India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta, why deny Baaji & self the Sun of friendship

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

One of the greatest pleasures in life is a comfortable silence between friends. All of you will relate to what I mean. Just imagine having a quiet drink at a table with an old friend, and both of them feeling, absolutely, no need to engage in idle prattle because there is a fine understanding that nothing needs to be said. One, merely, sits and basks in the light of each other's company. Such was the level of understanding and silent communication between Dutta and Baaji. Why did it need to come to the point that Baaji had to grasp his friend/brother, almost his second self hand to try and get to Dutta's heart?

Dutta singing to express his anguish for the love that he sees as betrayal was cinematic, nothing more, nothing less. We could have done without that except that it provided another opportunity for yet another face-off between Nakusha and Kala. But Baaji first stringing a few lines of the iconic "Yeh Dosti hum nahin thodeigein" from Sholay was heart wrenching and broke our hearts yesterday. If not an explosive episode, it has at least set the scene for two friends to come clear about their personal recriminations for each other. Baaji reminding Dutta of the days when sharing one roti during a whole day at work reminded me of Cicero's words on the importance of friends in one's life:

"They seem to take away the sun from the world who withdraw friendship from life; for we have received nothing better from the Immortal Gods, nothing more delightful."?

It is also a valuable lesson for Baaji and every other friend who ever finds him/herself in such a situation that whatever the degree of closeness between two buddies, one should never interfere, directly or indirectly in matters of heart between a man and woman. Baaji regrets his decision of deflecting Nakusha's decision to reveal her truth to Dutta by changing the course of gravity for a mere flower symbolical of a pledge in front of the Gods and played havoc with the destiny of the one person he cares for most in this world.

And it came to the point that Dutta in his quest to self-harm and hurt all other individuals who he perceives as being in tandem with Nakusha has asked his friend to give the ultimate test. That is to prove his friendship. He knows deep down that his friend will not let him down but he has gone so far down the lanes of personal despair that he just does not realise the impact of such a request. Could it be that he has become so unthinking that like the vain man who can claim to have a thousand friends and yet knows not who to turn to when in dire straits, he just emptied all the bullets from his revolver barring one to demand a test of loyalty/friednship. Or could it be that, Dutta was so blinded by his love/sense of betrayal for Nakusha,that he may have let his resentment for his only friend grow out of jealousy in the face of Baaji's choice to side with Nakusha. This element will have to be developed further as Dutta's anger, however much it is justified, may not have realised that he is also jealous of the perceived influence Nakusha has over his friend and other members of his family. Or it could be that he knows that Sudarshan cannot be relied upon completely and is seeking confirmation for a thought that must have crossed his mind seeing the latter goad his friend so mercilessly? I, sincerely, wish that this were the case.

Unlike many on the forum today, I will not raise chappals on Dutta as he has his own hell to contend with and I am happy that Baaji has at least taken the first steps towards healing the rift between him and his childhood buddy. The turn of events in LTL are bound to turn nasty with Chaskar becoming a pawn in Kala's game plan. Sudarshan is bound to make mistakes and he committed a serious one today and that will hopefully dent Kala's scheming to a certain extent. Silence is golden and as Solomon said "The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; the one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin". Sudz should have been taught that. He has, in this one instance, managed to bring Dutta closer to Baaji, more than what Baaji would have hoped to achieve when he first forced his friend for this tete-a-tete.

Tomorrow is another day and Dutta and Baaji, the two friends will hopefully descend to meet, one from the heights of ignorance and obstinacy, and the other from despair and foolishness (for one wrong decision) and spread the warmth of friendship. Dutta will surely realise that "we walk alone in the world. Friends such as we desire are dreams and fables. But a sublime hope cheers ever the faithful heart, that elsewhere in other regions of the universal power souls are now acting, enduring, and daring, which can love us, and which we can love." Emerson.

Would welcome your comments.Smile

PS: Apologies for any confusion but I started this thread with the title DuJi: 2 Souls, enduring and daring to love selflessly and had second thoughts about hence the amended title.  

Edited by KavitaDR - 30 December 2010 at 9:55am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10augustvahgarnotsorryFishfishltl_fansuhana19-Carrie-meghapartiAnu-Reddy

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Awesome post as usual,Kavita.Totally loved all your quotes here & on Shipita's thread.Thumbs Up

These are two luckiest men on earth to have each other as friends.Star Both complement each other so superbly I have no words to describe their dynamics.

As for D putting Baji through such a deadly test its is not out of any emotion other than deep trust & love for him. He wanted to hit Suds yesterday for saying all that stuff I'm pretty certain but couldn't for the sake of his blood ties.But he wanted to show him his place & perhaps shut him up forever.It was not the first time Suds openly questioned Baji's capabilities & loyalties.So what better way to teach some lessons to Suds than a game of life & death.You noticed his expressions that fool was ready to wet his pants.He isn't likely to forget this lesson & humiliation anytime soon.

D would never risk the life of a loved one.Even in business matters he has always protected Baji & put himself on the frontline first. In all the dangerous assignments undertaken so far D has gone out alone & asked Baji to take care of the family though both know the risks of their profession.Its his way of looking out for his family of which Baaji is an integral part.
Hope they kiss & make up soon. The process has begun already abd will soon see its rightful end.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasalinotsorryFishfishAnu-Reddy

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
@zubyDutta

Dear Zuby,

Yes, these two are definitely the luckiest men on earth to have each other as friends. We needed our own TV-waley Jai and Veeru and we have been served in LTL. As to the deadly test, i have no doubt about Dutta's integrity when it come to his feelings for Baaji and as you rightly point out, it is to put Sudz in his place that he challenged both of them. It was, actually, very smart of him as we all know who is going to come up trumps tomorrow. The expressions on Sudz' face said it all.

I do end my thread with the hope that tomorrow will be the start of the healing process between Dutta and Baaji. Actually, tomorrow, or today rather will see a new turn in our once happy larks very soon...I am now waiting for the day when Baaji will be re-invested with all the responsibilties that he once shouldered in Dutta's life. Hopefully, it is not going to be too long. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorry-Carrie-

suhana19 IF-Rockerz
suhana19
suhana19

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Hey KavitaHugAwesome post like usualThumbs Up....Beautifully written yaar ...u understand the depth of the characters so well Clap
Duji where do i even began ....i loved yesterday"s Duji scene ..they rocked it ...even though there was a silence btw them ...the song said it all ...Thanx to Cvs for picking this song ...I was really emotional watching them ....And Today i loved how baaji poured his heart out to dutta ,which he was holding back for so long ....They have come so far together in life ...went through a rollercoaster ride ...They were there for each other through thick and thin Big smile...i just can"t wait for the reunion tomorrow ...keeping my fingers cross .....Duji rocks the show .....Thumbs Up" i don"t know whatever i have written makes sense or not ,,,,lol
"embrassed muh"Embarrassed
Thanx yaar ...Love and hugs suhanaHug
i wanna add a song for duji ....sorry yaar couldn"t hold myself i love this song

Yeh Dosti Tere Dam Se Hai 
Ha Yeh Dosti Tere Dam Se Hai
Tu Zindagi  Kasam Se Hai
Saari Khushi Tere Dam Se Hai 
Tu Zindagi  Kasam Se Hai

KavitaDRSanely_Insane

notsorry Senior Member
notsorry
notsorry

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
@KavitaDR - It is with great pleasure to see someone writing a thread on Baaji.  His character seemed lost until this week.  Although not as consistent as I personally would like to see, I am still glad to see that LTL CV's continue to amaze the LTL audience in remembering what the initial LTL storyline was and should be as seen in yesterday's and today's episode with D and B soulful display of emotions, one pouring his heart out openly and the other by his silent display of emotions.  The mutual desire for companionship as seen when D does not hesitate in the least as Baaji holds his hand, sits at the bar takes the drink and toast to the friendship.  I see the failing friendship was based on D trust in Baaji, the same trust he expected from N.  So let's see what happens from tomorrow, I expect this trust will be slowing in returning.  Kavita, thank you for the wonderful post you have done on this beautiful meaningful friendship with emphasis on Baaji.

Edited by nizam13 - 29 December 2010 at 9:20pm

KavitaDR-Carrie-

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
The whole highlight of yesterday's episode was Duji Scene....they are friends, they connect into some other level, the words that Baji uttered were not for Dutta to know for he knows them already, he is also not required to be reminded as he must be missing Baji more than ever .....but then Dutta had to hear it, hear it to break the wall which has come up, the words Baji spoke were all known to him....

I simply loved the scene...MR wonderful expression of eyes and Vinay's heartbreaking performance  Clap

KavitaDR-Carrie-

shruti10august Senior Member
shruti10august
shruti10august

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:02am | IP Logged
I won't say much as u said it all kavita. Just wanna say HATS OFF.

Very gud portrayal of friendship, friendship wich does not need words to express itself.

KavitaDR-Carrie-

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 5:47am | IP Logged
@shruti10august
I won't say much as u said it all kavita. Just wanna say HATS OFF.

Very gud portrayal of friendship, friendship wich does not need words to express itself

Thank you Shruti,

As you say, friendship is such that it needs very few words to express itself. It is important somehow to remind oneslf and the world that whilst the dynamics when it comes to love may change, genuine, timeless friendship hardly does. It becomes deeper and becomes that part of our subconscious that we just need to tap into to remember the niceties of life.

Take careSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shruti10august

Go to top