Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

NEETA2010

NEETA2010

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Hi,
I started out watching this serial as i found it very different. But of late i am wondering what is it that you are trying to prove here. Honestly - is making food for 20 people and 250 rotis supposed to something that is "normal" for women to do that too without any help and without complaining? And what exactly was the point  you were trying to make when Toastie's mom tried to help her out? And the arguments for trying to prove that toastie's mom was wrong - those are the most antiquated i have heard .....A mom cant help her daughter out because she is married?Please get real....married or not a mother is a mother...and toastie supporting her in laws and being a sati savitri and letting down her mom who has so lovingly brought her up....i was just dumbfounded ! I dont understand Toastie's character any more...i thought you wanted to portray her as a well educated girl who would smartly handle all the issues in her sasural...instead you have made her out to be this maid in the house who just works and even when something is blatantly wrong...says no its right....because she dare not offend her in laws and wants them to change for the better just because she is a "yes" girl to them...
suddenly her character does not seem to be that of a strong person any more...she is more like a doormat...
Dont know which educated woman in this day and age would behave and work like this without using her smarts to find a way to handle this....like for e.g...buying a washing machine! (sic)
I am wondering if the CV"s are from the dark ages....when women had no say and had to just do what they were told...
Infuriating ....thanks for portraying women like door mats...this serial now is no different than all the other crappy saas bahu serials....

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08Habeeba_dsilvermoonlightbambooshootspsharmilasuresh555Tani91nycsweetie_dkmystery_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "question for CV's" in Saas Bina Sasuraal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fungrl

Goldie

fungrl

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 11:11am | IP Logged
ditto to everything you said, and Sony wonders why all of its shows get canned. I mean if we wanted to see subservient Sass and hellish saural there are plenty of other channels who offer this torture, Sony needs to wake up and make toasty's character a smart women not a old quite maid in the guise of a bahu

guptar85

guptar85

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
i know i created a post asking similar question. it seems so stupid that she's doing everything just to look good but instead she should speak up and demand respect for herself. she's so annoying me i mean i understand she wants to respect her inlaw but its pathetic now to the point where you just want to shoot urself for watching this show

nycsweetie

IF-Sizzlerz

nycsweetie

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NEETA2010

Hi,
I started out watching this serial as i found it very different. But of late i am wondering what is it that you are trying to prove here. Honestly - is making food for 20 people and 250 rotis supposed to something that is "normal" for women to do that too without any help and without complaining? And what exactly was the point  you were trying to make when Toastie's mom tried to help her out? And the arguments for trying to prove that toastie's mom was wrong - those are the most antiquated i have heard .....A mom cant help her daughter out because she is married?Please get real....married or not a mother is a mother...and toastie supporting her in laws and being a sati savitri and letting down her mom who has so lovingly brought her up....i was just dumbfounded ! I dont understand Toastie's character any more...i thought you wanted to portray her as a well educated girl who would smartly handle all the issues in her sasural...instead you have made her out to be this maid in the house who just works and even when something is blatantly wrong...says no its right....because she dare not offend her in laws and wants them to change for the better just because she is a "yes" girl to them...
suddenly her character does not seem to be that of a strong person any more...she is more like a doormat...
Dont know which educated woman in this day and age would behave and work like this without using her smarts to find a way to handle this....like for e.g...buying a washing machine! (sic)
I am wondering if the CV"s are from the dark ages....when women had no say and had to just do what they were told...
Infuriating ....thanks for portraying women like door mats...this serial now is no different than all the other crappy saas bahu serials....

i totally agree with u

scinerd

Goldie

scinerd

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
i disagree with you all, i think you guys are not thinking of the big picture. A few things you all said i agree with. Pitaji was wrong, and he realized this and is apologizing. I think if you all watch today episode it will become more clear.
 Toasty is very smart, she knows how to handle such a delicate situation. Sometimess arguing and screaming get you into more problems.  Pitaji was going overboard but so is toastys mom, telling tej toasty and him should move out. I think people these days have lost how it is the live in a big family and have lost how to deal with people.
The CVs are showing how a modern day girl would live in such a family.  If you think about it, now a days people there are far more problems, everyone selfish and what not.

Toasty should not be telling her mom every little thing.
Toasty mom should let the girl learn some lessons on her own.

Pitaji should not be so insenstiv and realize that its not 1947. and yes buy a washing a machine. the maid problem is because no maid wants to work there.

I think slowly toasty charm is growing on everyone and they are realizing their mistakes. Maybe the mistake the made with the old bahu. We are not black and white we are shades of grey. the old bahu wasn't purley evil but she also wasnt smart and compassionate like toasty who learnt that slow and steady wins the race.  this family has gone through a lot and one needs a tender hand to help them out of that. the only stupid thing is, is that she should have been told what the problem is.

finally done my rant. this is just my POV and you all don't have to agree but i hope it makes you think of the situation in another way.

cheers

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AraamSamrenebsingapuryTani91

rm123456789

rm123456789

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
Every family is different. Sometimes even if they can afford the maid or the machine they don't get those because thats the way they have lived till now. My in-laws live in a different city from us. And even in this time and age my father-in-law will only eat food cooked by my mother-in-law or me when I am there. And he will not let any maid wash his clothes. This issues has caused a lot of problems for me and my mother-in-law many times but he does not budge from his stand. It seems the situation is same with toasty's father-in-law.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Araamscinerd

bsingapury

IF-Sizzlerz

bsingapury

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:41pm | IP Logged

i think many people have not lived in india.......and specially in join family.........if they would have.....than they would have understand wahtever creative is shwoign actually happens or used to happen...in india.......

and still its my personal experience on all small matter you have been adviced............dont tell this matter to you mom..........or share this matter with your paretns and siblings.........

many times your parents are forbidden to help you in many matters......and you are left alone to mend your problems........created by in laws........

and whatever scinerd has said is very true..............

and the way toasty told........that before marriage she used to think it would be easy and she will take help form mom whever seh has problem but when you land in actually situation than you realise how difficult and how different it is

i have seen many young girls .......who had stubburn attitude and nature to say anything on face.........and always boast if my in laws mis behave i wil give them answer back and bring them on line but many times it does not happen...........when you actually find some in laws head strong.......and situation goes twisted the same girls become poor lamb............

and with fight and arguement one can easily....break family...and make their own life easy
but what happenes with our love ones....our husband....who is like grain stuck in between parents and wife..........

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AraamscinerdTani91

scinerd

Goldie

scinerd

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bsingapury

i think many people have not lived in india.......and specially in join family.........if they would have.....than they would have understand wahtever creative is shwoign actually happens or used to happen...in india.......

and still its my personal experience on all small matter you have been adviced............dont tell this matter to you mom..........or share this matter with your paretns and siblings.........

many times your parents are forbidden to help you in many matters......and you are left alone to mend your problems........created by in laws........

and whatever scinerd has said is very true..............

and the way toasty told........that before marriage she used to think it would be easy and she will take help form mom whever seh has problem but when you land in actually situation than you realise how difficult and how different it is

i have seen many young girls .......who had stubburn attitude and nature to say anything on face.........and always boast if my in laws mis behave i wil give them answer back and bring them on line but many times it does not happen...........when you actually find some in laws head strong.......and situation goes twisted the same girls become poor lamb............

and with fight and arguement one can easily....break family...and make their own life easy
but what happenes with our love ones....our husband....who is like grain stuck in between parents and wife..........

i totally agree with you. i also think that many of the people on the forum are young so they may not understand this just yet. perhaps that's why they are so shocked

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Araambsingapury

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.