Debate Mansion

Chat (Page 59)

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by xobile

Secularism, somewhat simplistically put,  is a policy of separating religion from political or administrative matters. Indeed, having different laws for Hindu and Muslim defendants in criminal cases is unsecular. But, marriage is a civil procedure that is deeply enmeshed with people's religious beliefs (or lack of religious beliefs). Just like a Hindu can ask for a Geeta and a Muslim a Kuran in a court of law, there is nothing wrong with each group having different marriage laws.

Marriage maybe something enmeshed with people's religious beliefs, but that does not mean a state has to conform to various religious beliefs. There are many crazy religious beliefs out there - imagine giving due impetus to each one of them. You have to give all religions equal representations if you feel different marriage laws based on religion is Ok.

The law will define one marriage act for all based on equal treatment for everyone in the state irrespective of their religion. Either everyone men/women can all have multiple marriages at once, and the law defines the legal nature of each of these relationships OR there is only one marriage at a time that can only be ended through legal procedure of divorce or annulment.

This is true. The variety of possible religions does mean that catering to all beliefs is nearly impossible. But that's another issue. Let's say it was theoretically possible that every religious belief had its own marriage law and there WAS equal representation. Would it then be OK to have multiple civil codes in a secular society?

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

You forgot to rate yourself SarinaWink

Thats for you people to score me.

I will take 10/10 on either the crass or class scale, but nothing less than perfect rankings for me. Tongue

How does a 5.5 sound?Tongue

Btw no classy members on IF? Oh man, that's disappointing. :(
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:50pm | IP Logged

It is quite difficult to think of someone on IF who has struck me as classy. But after some thought I'd say simi_1 is a very classy person and the only reason I didn't remember her name immediately is because she hasn't been around in a long time.

And there are many unclassy people too but it would be gratuitous to name them openly. Come on msn and I shall spill the stories. LOL

Edited by xobile - 02 January 2011 at 5:52pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
*edit*

Edited by hindu4lyf - 02 January 2011 at 6:01pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:59pm | IP Logged

It is quite difficult to think of someone on IF who has struck me as classy. But after some thought I'd say simi_1 is a very classy person and the only reason I didn't remember her name immediately is because she hasn't been around in a long time.

And there are many unclassy people too but it would be gratuitous to name them openly. Come on msn and I shall spill the stories. LOL

No idea who you're talking about but I haven't really come across someone that I would call classy either. There is one member on the Geet forum, -Sookie- and she writes beautifully. Often a lot of the stuff she writes is like short, really confusing poems but she comes across as quite classy. If nothing else, she's a very intelligent member.

Also, it is really hard to determine class on an online forum. There are so many people that are quite different in reality.

I'd maybe say that our Akku Di (Akanna) seems quite classy. :)

I barely ever log in on MSN but let me log in today.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 02 January 2011 at 6:00pm
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged

And there are many unclassy people too but it would be gratuitous to name them openly. Come on msn and I shall spill the stories. LOL

No idea who you're talking about but I haven't really come across someone that I would call classy either. There is one member on the Geet forum, -Sookie- and she writes beautifully. Often a lot of the stuff she writes is like short, really confusing poems but she comes across as quite classy. If nothing else, she's a very intelligent member.

Also, it is really hard to determine class on an online forum. There are so many people that are quite different in reality.

She remains very graceful and refined in a decidedly crass zone. In that sense I think Sarina is very classy too. But I agree with you, I can imagine people being very different in real life than how they are in IF. I'd say Empti is probably quite classy in real life.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

She remains very graceful and refined in a decidedly crass zone. In that sense I think Sarina is very classy too. But I agree with you, I can imagine people being very different in real life than how they are in IF. I'd say Empti is probably quite classy in real life.

Sarina can be classy when she wants to be.
I wonder if she's just as calm and composed in heated situations in reality. 

@bold: Hmm I never really thought about it but what makes you think that?

MSN is as dead as it always is. It feels like life has changed ever since I got a BB. BBM is awesome.Cool

Edited by hindu4lyf - 02 January 2011 at 6:11pm
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
hey, hey, hey! what's this? private discussions? AngryLOL

i was just kidding by the way ... i've met some really nice and classy people on IF. :)

Go to top