Tere Liye

India-Forums

Tere Liye
Tere Liye

FF: Bas Ek Pal, chapter 3, pg 4 (Page 3)

deeps07 IF-Dazzler
deeps07
deeps07

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

megyyyyyyyyyyyy my shakespear....
i loooooooooooooooooooved da poem Day Dreaming Day Dreaming dat ws absolutely awesomelicious Clap Clap deeps is rite dis one indeed da best new year gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw ur not writin da same TL story here na?!??!LOL i got bit confused dats yLOL but even if u write da same story, i'm sure it'l be thousand times better than our actual soap LOL LOL

lots of love.....
absolutely nadz.....Thumbs Up.....it is thousand times better than the soap itself...Big smileStar....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IndigoBluesCurlylocks

LavenderCrystal Goldie
LavenderCrystal
LavenderCrystal

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
add me please

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IndigoBlues

DIYA- Goldie
DIYA-
DIYA-

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:18am | IP Logged
VERY NYC....U R BORN WRITER....

IndigoBlues

mishti_17 IF-Stunnerz
mishti_17
mishti_17

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Add me to the list as well.. And u dont knoww how happy I am that u like TaAnu.Blushing Loved the poem n the introductionDay Dreaming Meeting in last year of college.. Tht looks so very interesting..BlushingDay Dreaming Thanks a lot MegHug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

deeps07IndigoBlues

SunShine_A IF-Stunnerz
SunShine_A
SunShine_A

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 6:58am | IP Logged
res

IndigoBlues

IndigoBlues IF-Rockerz
IndigoBlues
IndigoBlues

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

-2-

Anurag could not see, or feel anything.  He blindly reached his hands out, but all he felt was nothingness. He had the vague notion of being trapped. He was about to scream when his vision cleared, though it was blurred. There was blue all around, dark blue. It was raining-he could hear the pitter-patter of raindrops, probably coming from the ceiling-he could make out the ceiling too, covered with cobwebs. A musty smell emanated from the room. For the first time in many years he felt frightened. He wanted to say something, but only a whimper came out. A soothing voice in his mind told him to be good and stay quiet. He did not like the sound of that voice, but he obeyed it.

Someone is arguing.

'How dare you shift him from one asylum to another without telling me?' argued a female voice, sweet, but sounding furious and deadly at the moment.

'Madam, asylum is asylum only. What difference does it make?' said a mild, pacifying voice.

'Yeah, it's not like he's going to recover if you change the asylums,' sniggered another.

He could hear the sound of someone being slapped hard. He immediately curled up. He tried to block out the voices from his mind. They hurt his head. The silence was better than this argument.

'My husband is a genius, do you understand?' said the first voice. 'I hope you know who I am.'

'Taani Bannerjee," the sniggering voice snorted. 'We all know you honey. But the point is your fame and money aren't gonna make your husband alright, mark my words.'

He recognized the first voice…he felt an odd sort of familiarity with it.

'I can very well sue you, if you dare lay a hand on him..know what I mean?' the voice said, again sweet with an edge of venomous danger to him. He shuddered. The voice was scary.

'Yes madam,' replied back the sniggering voice, again unable to control his sarcasm. But he was scared too-Anurag could make out the fear underlying his answer.

'Good,' the voice said, and there were noises of footsteps in the direction away from the one he was facing.

He was confused now. He wanted his Mishti back. It had been just a simple demand. Instead they were arguing over someone. He tried to get up, and then groaned. There was a mind-numbing ache in his legs. He looked and saw the numerous red welts covering them, and screamed.

Taani stopped, her heartbeat rising and yet coming to a halt.

And as he realized the intensity of the injuries inflicted upon him, the sensation of nothingness arrived to claim him again…

-3-

Dear Diary

Um, I don't know what to say. I've never really kept a diary before. This is my first entry in this book. It's just something I found in the market, while I was lazing around bored the day after Anu left. I mean Anu's leaving for boarding school kind of cursed me with eternal boredom. I had no one to share my feelings with, to rag when I was feeling particularly careless, to laugh with on stupid jokes, and most importantly to eat kulfi with. I agree he was always a big hogger, but that doesn't mean I minded his appetite. I loved everything about him. He was my best friend. Then he went away to boarding school and forgot me. My best friend Kiran says that that's the way life is. But her ideas are too melancholy for me. I feel really angry at times. He phones his house once a month and we have a chat, but that feeling of aloofness is always there.

I'm twenty-one now, hurray. It's twelve 'o' clock in the night and I'm perfectly capable of sneaking out to the disco and partying. My friends promised to aid me in my escape and accompany me over there. But I don't want to. Anu's forgetting me is a reminder that no one really cares. So instead of being a wild child, I'm sitting on my bed, writing in my diary.

I wish Papa was here. Mom always takes Anu's side. Says that he has a life different from the one he left behind in Kolkatta. Fine, I really don't care. I just hope he doesn't dare to show me his sorry face once he comes back and tell me he wants to be friends again.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the last year of college. After I'm done obtaining my degree, it's straight to the performance hall. I've realized that despite all the disappointments I've faced in my life-not being able to stop Papa from dying, not being able to stop Anu from forgetting me-my music is my biggest power-my biggest love. And I plan to fully utilize it.

Love,

Taani.

-4-

Anurag Ganguly stared out the window of the train as it rolled by the hills. The hills, he sure would miss them. And the school, with its sprawling playing grounds, and all the friends he had made there. Damn, if only Papa's health hadn't worsened. He was supposed to leave for an MBA the moment college got over, and then he would land up in formals and a pair of spectacles, poring over some files. The choice of career suited him though. He had never liked being Mr. Popular or a party animal.  But he had made many friends with his easy-going demeanour, and he wondered what would become of them. He only hoped they would fare well, for his future looked bleak at the moment, what with one year of solid timepass. He didn't understand. His IQ was higher than that of your average student-and yet he was supposed to be behaving like a normal-college goer.

Anurag had never liked being a genius.

He only wondered whether Taani still remembered him. My, wouldn't she get a shock when she saw him! He wasn't her Motu anymore, he thought proudly. Anurag was not only justified in his thinking, but also making an understatement. From a fat boy he had become a lean, handsome young man, who preffered formals to casuals, and had also developed a slightly weak eyesight though his mother always pushed him to eat carrots.

And he wasn't anymore excited for this last year of college business as Taani was.  

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

DIYA-Elizabeth Darcydeeps07isomersTani91-Maha-mishti_17Soaps1

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Meg...sorry coudlt reply earlier...AMAZING job so far honHug

Anu a genuius?? nice angle to the story...cant wait to read moreEmbarrassed

IndigoBlues

Elizabeth Darcy IF-Dazzler
Elizabeth Darcy
Elizabeth Darcy

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Wait...so is Onu getting transferred to Taani's college in his final year or something? That's what it looks like to me...and sigh...Onu in specs... Big smileBig smileBig smile I hope he hasn't told her yet, that would be a fabulous surprise!

IndigoBlues

Go to top