sonagachi red-light district one evening, slipped into the brothel, and climbed to the third floor. And there were Chutki and three other girls in a room, a pimp hovering over them. Perceiving us as potential customers, he offered them to us.

We demurred but said we'd be back.

The Kolkata police agreed to raid the brothel to free the girl. I.J.M. told them the location of the brothel at the last minute to avoid a tip-off from police ranks. The police casually asked us to lead the way in the raid since we knew what Chutki looked like and where she was kept.

So along with a carload of police, we drove up to the brothel and rushed inside to avoid giving the pimps time to hide Chutki or to escape themselves. With the I.J.M. representative in the lead, we hurtled up the stairs, brushed past the pimp and found Chutki and the three other girls in the same room where we had seen them before.

Two female social workers from I.J.M. immediately began comforting Chutki, who police said was about 15 and looked terrified. They explained that this was a police operation to rescue her, and they helped her put on a robe for modesty's sake.

Then another of the girls in the room asked if she could be rescued — but a few days later. She explained that if she left now, the brothel-owners would blame her for the raid and possibly harm her grandmother, whose address they knew.

We told the girl that this chance might not come again. She dissolved into tears, wavered and then decided to come out. Then a third said that she wanted to escape as well.

The girls tipped off the police that the brothel-owner was in another building, arranging to sell a new girl named Raya for the very first time, either that evening or the next night. The police hurried off and returned with Raya, a wide-eyed girl of about 10 years.

It seemed that the brothel had purchased Raya just a week earlier, after her own brother-in-law tricked her and trafficked her. If the raid had been delayed by a few hours, she might have faced the first of many rapes.

With Raya was a 5-year-old girl who seemed to have been abandoned. Perhaps the brothel-owners were grooming her for sale in a few more years. So we emerged from the brothel with five lives that had just been transformed.

Equally important, one pimp had been arrested and arrest warrants had been issued for two more. There are no quick fixes to human trafficking, but experience in several countries suggests that prosecuting pimps and brothel-owners makes a difference. A study in Cebu, Philippines, found that helping police and courts target child prostitution resulted in 87 arrests over four years — and a 79 percent reduction in the number of children in the sex trade.

We drove the five girls to a police station to fill out paperwork so that they could move into shelters and receive schooling or vocational training. Raya, the 10-year-old who otherwise at that moment might have been enduring her first rape, was giggly and carefree as she pretended to drive the car. She behaved like a silly little girl — which was thrilling.

😒
Originally posted by osama-bin-joe

ohhh! THAT type of pic, arrgh, that one is so hateful 🤢  I think they're trying to look cute or sexy, or they're trying to show off their annoying lack of self conciousness 👎🏼

hey ajnu, how's it hanging 😃  so got any remedy for my accelerator leg

Most of them think pouting their lips like that makes them look sexy and seductive - duckface sums it up more appropriately, in my opinion.

Yeah, it's called suck it up and PRACTICE. Wear tennis shoes like I asked you to, and you'll be fine.
I got mortal kombat 9 :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFdS0PkT6-c[/YOUTUBE]

https://assets.vg247.com/current//2011/01/mk11.jpg

MORTAL KOMBAT!
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Most of them think pouting their lips like that makes them look sexy and seductive - duckface sums it up more appropriately, in my opinion.

Yeah, it's called suck it up and PRACTICE. Wear tennis shoes like I asked you to, and you'll be fine.

yep, I will probably need tennis shoes, these sandals are KILLING me