Chat (Page 62)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. LOL

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.

Sorry I'm employing a 'low emoticon' policy these days which is why that post might have looked slightly serious. Dont apologise and make me all sharminda!! Tongue 

Well even if you had added a "LOL" to it, your post was still serious, so that doesn't matter. Don't be sharminda. LOL I am an unkind person, I know that. LOL

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Looks like both my bhais are forgetting me Ermm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Oh they definitely have had a LOT of practice! 
I know what you mean. I went to a girls school and we are just as bad when it comes to turning something perfectly innocent in to something really dirty. Even funnier when our RE teacher used to join in and talk about all that stuff.LOL

But the whole point of FB is keeping in contact with friends. I mean yes, of course you can always pick the phone up and give them a call or leave them a text instead but it's so much easier to just FB them! Everyone facebook stalks, it's a fact. I have a friend who's profile is set to completely private so basically he doesn't even have a wall. He used to find that a lot of his friend used to post on his wall asking about things like 'plans for saturday night' or other personal things that he didn't want others knowing about. It's also not that easy when you have work colleagues who add you on FB when all you want to do is keep things professional.

Yeah that's the only reason why I still pop into fb every couple of days. People use it to keep in touch, so I shud stay in touch too. But seriously the stalking is annoying. I have stalked people too and it just feels so wrong.

If you both have mutual friends then it shows up on your FB home page anyway so you shouldn't feel guilty and if they upload pics then obviously they've done it for a reason right? I know for a fact certain friends stalk me 'cos when I tell them stories that they shouldn't already know, it turns out they know already. It's not a big deal for me.
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. LOL

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.

Sorry I'm employing a 'low emoticon' policy these days which is why that post might have looked slightly serious. Dont apologise and make me all sharminda!! Tongue 

Well even if you had added a "LOL" to it, your post was still serious, so that doesn't matter. Don't be sharminda. LOL I am an unkind person, I know that. LOL

Yes I did mean what I said, but not in a stern way ... just opening up. Embarrassed

Oh were all unkind. But I reserve my unkindness for MSN LOL

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Looks like you underestimate us. Wink
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

I have a strict IF policy - what happens in IF stays in IF. LOL So no IF friends anywhere outside of IF. Keeps me drama free and away from people I don't like. LOL

FB is awesome when it comes to keeping in touch with each other and keeping up with old friends. But its terribly annoying when it comes to nosy family members and just some not so likable people from life that want to be friends with you and will keep sending friend requests until you accept. Ughhh.

The stalking isn't a problem for me - my profile is totally private. You can see a small picture of me, my name, and that's about it. If you want to stalk that, feel free to do that. Most people that I come across aren't stalk worthy at all. Some that are - well they should keep their profiles private if they don't want intruders reading about their life. If they want to show off, well then what can the rest of us do. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfxobile

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Looks like you underestimate us. Wink

How?
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:02pm | IP Logged

Oh they definitely have had a LOT of practice! 
I know what you mean. I went to a girls school and we are just as bad when it comes to turning something perfectly innocent in to something really dirty. Even funnier when our RE teacher used to join in and talk about all that stuff.LOL

But the whole point of FB is keeping in contact with friends. I mean yes, of course you can always pick the phone up and give them a call or leave them a text instead but it's so much easier to just FB them! Everyone facebook stalks, it's a fact. I have a friend who's profile is set to completely private so basically he doesn't even have a wall. He used to find that a lot of his friend used to post on his wall asking about things like 'plans for saturday night' or other personal things that he didn't want others knowing about. It's also not that easy when you have work colleagues who add you on FB when all you want to do is keep things professional.

Yeah that's the only reason why I still pop into fb every couple of days. People use it to keep in touch, so I shud stay in touch too. But seriously the stalking is annoying. I have stalked people too and it just feels so wrong.

If you both have mutual friends then it shows up on your FB home page anyway so you shouldn't feel guilty and if they upload pics then obviously they've done it for a reason right? I know for a fact certain friends stalk me 'cos when I tell them stories that they shouldn't already know, it turns out they know already. It's not a big deal for me.

Oh wait - does everyone use Naina's definition of stalking. Coz she said that it's only stalking if ur not friends with them. But I dont have the energy or patience to stalk non friends. I only stalk friends. LOL

Go to top