Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

And that's Dutta-Baaji!!!

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Dear LTLians,

Yesterday Baaji's song broke many hearts in the forum....i on the other hand found it lacking...

You'll ask me why? i have always loved the jai-veeru friendship of our beloved duji...but i like them talking to each other sharing thoughts,ideas, problems.The scenes where there is a poignancy of brotherhood.
Some of the most remarkable moments fotr me were:
The post-chopper crash  hug...the pre-SR hug..
The scene where baaji teases dutta for sups..where baaji teases dutta for seema.
The scene where baaji takes dutta to his first assassination assignment and later joins him with his tamancha in his killing spree...
The old adda scene..the watch scene...oh there are many...they are innumerable to count....
The rapport these two men share on screen is more like elder brother- younger brother than friends....
A song is not enough to depict its depth....neither are expressions no matter how beautifully executed...the fact that both VR and MR are awesome with their eyes and facial expressions is true..they are trully gifted actors...but I need the words too..

The scene today....right from the moment baaji held dutta's hand...right till he sarcastically asked suds with his eyes, if he would like to go first with the gun....that was duji....dutta his cool composed self, unmoving, outwardly unfeeling, but he eyes speaking a million words...baaji laying his heart out, his eyes pleading his only anchor in world to trust him once more....that was duji...

And i loved the cutting comebacks baaji had, in face of the jaw showing, bandar,sudarshan bhau...
"Ye dhande ki baat hum gandhe loggo pe chod do!" wah....Anil sir aapke hath choom lo. kya baat hai!

Aisi ghatiya tarah ki..mawali baat hi to duji karenge jab dhande ki baat ho...mumbai ki street talk yahi hai....rhyming taunts..."sumri mein leja ke thumri dekhau kya?" type ki bhasha...the original touch of those characters...i felt that it was lost somewhere...today when i saw a glimpse of it....i was so overjoyed...

Of course....Dutta pe ungli uthne waali hongi aaj forum pe..afterall the pompous jackass(gadha) asked for a test again...but guyz..that's Dutta...i believe..its not a test for baaji..it was a test for suds...he wanted to show suds that why baaji ke haazar khoon maaf? when suds was saying"ke bhau gaddar, dhokebaaz, darpok loggo se dosti nahi manata." the expression on dutta's face was like "my dear BIL, let me show you how your bhau makes out who is gaddar,dhokebaaz aur darpok. then you'll understand how bhau selects his friends."

when he said,"Bakwaas kar rahe ho tum dono" his voice was so calm..he didn't sound drunk or out of sorts at all...just the calm, coldblooded man who can kill with bare hands and yet embrass his friend and love with the same. he sounded like the voice of reason.

His way of testing kind of reminded me of jatak tale where king asks the two fighting women to have a tug of war, with the baby they were fighting for , being pulled in place of the rope..A test of love that only the true mother could pass. The king knew who was the real mother but he just wanted to show to the world what real mother could in her love, even go to the lenght of giving up her baby for its wellbeing.

Similarly, Dutta knows baaji's worth. His bravery, loyalty was never in question for him, it was the fact that his friend failed to trust him at a crucial point of his life. That rankles dutta. This test is to prove to all, what Baaji can do for him in a heartbeat. This test is not to prove baaji's loyalty to Dutta...its to show the likes of Suds that one Baajirao Patil is worth a thousand Sudarshan like him...Brother-in-law or not...he will never be able to replace dutta's brother-in-deeds.

So tell me how can a song say all this? Its not enough...No...Its not enough..
Words and action....And that's Dutta-baaji!!!

Yours Sincerely,
A hopeless Duji addict.

The following 41 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasaliFatima82komal_w25rayjstlizdarcyshruti10augustmahalaxmiknightoffullmoonLaTuLasikkaishaKavitaDRsasha_1Hessa85prettywomanshally_mAbhiAnimnx12Yuvika_15Fishfishkiran255mariescott14divy609left_foreverltl_fanrama_2010Jyoe-Carrie-triasha-bharti-prnczNainaSengalrpmenonSophia21suhana19meghapartiImmaculateDreamSuhaniSoniaAnu-Reddy--Sia--khushixAreYaar

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:52am | IP Logged
OH shilpi
I Think u ahve given all the answers 
 i totally agree Its not Dutta who want to know 
whats Baaji is for him and can do for him 
ITs for others to know 
what is BAAji worth is !

though i know the song is not enough but i am happy 
thats Cvs bring back  Duji these days we were having a less of DUJi  !

Its its just not Tasha its equally DUJI for me to be addicted to LTL !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rayjstWanderbug

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kiran255

OH shilpi
I Think u ahve given all the answers 
 i totally agree Its not Dutta who want to know 
whats Baaji is for him and can do for him 
ITs for others to know 
what is BAAji worth is !

though i know the song is not enough but i am happy 
thats Cvs bring back  Duji these days we were having a less of DUJi  !

Its its just not Tasha its equally DUJI for me to be addicted to LTL !

thanks kiran.....we will get more of both in 2011.... tasha and duji....i can almost feel that its CVs new year resolution.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82AbhiAnirama_2010kiran255

droopy_asleep Goldie
droopy_asleep
droopy_asleep

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Spot on Girl :)
The USP of that relationship is their conversation, their heart to heart talks and understand what each other is feeling without the need to express explicitly - as was shown in that purana adda scene. I also sense that this is the beginning of their coming back together, because to me, as Baaji was sort of responsible for Naku not telling Dutta, he must also help Dutta win her back, because Dutta is not the kind of man who knows how to "woo" a woman, Baaji does, and unless that relationship mends itself, Tasha cannot reunite.
I will just disagree with you on the song point of it, as I do feel it was apt and almost served as the trigger for this conversation. It made emotional enough to want to approach Dutta, which he has not been able to do thus far.
As for the Sadu Sud - he will meet his downfall soon, beginning with this test of loyalty....
Awesome post!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima82lizdarcyLaTuLaAbhiAniWanderbugltl_fan-bharti-

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
@ Shilpi   OH i just wish that with my all heart !
LTL creatives now know u didnt need masalas for trp 
pure ideas of love and friendship can win over any kind of audience 
i used to like modern dramas but now its just LTL for me !

Edited by kiran255 - 29 December 2010 at 12:15pm

AbhiAniWanderbug

Yuvika_15 Viewbie
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
lovely post shilpita
but i feel baji's song yday was also a way of expressing their friendship, it symbolised the fact tht they wer meant 2 always b there for one another bt today 1 has walked ahead leaving the other behind...separating their raastey, which is the case, dutta has made it clear tht baji shud stay out of his life and business, i.e. tld him 2 choose another raasta for himself... so ydays song was kinda symbolising tht n also sayin tht baji as he is wnt leave dutta no matter wt n wnt break the friendship either

yes they r mre like bros... bt thts hw jai-veeru friendship was...2 best buddies tht wer like bros..

i loved todays duji scene it was amazing...the best part was baji's brilliant reply 2 suds... i loved the dialogue--- "pehle baat, jaan ki baazi (pointed to himself) zubaan ki baazi (pointed to sudz) fark hai" mindblowing dialogue man... it said so much... he was taunting him tht i dnt say it i giv my life for dutta bt u jus talk abt giving up ur life...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiAniWanderbugltl_fan

Lifu18 Goldie
Lifu18
Lifu18

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
wish i could comment but havent been able to wach ltl properly cox of holidaying read the written updates of ltl tho btw love ur post n totally agree with u duji rocks
Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by droopy_asleep

Spot on Girl :)
The USP of that relationship is their conversation, their heart to heart talks and understand what each other is feeling without the need to express explicitly - as was shown in that purana adda scene. I also sense that this is the beginning of their coming back together, because to me, as Baaji was sort of responsible for Naku not telling Dutta, he must also help Dutta win her back, because Dutta is not the kind of man who knows how to "woo" a woman, Baaji does, and unless that relationship mends itself, Tasha cannot reunite.
I will just disagree with you on the song point of it, as I do feel it was apt and almost served as the trigger for this conversation. It made emotional enough to want to approach Dutta, which he has not been able to do thus far.
As for the Sadu Sud - he will meet his downfall soon, beginning with this test of loyalty....
Awesome post!

Thank you droopy. I am not denying the importance of the song one bit...but as i said  in my earlier post of today...i felt it was a starter of a full course meal...today we had the first course...maybe tomorrow the second course and soon enough we'll have the desert  of Duji reunion..
I loved the song selection yesterday and today too...but songs leave a lot to be desired..maybe because these songs were made for different characters,different situations..the originality of creatives seems missing..but such scenes....they are made for these characters and brought alive by the actors...they leave a lasting effect...hence my opinoin is the song was Good...but scenes like these are LTL gems..totally manufactured by them with no additional copyrights bought or rented as they do for the songs.Embarrassed

AbhiAniltl_fan

Go to top