Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Chat (Page 54)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Oh how bout we make this discussion of class spicy. Everyone list five classy and unclassy DM members. Wink

ROFL Okay, you go first. Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Itne bade bacche bhi hote hai kya?Tongue

Nah I wouln't put Shabana Azmi and Hemaji in the same category. If you put Hemaji in then you might as well add Rekha. I have a lot of respect for both the women but Shabanaji is just something else. I do agree though that considering Helen was an item girl, she did carry herself well and never really looked cheap as such. 

Then you get actresses like Konkona Sen whom again I have so much respect for but I wouldn't say that she has a lot of class. I'd say a lot of the time class is something that runs in the family and so it has a lot to do with your upbringing.

Kyon nahin. Bacche come in all shapes and sizes. Ask Ajnu, I think she will agree I'm a big baby.

Helen always amazes me. Just because one is an item girl does not mean one has to be cheap and sleazy. She was a dance who you could say was sensual and sexy, but never crass or vulgar. Also reminds me of Joana Krupa the playboy model who was on DWTS. She was a swimsuit model who had also done several nude poses, but she conducted herself with such dignity and spoke so eloquently.

I also like Kajol for her brazen straight shooting talk, she is totally unclassy sometimes - but I love her. In Hollywood I love Tina Fey and Queen Latifah.

My baccha better not come in such a shape or size! jk!Tongue

Hmm Sarina you seem to know a lot about Playboy models? ;)
The only models I know about are A&F modelsDay Dreaming

Kajol talks too much..not classy at all. The women doesn't know when to shut up! Her interview with KJo when she came with Rani was funny but she made a sly comment to Rani and I didn't like that at all. 
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Awww, I'm glad exams are off your back! Every time I talk to you exams are always around the corner. LOL Are you on break as well right now? :)

DI!?! Yeh kab hua? LOL No new year resolutions for me! My motto this year was let's resolve to repeat last year's mistakes. Tongue I don't believe in resolutions ... they always fail. For 2010, I had no resolutions and I ended up accomplishing a lot! Hoping the same for 2011. ;-)

How about you, hon?

Well, my exams are starting by the end of this month.. LOL Thumbs Down Yup, we got few holidays now and will be having holidays from 7-14th Jan due to some SI festival! :D

Why, I am gonna call everyone older than me with "respect" Tongue .. Me neither! LOL Aww, you're 2010 was good? It was the worst year for me! :(  I hope 2011 goes well.. :(

So many holidays! Lucky you!

But you never call me di ... so I was surprised, that's all. LOL Awww, I'm sure 2011 will be fantastic! Hug
CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

Apparently Dharmendra converted to Islam to marry Hema Malini?

Since when is Hema Malini Muslim? Confused

this is what i got from imdb.com, not sure how true it is

"After turning down marriage proposals from Sanjeev Kumar and Jeetendra, she met with hot fellow actor, Dharmendra, both were attracted to each other and wanted to get married. Dharmendra, who was already married to Prakash Kaur, and had two sons, Sunny and Bobby, could not marry Hema as Prakash refused to divorce him. According to the Hindu Marriage Act, a Hindu cannot marry a second time while the first wife is still alive. Dharmendra belongs to a Arya Samaj Hindu Punjabi Jatt family.

On August 21, 1979, both Hema and Dharmendra converted to Islam, changed their names to Aisha Bi R. Chakravarty and Dilawar Khan Kewal Krishn respectively, and got married in accordance with Islamic rites."

Reading that, I am guessing that neither of them was Muslim and converted to Islam by choice. It says that both of them converted, so Hema Malini wasn't Muslim either.

That's odd ... I never knew that. Weird.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
Shashi - clarification from Wiki:

According to the Hindu Marriage Act, a Hindu cannot marry a second time while the first wife is still alive. But since India doesn't have a common civil code and has different marriage rules for different religions, they were able to exploit that loophole in the law. Both of them converted to Islam – and married under that civil code.

That is really sick. Dead
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:38pm | IP Logged

this is what i got from imdb.com, not sure how true it is

"After turning down marriage proposals from Sanjeev Kumar and Jeetendra, she met with hot fellow actor, Dharmendra, both were attracted to each other and wanted to get married. Dharmendra, who was already married to Prakash Kaur, and had two sons, Sunny and Bobby, could not marry Hema as Prakash refused to divorce him. According to the Hindu Marriage Act, a Hindu cannot marry a second time while the first wife is still alive. Dharmendra belongs to a Arya Samaj Hindu Punjabi Jatt family.

On August 21, 1979, both Hema and Dharmendra converted to Islam, changed their names to Aisha Bi R. Chakravarty and Dilawar Khan Kewal Krishn respectively, and got married in accordance with Islamic rites."

Ahh yes! I remember reading about his conversion a long time ago too!

Talking about conversion..

Did you hear about Julia Roberts converting to Hinduism while making Eat, Pray, Love? Apparently she now has a production company called 'Red Om Films'. 
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:39pm | IP Logged

Yeah they had to convert to Islam because Hindu marriage law doesn't allow multiple wives.

Go to top