-Aaliyah-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Cool

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. LOL

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I think Sarina is really classy because she is clearly very intelligent but is never patronising. Classiness is about exuding quality in an effortless and graceful way and her writing does have flashes of such classiness. And I think classy people can share raunchy humour with their friends: it does require some flair with language after all to hold a conversation about sex without using any swear words.

Empti is really knowledgeable, self assured and worldy wise. He knows how to use words to the effect he desires. His classiest attribute is subtlety - he can convey a message with little or no words and since words are usually proportional to drama, this means he can make a point but remain drama free.

I use MSN still, because I don't have a BB and I am facebook phobic lol.

I don't deny it at all. She's probably one of the most intelligent members I've come across on IF, not just DM but I think she's only classy when she wants to be.

It's so difficult to have a conversation about sex without using the general terminology..the guys that do so tend to make great flirtsTongue

I guess I've never really had that kind of conversation with Empty to know just how knowledgeable he is but now that you've mentioned it, I'll keep an eye out for his posts on DM. I do like his sense of humour though.

I never knew people still suffer from Facebook Phobia in the 21st century?!Tongue

I guess it's easy to talk like that about sex if you have practice. And the schoolboy humour you pick up in a boys public school is always good training. Our English teacher would often turn regular sentences into euphemisms about sex. LOL

Yeah, I find facebook really artificial and shallow. I feel like the 'facebook profile' has gone from not reflecting people's lives to wrongly reflecting people's lives, which is essentially going from bad to worse. My main problem with it is the stalking though.
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. LOL

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.

Sorry I'm employing a 'low emoticon' policy these days which is why that post might have looked slightly serious. Dont apologise and make me all sharminda!! Tongue 
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:47pm | IP Logged

Jhoot mat bolo yaar. The poor guy told me he added you as his 'buddy' 3 times on IF and each time you rejected him.Ouch

*How could you be so heartless-Kanye West plays in backgroundLOL

LOL that's such a straight faced lie! I love it haha

I just realised I don't have empti as a friend on IF :s how weird
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:51pm | IP Logged

I think Sarina is really classy because she is clearly very intelligent but is never patronising. Classiness is about exuding quality in an effortless and graceful way and her writing does have flashes of such classiness. And I think classy people can share raunchy humour with their friends: it does require some flair with language after all to hold a conversation about sex without using any swear words.

Empti is really knowledgeable, self assured and worldy wise. He knows how to use words to the effect he desires. His classiest attribute is subtlety - he can convey a message with little or no words and since words are usually proportional to drama, this means he can make a point but remain drama free.

I use MSN still, because I don't have a BB and I am facebook phobic lol.

I don't deny it at all. She's probably one of the most intelligent members I've come across on IF, not just DM but I think she's only classy when she wants to be.

It's so difficult to have a conversation about sex without using the general terminology..the guys that do so tend to make great flirtsTongue

I guess I've never really had that kind of conversation with Empty to know just how knowledgeable he is but now that you've mentioned it, I'll keep an eye out for his posts on DM. I do like his sense of humour though.

I never knew people still suffer from Facebook Phobia in the 21st century?!Tongue

I guess it's easy to talk like that about sex if you have practice. And the schoolboy humour you pick up in a boys public school is always good training. Our English teacher would often turn regular sentences into euphemisms about sex. LOL

Yeah, I find facebook really artificial and shallow. I feel like the 'facebook profile' has gone from not reflecting people's lives to wrongly reflecting people's lives, which is essentially going from bad to worse. My main problem with it is the stalking though.

Oh they definitely have had a LOT of practice! 
I know what you mean. I went to a girls school and we are just as bad when it comes to turning something perfectly innocent in to something really dirty. Even funnier when our RE teacher used to join in and talk about all that stuff.LOL

But the whole point of FB is keeping in contact with friends. I mean yes, of course you can always pick the phone up and give them a call or leave them a text instead but it's so much easier to just FB them! Everyone facebook stalks, it's a fact. I have a friend whose profile is set to completely private so basically he doesn't even have a wall. He used to find that a lot of his friend used to post on his wall asking about things like 'plans for saturday night' or other personal things that he didn't want others knowing about. It's also not that easy when you have work colleagues who add you on FB when all you want to do is keep things professional.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 02 January 2011 at 6:55pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xobile

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:54pm | IP Logged

Jhoot mat bolo yaar. The poor guy told me he added you as his 'buddy' 3 times on IF and each time you rejected him.Ouch

*How could you be so heartless-Kanye West plays in backgroundLOL

LOL that's such a straight faced lie! I love it haha

I just realised I don't have empti as a friend on IF :s how weird

That's why I'm so awesome at prankingCool
My first 30 friends were all from DID forum I think. At that time I hadn't activated my account so could only receive requests and never bothered sending people requests which explains why I didn't even know about the scrap feature till much later. After that, I think I added you and Jess as a friend and then couldn't be bothered with the whole buddy system so just left it lol.
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:54pm | IP Logged

Oh they definitely have had a LOT of practice! 
I know what you mean. I went to a girls school and we are just as bad when it comes to turning something perfectly innocent in to something really dirty. Even funnier when our RE teacher used to join in and talk about all that stuff.LOL

But the whole point of FB is keeping in contact with friends. I mean yes, of course you can always pick the phone up and give them a call or leave them a text instead but it's so much easier to just FB them! Everyone facebook stalks, it's a fact. I have a friend who's profile is set to completely private so basically he doesn't even have a wall. He used to find that a lot of his friend used to post on his wall asking about things like 'plans for saturday night' or other personal things that he didn't want others knowing about. It's also not that easy when you have work colleagues who add you on FB when all you want to do is keep things professional.

Yeah that's the only reason why I still pop into fb every couple of days. People use it to keep in touch, so I shud stay in touch too. But seriously the stalking is annoying. I have stalked people too and it just feels so wrong.

Go to top