Debate Mansion

Chat (Page 64)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by xobile

Yes I did mean what I said, but not in a stern way ... just opening up. Embarrassed

Oh were all unkind. But I reserve my unkindness for MSN LOL

Yeah, I know it wasn't in a stern way, if it was ... I'd have kicked your butt, lil' boy. Only my parents are allowed to give me lectures. And they haven't done that in a looooooong time. LOL

I don't believe in that. I think that if you have something to say - you should say it. Obviously I don't believe in intentionally hurting other people's feelings, but I also don't like it when people put up false pretenses of liking someone or someone's behavior when they actually can't stand it. Of course that does land me in trouble a lot of times even in RL, but that's okay. As long as I'm consistent. LOL

Phir se lil boy! Angry

Well that's very good. Honesty makes you a more trustworthy person. But as you know very well, it is not the most convenient policy. Which is why I reserve it for personal convos. It is important to keep a distinction between keeping mum and being a hypocrite, though. One place I am completely open is with my parents and that gets me into a lot of trouble. Ouch

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Simi, nobody's ignoring you, hon! How are you? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school tomorrow? :)
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Oh they definitely have had a LOT of practice! 
I know what you mean. I went to a girls school and we are just as bad when it comes to turning something perfectly innocent in to something really dirty. Even funnier when our RE teacher used to join in and talk about all that stuff.LOL

But the whole point of FB is keeping in contact with friends. I mean yes, of course you can always pick the phone up and give them a call or leave them a text instead but it's so much easier to just FB them! Everyone facebook stalks, it's a fact. I have a friend who's profile is set to completely private so basically he doesn't even have a wall. He used to find that a lot of his friend used to post on his wall asking about things like 'plans for saturday night' or other personal things that he didn't want others knowing about. It's also not that easy when you have work colleagues who add you on FB when all you want to do is keep things professional.

Yeah that's the only reason why I still pop into fb every couple of days. People use it to keep in touch, so I shud stay in touch too. But seriously the stalking is annoying. I have stalked people too and it just feels so wrong.

If you both have mutual friends then it shows up on your FB home page anyway so you shouldn't feel guilty and if they upload pics then obviously they've done it for a reason right? I know for a fact certain friends stalk me 'cos when I tell them stories that they shouldn't already know, it turns out they know already. It's not a big deal for me.

Oh wait - does everyone use Naina's definition of stalking. Coz she said that it's only stalking if ur not friends with them. But I dont have the energy or patience to stalk non friends. I only stalk friends. LOL

Oh I was talking about stalking friends.
I do stalk non-friends too once in a while. There was this really strange incident last year.
One of my friends from IF and I are really good friends-long before either of us joined IF. Me and her have a lot of pictures with each other on FB and well, she has a couple of IF friends that I don't know on her FB too. So last year I went out to central london for a meal with a couple of friends and all of a sudden a girl approaches me and asks me..are you Dia? I was like Shocked do I know you?! and then I realised that she had basically seen me in pics with my friend and figured out who I was from there.

But yeah, FB really shows you that we live in such a small world.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xobile

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Simi, nobody's ignoring you, hon! How are you? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school tomorrow? :)<div></div>

I'm good =) how are you?
And I already for school. Sab homework shomework khatam aur everything else is packed in my bag LOL

Edited by Simi_PagalLadki - 02 January 2011 at 7:18pm

xobile

CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

xobile

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged

None of my IF friends that I have on FB are still members on IF. They left a very long time ago. Also, most of the IF friends that I have on FB I actually didn't even know very well on IF but met them through mutual friends on Yahoo Chat. Funny that now I am no longer in contact with the 'mutual friends' but very good friends with some of the other members I was introduced to. 

On my profile you can see my pic and 'likes' which are only like 5 anyway and you can't click on my pic or view my wall or even view my friends. Luckily most of the family I have on FB are my cousins and they're all pretty cool people. I don't know what I'd do if an auntyji or uncleji tells me they have FB and they've added me as a friend and whether I've added them back or not.

Some people are stalk worthy and I'm glad they haven't realised how to make their profiles private yet or they do it purposely. 

I think my profile is fairly open to those that I've added. Big smile

I block and delete all auntyjis and uncles.

Some people are stalk worthy but it doesnt feel good to stalk. Ouch
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged

Phir se lil boy! Angry

Well that's very good. Honesty makes you a more trustworthy person. But as you know very well, it is not the most convenient policy. Which is why I reserve it for personal convos. It is important to keep a distinction between keeping mum and being a hypocrite, though. One place I am completely open is with my parents and that gets me into a lot of trouble. Ouch

So? Aren't you a lil' boy? LOL

But what feels right isn't always convenient, so convenience isn't always at the top of my list. Obviously there is a balance there - people I don't know too well don't know how I feel about them. But people who I love and know really well - well let's just say that they are well aware of what qualities I like about them and which ones I hate. I'm quite vocal when it comes to that. LOL

Parents are a whole new story - I'm like that with my parents too. They've given up on me now. My dad and I are always on opposite sides of the debate and just as stubborn as each other so we argue a lot. My mom and I tend to share similar views on things, but she knows when I don't like something.

xobile

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Simi, nobody's ignoring you, hon! How are you? Shouldn't you be getting ready for school tomorrow? :)<div></div>

I'm good =) how are you?
And I already for school. Sab homework shomework khatam aur everything else is packed in my bag LOL

Awwww awesome!

Go to top