Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I was referring to Xobi's suggestion of moving the convo over to MSN. If you're going to say something, have the courage to say it out loud Xobi. ๐Ÿ˜›

And Dia - that's very true. I do think that the majority of the members here are like that. Only a few that are classy, but I have had the pleasure of knowing some. :)

No worries then 'cos I haven't got Xo on my MSN anyway. Only Vinu's lucky enough to have his personal e-mail add๐Ÿ˜›

I think DID forum was where I met the two extremes. Some really decent people and others who love making your life hell and take everything so seriously and basically would do almost anything to have a virtual argument with you. Eventually, you learn to just laugh at people's stupidity instead of fighting a losing battle with them.
xobile thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Sarina can be classy when she wants to be.
I wonder if she's just as calm and composed in heated situations in reality. 

@bold: Hmm I never really thought about it but what makes you think that?

MSN is as dead as it always is. It feels like life has changed ever since I got a BB. BBM is awesome.๐Ÿ˜Ž

I think Sarina is really classy because she is clearly very intelligent but is never patronising. Classiness is about exuding quality in an effortless and graceful way and her writing does have flashes of such classiness. And I think classy people can share raunchy humour with their friends: it does require some flair with language after all to hold a conversation about sex without using any swear words.

Empti is really knowledgeable, self assured and worldy wise. He knows how to use words to the effect he desires. His classiest attribute is subtlety - he can convey a message with little or no words and since words are usually proportional to drama, this means he can make a point but remain drama free.

I use MSN still, because I don't have a BB and I am facebook phobic lol.
xobile thumbnail

I was referring to Xobi's suggestion of moving the convo over to MSN. If you're going to say something, have the courage to say it out loud Xobi. ๐Ÿ˜›

And Dia - that's very true. I do think that the majority of the members here are like that. Only a few that are classy, but I have had the pleasure of knowing some. :)

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. ๐Ÿ˜†
xobile thumbnail

No worries then 'cos I haven't got Xo on my MSN anyway. Only Vinu's lucky enough to have his personal e-mail add๐Ÿ˜›

I think DID forum was where I met the two extremes. Some really decent people and others who love making your life hell and take everything so seriously and basically would do almost anything to have a virtual argument with you. Eventually, you learn to just laugh at people's stupidity instead of fighting a losing battle with them.

Haww no no there are quite a few IFians who have my email. Not Vinu though.  It should be said that he hasn't asked me for my ID either, it's not like I rejected him. ๐Ÿ˜†

The Music Ka Maha Muqqabla forum was good too. Lots of nice people :D
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Originally posted by: xobile

I think Sarina is really classy because she is clearly very intelligent but is never patronising. Classiness is about exuding quality in an effortless and graceful way and her writing does have flashes of such classiness. And I think classy people can share raunchy humour with their friends: it does require some flair with language after all to hold a conversation about sex without using any swear words.

Empti is really knowledgeable, self assured and worldy wise. He knows how to use words to the effect he desires. His classiest attribute is subtlety - he can convey a message with little or no words and since words are usually proportional to drama, this means he can make a point but remain drama free.

I use MSN still, because I don't have a BB and I am facebook phobic lol.

I don't deny it at all. She's probably one of the most intelligent members I've come across on IF, not just DM but I think she's only classy when she wants to be.

It's so difficult to have a conversation about sex without using the general terminology..the guys that do so tend to make great flirts๐Ÿ˜›

I guess I've never really had that kind of conversation with Empty to know just how knowledgeable he is but now that you've mentioned it, I'll keep an eye out for his posts on DM. I do like his sense of humour though.

I never knew people still suffer from Facebook Phobia in the 21st century?!๐Ÿ˜›
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Haww no no there are quite a few IFians who have my email. Not Vinu though.  It should be said that he hasn't asked me for my ID either, it's not like I rejected him. ๐Ÿ˜†

The Music Ka Maha Muqqabla forum was good too. Lots of nice people :D

Jhoot mat bolo yaar. The poor guy told me he added you as his 'buddy' 3 times on IF and each time you rejected him.

*How could you be so heartless-Kanye West plays in background๐Ÿ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I don't think it's courageous to say something mean about someone on a forum as public as this. I've done it before and regretted it. The private sphere is the only place where one can be truly honest unfortunately, because usually a petty truth is not worth breaking someone's heart. And often the kind of people I might want to say something less than nice about are also those that wouldn't be able to endure being talked about.

As for crazy people on IF - there are many. ๐Ÿ˜†

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.
xobile thumbnail

I don't deny it at all. She's probably one of the most intelligent members I've come across on IF, not just DM but I think she's only classy when she wants to be.

It's so difficult to have a conversation about sex without using the general terminology..the guys that do so tend to make great flirts๐Ÿ˜›

I guess I've never really had that kind of conversation with Empty to know just how knowledgeable he is but now that you've mentioned it, I'll keep an eye out for his posts on DM. I do like his sense of humour though.

I never knew people still suffer from Facebook Phobia in the 21st century?!๐Ÿ˜›

I guess it's easy to talk like that about sex if you have practice. And the schoolboy humour you pick up in a boys public school is always good training. Our English teacher would often turn regular sentences into euphemisms about sex. ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah, I find facebook really artificial and shallow. I feel like the 'facebook profile' has gone from not reflecting people's lives to wrongly reflecting people's lives, which is essentially going from bad to worse. My main problem with it is the stalking though.
xobile thumbnail

I apologize Jay, I was just pulling your leg.

Sorry I'm employing a 'low emoticon' policy these days which is why that post might have looked slightly serious. Dont apologise and make me all sharminda!! ๐Ÿ˜› 
xobile thumbnail

Jhoot mat bolo yaar. The poor guy told me he added you as his 'buddy' 3 times on IF and each time you rejected him.

*How could you be so heartless-Kanye West plays in background๐Ÿ˜†

LOL that's such a straight faced lie! I love it haha

I just realised I don't have empti as a friend on IF :s how weird