India-Forums

Saas Bina Sasuraal
Saas Bina Sasuraal

question for CV's (Page 2)

bsingapury IF-Sizzlerz
bsingapury
bsingapury

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
yes many members are too young to understnad the gravity of the reality...
and may be many has grown up in USA where small and individual life is more common. and now with changing generation in india also things are changing fast but still there are many obligations and webbed relations are there...

silvermoonlight IF-Dazzler
silvermoonlight
silvermoonlight

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged

Joint families exist in Canada

Here women continue to work after marriage and in addition take care of their joint families...however in Canada, there may be some rifts, but everyone does try to work together..i.e one handles cooking another helps with the dishes

This show is unrealistic and is a rare situation...most women will either have a saas or another sis in law for assistance in such a BIG family

After marriage, a daughter in law has some responsibilities however this show is overdoing it on both ends

All I see is a girl who keeps saying yes..yes..yes and not fighting for her right

All the men did the chores before..so why has this now changed with a woman entering the house? Why is one woman resp. for all this? 

However I do like the fact that that her father in law realized he was too harsh....just wish they would realize a bit faster that Toasty is one woman and without assistance, cannot do everything...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08

Araam Senior Member
Araam
Araam

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
I think there is a big difference between not fighting for your rights and actually making an effort to adjust.
What I like about Toasty is that she is willing to overlook her hardships to make a relationship work. Its too soon to call her a doormat.
As we see, the relationship she establishes will create genuine affection and concern for her in the men.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerdbsingapury

scinerd Goldie
scinerd
scinerd

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Araam

I think there is a big difference between not fighting for your rights and actually making an effort to adjust.
What I like about Toasty is that she is willing to overlook her hardships to make a relationship work. Its too soon to call her a doormat.
As we see, the relationship she establishes will create genuine affection and concern for her in the men.

exactly!
bsingapury IF-Sizzlerz
bsingapury
bsingapury

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Araam

exactly ............share same sentiment....

it has taken half my life still i am trying to balance between........two different world...........EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed and still sometimes i feel might loos...........but support from your love ones give you confidence......

and for toasty its just begining..........and as i said earlier its easy to break house and relationship its difficult tokeep it together..........but its most rewarding...........as toasty herself said.........little bit understanding, little bit compromise little bit sacrifice and lots of love.......EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Araam

Mulan08 Senior Member
Mulan08
Mulan08

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
I guess you need not be a certain age or belong to a certain community to be able to tell if something is inhuman or unjust. What Toasty is undergoing is pure torture and she is under too much pressure to resist.

I live in India and above 30, plus I am married with a kid, yet rationality has no age barrier. Toasty's behaviour cannot be endorsed on purely human grounds. 

How would one react if a man underwent so much at his in laws place?  Some people have different mindsets for a man and another for a woman and the show is catering to make them feel nice about themselves. 

silvermoonlight

scinerd Goldie
scinerd
scinerd

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
I hope today episode again showed that toasty is not a doormat and rather a very intelligent girl that knows how to deal with people. You saw a clear contrast between a bahu who was "fighting for her right" and forcing herself into the heart of others and you see one who realizes that these people don't love me like a sister yet. I must first win there hearts and then perhaps they will trust me and actually feel sympathy for me.  Toasty is a school teacher. She nows how to deal with kids, and without a mom all of the 5 brothers become nothing but kids.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Saas Bina Sasuraal Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index