India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

what would you do? (Page 3)

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
The Modi's don't really understand the relationships of Aham & Gopi, Jigar & Rashi, if they did understand the other two relationships were going nowhere they welcome the new baby as the other two couples are not going to give them any grandchildren. 

That said, if i was a mom, when i am a mom, and my daughter did this, ask my daughter why she didn't follow my teachings on abstinence and why wasn't any safety taken/contraception. I would also ask her whether she has told the father of the child and what he is saying about the matter, if he and his family will come to speak to us. I would then arrange with the the boy and his family the date for wedding. 

If it was a case like Kinjal where the boy after leading on my daughter that he will wed her and turns around to say it was a revenge on my family's son. I would sue for breach of promise, her reputation is already ruined, everyone is already talking (no-one with any sense will marry her), i might as well have the dispute resolved in court, if the court doesn't serve me justice, i will use vigilante (kidnap the boy and have him knocked around to see sense) justice.

br2499 Goldie
br2499
br2499

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
I do not have a child. So my answer is at best hypothetical. I think after taking a couple of days to let off the disappointment and guilt, I will try to support my daughter. I will atleast use this as a chance to help her realise her mistakes and  be a better person. In all this, the baby is the innocent. It is connected to me whether I wanted it or not. So I will try to be a better family for the baby.  Society has a short term memory. It will jump to the next scandal as soon as one comes up. I dont think I will encourage my daughter to get married to a guy just because he got her pregnant. She is still young and she needs to grow up. may be this gives her a chance to see who can be trusted and who cant be.  
If you love somebody can you suddenly unlove them for their mistakes? Then you did not love them to begin with. As long as you love somebody, you will be prepared to give them a second chance if they are serious about it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simran15

rosepaul2110 Groupbie
rosepaul2110
rosepaul2110

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
ilesh ka ya umang ka....bacha gira deti ...or Id have taken her to another doctor.....
smithasrk IF-Dazzler
smithasrk
smithasrk

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
My daughter is only 3 years old.
Even then thinking about such a situation is horrible

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Uzma005-tellyaddict-

crms Senior Member
crms
crms

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:50pm | IP Logged

As a parent I should support the child, not the mistake.  To err is human and to forgive is divine. 

Going ahead with the pregnancy is not an ideal/practical  solution.  It is inviting more problems.  MTP is best and as a parent should be able to convince the child. The child has already erred.   I will  help the child in starting life afresh. 

Tough and thought-provoking question.  Easy to answer, but may be very tough to face in reality.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smithasrk

simran15 IF-Dazzler
simran15
simran15

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:28am | IP Logged
hmmm....... tough question n scary too, atleast in India illegitimate pregnancy is still a stigma,but will reason with the daughter to have a abortion, if she refuses it, will support her all the way because without our support she's more vulnerable n under threat from the society.
I don't think I will impose the daughter on the man who was irresponsible either,unless he comes along on hiswill, with good family support the child can grow n become a good n strong individual with positive attitudes.The society will move on n single mothers are able to cope well with the support of their family in India n elsewhere in western countries even the govt supports them ,I feel its wrong to abandon a life for the name of reputation n society.
saina01 Goldie
saina01
saina01

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 3:10am | IP Logged
It's a very hard question indeed.. Since I don't have any children yet it's hard to say what I would do.. But if I did what kinjal has done my brothers would definitely kill me and if my mom did manage to save me from them she would be very upset with me as well.. My mom may forgive me in the long run but my brothers and my dad would never want to see my face ever again..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index