Debate Mansion

The memorable song!!!! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 98

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:07am | IP Logged
Tera Chehra from Adnan Sami reminds me of my cousin who died last year back in August 2010

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The memorable song!!!! (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:13am | IP Logged
lady gaga's natural singing is so mediocre, no wonder she revamped herself. Although revamped is a bit of an understatement.

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:21am | IP Logged
I don't know why this is so memorable, but I remember it even when I heard it  back in the mid 2000's LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:47am | IP Logged
LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

Ah wow! Never heard her before she was Lady Gaga.
But I there's this robotic type of voice when she sings in her songs. But I think she should get away from this techno and sing some other songs.
Like M.I.A she changes her style every now and then. A couple years back she sang R&B and now she's singing techno.
I actually think that every artist should do that because then we'll know how versatile they are.

Speaking of Lady Gaga, the American pop scene is not conducive to alternative music. A classical piano composer or a soul/folk singer will not get a major mainstream contract. When Stephani Germanotta was a teenager, many people thought she was a deserving artist. She had powerful vocals and the sound foundations of western classical. Unfortunately, that is not what "sells". She had the ambition to become a mainstream singer and so she had to reinvent herself into something that sells. NY Magazine actually had a great featurette on her - http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/65127/

She has never stopped performing classical. Every concert she plays piano recitals of paparazzi. There are several acoustic and classical versions of most of her hit songs. Barring a few songs like Just Dance, Disco Heaven etc which she claims are intentional nonsensical dance pop anthems, most other songs have really good song writing and composition. The electronic sounds are what it takes to be a dance pop hit. The stripped versions are actually quite incredible.

Two years, two albums and 8 number one hits, thats a phenomenon very few musicians have achieved. She has promised a new sound with her next album and I'm positive she will release acoustic and classical albums down the road. She is still new to the scene and relatively young.

Although I don't expect musicians to be versatile really. Every band/singer has a forte as well as audience that they should cater too. Versatility yes, is valuable, but knowing ones strength is much more important. Elvis Presley did Rock N' Roll and he did it incredibly, he did not try to be a hard rock star or a country musician. Carrie Underwood despite being American Idol stuck to her country roots and prefers to be a country artist. It works for some, for some it doesn't. Some people can successfully reinvent themselves in many genres, some just seem out of place. To be honest for me the newer reinvention of MIA does not work, not that she is not good at it - but she is going away from her original anti-pop, alternative hip-hop styles to be a more mainstream dance-pop singer. Its not what I enjoyed MIA for.

Anyway, Lady Gaga is not above criticism. I will agree that she is over the top, in your face and is always doing something neurotically crazy. Her music style and singing (commercial and alternative) are just not the cup of tea for many people. But I think people are grossly incorrect when they feel she is just a glamor package with no talent. That being said even if she is sans talent, she will be memorable - no one will ever forget pyrotechnic bras or meat dresses.

alpha_sigma

alpha_sigma

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged

-Aaliyah-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aaliyah-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Kyun from Kambakkht Ishq

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--ania--xobileruky786

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz