Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sarina - did I scare you away? Do you want me to start instead? 😆
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Ahh yes! I remember reading about his conversion a long time ago too!

Talking about conversion..

Did you hear about Julia Roberts converting to Hinduism while making Eat, Pray, Love? Apparently she now has a production company called 'Red Om Films'. 

yeh i heard about that... btw, is Russell Brand a follower of ISKCON or what?
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Emptiness

i know, it should be one code for all

But that also defeats the purpose of freedom of religion in a way, but we won't get into that. lol
xobile thumbnail

i know, it should be one code for all

Why? Different religions prescribe/allow different things
Originally posted by: xobile

Why? Different religions prescribe/allow different things

india claims to be a "secular" country, then they should really enforce the same set of secular civil laws to govern all people, irrespective of their religion, caste or tribe.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I think it was all just hype created to promote the movie. I hate how these celebrities make a mockery of religion! I remember there was once conjecture that Micheal Jackson had converted to Islam? 😕😆

Dunno about MJ but his brother is a practising Muslim as far as I know. Well, he was practising when he was in the Big Brother house anyway.

@Empty: If someone wanted to convert then maybe someone like Angelina Jolie could, why RUSSELL BRAND?! lol but yeah, he definitely used to go ISKCON watford temple quite a lot 'cos my friend goes there every week and she spotted him a couple of times. Apparently he went there to get rid of his drugs and sex addiction or something. It was a bit weird when I first heard him signing off Big Brother's Little Brother saying 'Hare Krishna' every time. 
xobile thumbnail

india claims to be a "secular" country, then they should really enforce the same set of secular civil laws to govern all people, irrespective of their religion, caste or tribe.

secular in the sense that there is a separation of church (or temple/mosque) and state, and in the sense that people are allowed as much as possible to practice their religion
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

But how is that an affair? Dharmendra cheated on his first wife? I did know that she's Sunny and Bobby's stepmother ... but I did not know that Dharmendra had an extramarital affair with her.

Actual "wives" ... was there more than one?

Umm I though an extramarital relationship with a married man fulfilled the criteria of affair.

Yes, I say actual wife...because Hema technically is not a wife - even though many view her as second wife or something.

Empti - I though Dharmendra never married Hema. She never legally took his last name. He only accepted the children as his own and gave them his last name.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

🤣 Okay, you go first. 😛

Na na, ladies first.

I asked this questions specially for you.

But also to see if I can pick on the boys Xo, Debo,...Empti......😎
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Umm I though an extramarital relationship with a married man fulfilled the criteria of affair.

Yes, I say actual wife...because Hema technically is not a wife - even though many view her as second wife or something.

Empti - I though Dharmendra never married Hema. She never legally took his last name. He only accepted the children as his own and gave them his last name.

I did not know that Dharmendra was married when he met Hema. That's why I did not know it was an affair. I always assumed that he was already divorced or something. I also did not know that they are not really husband-wife.