Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: babloo_mka

Well getting back to this topic I earlier posted that the actors I hadn't at that time heard being mentioned were Akshay Khanna and Urmila.

Akshay's movies we all should know about and he's done it all and excelled.  I do agree Urmila hasn't really done much out and out comedies but she has flared her comic timing in some movies.  She was good in Kunwara with Govinda, Khoobsurat with Sanjay Dutt and also Daud with Sanjay Dutt. 

I still remember Daud where Sanjay's calling Urmila Gauri Shankar and Urmila calls Sanjay Uma Parvati to throw the villager Chako off and that was funny.  She can be funny if the script demands it like in the Gauri Shankar and Uma Parvati scenes from Daud but it's a shame she didn't get many all out comedies to do.

After going through this topic, I feel that the actresses have not done as many genres as the actors. I knew they were way less in the "action" department but now I see that really none of them had the opportunity to branch out and excel in a new genre. Honestly it makes me really sad because there are actresses (believe it or not) who can go to great lengths to try something new. I never see Urmila anymore but she definitely has the acting chops! At least she's tried a hand in the comedy genre😊
preity*zinta thumbnail
I just don't think its fair to pick on certain members cause they think something that you don't think is right. Just let them be! Deleted a few posts before things escalated any further.

Anywho coming back to the topic .. I think Salman Khan is an all around actor .. I dunno if I would say he excels at everything he does but he used too do a whole variety of things.
wow some people are now attacking members and calling their opinion for a joke and making fun of their thinking just to show their own favorite as good and the other actress as bad.

Whats the need to bash members like this and make fun of them. Dont attack the members, let all the discussion be about the celebs. Its simply rude and mean to take a discussion to such a level where one trash a member.

we all are human and we all have same rights just because we a katrina fan or just because we keep screeming "saifuuuuuu" "saifeena" its not going to change anyones rights, and its not going to make anyone more clever and the other stupid.

So could we just respect each others opinion and if we dont agree with a member then say it in a way with out calling a members opinion for a joke or anything like that.

Back to this topic I think aamir is good in many genres, but the actor who has impressed me from the new generation is ranbir I think he can do all genres, action is still left to show us but lets see if he can do that or not.

About actresses there is no one who can do all genres good.

Some named kareena and priyanka in this topic. I think kareena is good in comedy and silent roles like omkara but she cant do action and is her role in fida called a good negative role? I completly disagree with that if you want a good negative role then watch Priyanka in aitraaz, even yakeen and I am sure she would be good in saat khoon maaf too where she has a negative role. priyanka is good in negative role, but some here said she is good in comedy etc.. I dont agree. She cant do comedy movies,and she hasnt a good comic timing and also she cant do romantic roles. She is ok in Drama. And please dont say she was good in action, I just saw don again for some days ago. That scene where she and srk is figthing is so bad and looks false that it actually made me laugh so loud. Priyanks is the best in negative roles for sure but she cant do comedy, romantic or action.
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow crystal hats off for u to write so much..
i luvd PC in yakeen wow she was damn good now waiting for saat khoon maaf

i would like to see kat is this kind of role..

Edited by Sallufanno1 - 13 years ago
😊 Props to you Crystal!  Thanks for stressing the importance of not bashing.  On a sidenote, I mentioned earlier that most actresses cannot be 100% in all genres because of comedies.  Have comedies given actresses a chance to showcase their talent in the last decade?  Very few.  David Dhawan comedies are male-oriented.  Even if the females are there (Karisma Kapoor is an example), they just display their skin show and appear as eye-candy for the audience.  Have Priyanka, Kareena, Aish, Sushmita, and most other actresses been given the chance to display their comedic talents?  I think the opportunities they have received is very limited.  Kareena coming in a comedic role for Golmaal 3 was very rare.  Same goes for Aish in Action Replayy.  She has not been given a chance to showcase her comedic abilities.  I found her really good in the movie despite the story being lame and unoriginal.  And I know most actresses haven't done action, but watch Aish in Jodhaa Akbar (in her sword-fighting scenes).  She really excelled there.  And Last Legion (I know it is not a Bollywood film), but her role required action and she did a good job.

😊
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edit: Scratch Juhi Chawla. She's never really done a negative role (that I know of).

Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.
Edited by chatpati900 - 13 years ago
sorry to pinpoint out - but an opinion can't be correct or incorrect...only illogical, subjective, absurd, baseless....
An opinion only worths what it worths... ..no scientific value...so mocking at it is unproductive...disagree with it is fine but mocking or making it sound dumb..it may sound quite offensive for people who only express themselves.....

Again...some make their faves look like they're the best...nothing wrong with that...but making it look like other people's choices are lame ....well....it doesn't serve the topic.

At least if you choose your fave, focus on the critical acclaim, the popularity or the BO..or three of those parameters...it's more logical & less biased.
No need to bash Kat or PC or other actors.
Ans yes enjoying an actor's acting is highly subjective....But a brilliant actor gets some recognition in his/her work even underrated.

I have to say I don't like how Salman delivers his dialogues but that doesn't mean I think he can't act or that he doesn't do various roles...which he does --- !

I think Ajay & Emraan are great in most of genres...
The same goes for SRK, Kajol, Juhi or Madhuri....I said most of genres...
Saif & Kareena did various roles in which they were very good too.
I don't think there's anything like an actor who did succeed in all various roles!!! Unless you're Sean Connery  or Tom Cruise which not everyone is...
Edited by lalixlili - 13 years ago
Miss.Colorfull thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
salman,hrithik,ranbir  and srk for me. akshay use to but nowdays he is just doing too many comedy movies that it's boring to watch him doing same thing over n over again  Edited by Miss.Colorfull - 13 years ago
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That's an interesting question. I'd actually have to think about it because I can't think of any Bollywood actor/actress that in my opinion has excelled in all genres.

For actor(s) I guess my pick would be a toss between Nana Patekar/Naseerudhin Shah. I think Shreyesh Talpade has the potential to excel in all genres (but so far I don't think he's gotten there yet)

I can't think of any actress, mostly because I personally haven't been blown away at their comedic/villanous roles.

- Soni
I think Ranbir has been convincing so far!!! His acting is subtle and gets to the heart of the characters he plays. He has maturity & smartness to pull off  a wide range of challenging characters.
As for A. Khanna...am going to break some hearts..
But in Race - he was ridiculous & laughable most of the times...
And DCH, he wa a bit too pathetic...the constant platonic forbidden love for a drunk mature woman was becoming highly annoying at some point and his everlasting pitiful expression was a bit too much at times...
He can act that's for sure.

As for Aish -- I do agree --- the sword scene is JA is what I liked the most with the mirror scene! And in "the last legion" she did some bold stunts - so she tried some action sequences.