India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

The memorable song!!!! (Page 70)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

Yes life is full of ups and downs and we have to learn to manage that.

Ah for the Kite to soar so high in the sky, eventhough it could be a brief period, it is well worth the effort.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Prometeus

Yes truly NFAK is a legend !

Hope RFAK follows the same in future.
yeah but he is singing too much commercial songs now.. do you know the guy next to NFK on harmonium is Rahat's father, he died early 2000s I think..
he was equally impressive singer but sort of got shadowed by his legend-ary(barny style) bro

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

Originally posted by lonely0planet

good night.

very nice.. did you write that Urdu.. wow..i cant read though
Amazing song...

yes i wrote that. however this is using mouse and not pen. lol

also note that the lines are mix of urdu and hindi (mainly) and that too of a particular dialect (use of jore instead of zor). i however wrote it in urdu script here as i cant write in hindi, lol

pavan purwa mein yun udta jaave
badra chanda se mann judta jaave
aawe hawa ka, jhonka phir aisa
toote patang ki dor sa

i did a extensive search for the meaning.   

flying with the easterly breeze
the heart reaches the cloud and moon
then comes the wind, as a strong gust
(heart) breaks like a kite's string

it describes a situation where one wants to/achieves certain aims and goals (moon/cloud reference) however the situation sometimes is not easy/doesnt last (strong wind) and we fail (like a kite fails). The deeper meaning is that its about fate/destiny as a kite can never reach/remain at those heights and its destiny is to fail after brief period. lol.

you can see i like this song. anway. i need excuse to discuss my favorite songs. i hope i made sense. lol. anyway thanks.
absolutely marvel..  it grows on you slowly.. who would you give credit to Pritam or Zubin..

poetry and songs are so soul soothing than those lame "trying to change world" discussions..
thanks for the translation..

are you not at work today? 

im early home coming down with a fever and flu.. hope it passs quickly

Forever-KA

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 4:02pm | IP Logged

Ah for the Kite to soar so high in the sky, eventhough it could be a brief period, it is well worth the effort.

you are a positive soul summer. you will appreciate parwane going after shama as well. lol. i have not seen the movie but from the music video it seems that song is on someone who is not happy i guess and hence the lyrics. lol.

absolutely marvel.. it grows on you slowly.. who would you give credit to Pritam or Zubin..
poetry and songs are so soul soothing than those lame "trying to change world" discussions..
thanks for the translation..
are you not at work today?
im early home coming down with a fever and flu.. hope it passs quickly

credit goes to all i guess. pritam has given great music in last decade. here choice of zubin was perfect.

yes song topics have always been my favorite. lol ok.

no i was at work. i can log in from there as well.

thats terrible. you take care and hope you get well soon. so many have flu and fever so it must be that time of the year.

LovelyPlanetSummer3

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

you are a positive soul summer. you will appreciate parwane going after shama as well. lol. i have not seen the movie but from the music video it seems that song is on someone who is not happy i guess and hence the lyrics. lol.

credit goes to all i guess. pritam has given great music in last decade. here choice of zubin was perfect.

yes song topics have always been my favorite. lol ok.

no i was at work. i can log in from there as well.

thats terrible. you take care and hope you get well soon. so many have flu and fever so it must be that time of the year.

cant agree more..glad to find two good souls in most unexpected place..internet forum lol..

forgot to ask though.. did you say cant write hindi? with pen I cant write anything now except my name(LOL lack of practice) ..

not sure if you have heard Yanni before, just another form of transcendental music from Europe
thanks to zen meditation centre for introducing this to me...
2:57 onwards...
Song is flight of nightingale.. lauren sounds exactly like a nightingale around 3:56

yeah its spring.. thanks.. already better

Edited by lonely0planet - 19 March 2013 at 9:54pm

Forever-KASummer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Prometeus

Yes truly NFAK is a legend !

Hope RFAK follows the same in future.
yeah but he is singing too much commercial songs now.. do you know the guy next to NFK on harmonium is Rahat's father, he died early 2000s I think..
he was equally impressive singer but sort of got shadowed by his legend-ary(barny style) bro
Yes a lot of filmy songs is undertaken by RFAK at the moment. But all the spiritual training that he has been exposed to will one day take deeper root I guess. He could also be helping persons who are having a hard time in Pakistan too.

Sadly a lot of these singers die early because of lack of adequate rest and in some cases due to too much drinks perhaps;

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged

cant agree more..glad to find two good souls in most unexpected place..internet forum lol..

ok i wont get philosophical and say we all are good souls. lol. thanks. you are kind.

forgot to ask though.. did you say cant write hindi? with pen I cant write anything now except my name(LOL lack of practice) ..

thats a very good point. with time many of us have not used pen to write in our own language and sometimes it feels strange. i am glad someone thought of that as well.

yes i cant write or read hindi. my mother tongue is urdu and i am not indian are two good reasons. lol

not sure if you have heard Yanni before, just another form of transcendental music from Europe
Song is flight of nightingale.. lauren sounds exactly like a nightingale around 3:56

i have heard the name but these days i dont follow english songs much. i do listen to old english songs

great...good to hear that. tc

Edited by King-Anu - 20 March 2013 at 7:24am
LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:53am | IP Logged

ok i wont get philosophical and say we all are good souls. lol. thanks. you are kind.

thats a very good point. with time many of us have not used pen to write in our own language and sometimes it feels strange. i am glad someone thought of that as well.

yes i cant write or read hindi. my mother tongue is urdu and i am not indian are two good reasons. lol

i have heard the name but these days i dont follow english songs much. i do listen to old english songs

great...good to hear that. tc
@BOLD i dont believe in man-made boundaries known as countries.. we are one human race Smile..

Forever-KA

Go to top