Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
wow lovely updates.. rahul  is so sweet n caring.. cant wait for a more confident n changed geet.. maan needs to realize his mistake... do continue soon n do add me onto ur pm list..

Happy New Year..
mirnalini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
So guys, hold your breaths,
cuz here's the 7th part !!!!

Part 7:

They reached Rahul's guest house, the one he had rented a studio apartment in while he was still in India. Geet had refused to accompany him, "I've to stop seeking help", she had said. But Rahul would not take no for an answer. She had even insisted on paying her hospital bill herself. She had some money saved up from her job and would on no account let Rahul pay her bill. Her account was almost empty now, but she did not care, as long as she took her own responsibility. She was tired of having others help her out, tired of owing her existence to others. Cuz accepting help always came with a price, and that was indebtedness and low self esteem. It was a cost that she was not ready to pay any more. Though Rahul was her friend, and would think nothing of it, she would still not have it. So only when Rahul agreed to even share the rent of the studio with her did she acquiesce to come with him.

Rahul had asked Geet about what had happened at Khurana mansion and why did she not go through with the wedding. Though the memory brought back fresh pain. Though it killed her to even think about it, she told him everything that had happened. She wanted to be strong, and facing the truth would do that for her. She had to accept what had happened. only then could she move on. Her refusal to talk about it would symbolise weakness, and she didn't want to be weak. She wanted to roughen up. Be bold and strong.

Since they had talked about the past on their way home, neither of them brought it up once they reached the guest house. They were having dinner that Rahul had ordered. It was healthy and tasty home cooked food that the kind lady who ran the guest house had sent them. Geet still looked very sad. So to divert her mind from her woes he started telling her about himself.

"Won't you ask me what I'm doing here?", he said, raising his eyebrows at her.
"Oh yeah!", She had been so caught up in her own problems that she completely forgot to ask him about himself. "I'm so sorry! What are you doing in India? I mean, last time I heard you were in US, Boston, doing you engeneering."
"I'm just here for a few days, actually, there was an accident, my family was going to a wedding when their bus fell off a cliff. No one survived",  Rahul replied solemnly. "Oh my god!", Geet exclaimed. Uncle and Aunty were no more! Why, they were such sweet people. Her poor friend! Why was life so unfair?    "I am so sorry! I had absolutely no idea! My life has been such a mess lately that I had no clue about what has been happening in Hoshiarpur. Are you allright?", she asked, looking worriedly at her friend.
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's been over four months now. There were some passport problems so I couldn't come away immediately. I came here a month back. I've sold all the property that belonged to my family and am taking all the money back to US. I've no one left here now, and this country just reminds me of my loss, so what's the point of staying here. I'll permanently shift back."
"You're right. What's the point of staying here", Geet murmured. Her friend looked sad. So she decided to change the topic. "So how's engeneering been going. I mean MIT! That's like one of the best universities of the world. But then you were always so smart".

"So were you. Only if your backward family would let you apply. You would've gotten in hands down!", replied Rahul.

"So what are you going to do now? I mean, what next?", he asked her.
"Well, I've to look for a job as a start. I have a baby to support and not much money.", replied Geet

"But aren't you going to first complete your studies. I mean, you've only been through school. You need to go to college Geet!", argued Rahul.
"But I don't have the means for that Rahul. I mean, I'm pregnant, I need to earn money to support myself, if I study, how am I going to pay for my college fees and also provide for my sustenance?", Geet answered.

"Geet. I think you're forgetting something. You're not alone now. I'm here. And I have a lot of money now, I mean, my family property was worth over 10 crores. I'm sure that's enough to sustain us through our education, before we can start earning!"
"No Rahul. I mean it's very sweet of you to offer to help, but I'm not going to accept help from anyone now. Not even you"
Rahul had forseen this. And before he could argue back there was a knock on the door. "This discussion's not over. And you're going to have to comply. I am not going to leave for US without taking you along", he said, as he got up to open the door.

"Yes?", he asked. There was a girl and a guy at the door. "May I help you?", he did not recognise either one of them. "We are here to see Geet. Is she here?" the girl asked.
"yes she is. Plz come in.", and he let them in.

Geet looked up to see Meera and Dev enter the room. "What are you doing here.", she asked, looking pointedly at Dev. Meera was her friend, and was welcome, but Dev, how dare he come before her eyes!. What did these Khuranas think of themselves. That they could do whatever they wanted, barge into where ever they wanted. She was sick of them!

"I know Geet that I'm the last person you want to see right now, but trust me, I had no hand in whatever happened at your wedding. I don't even know what happened! But I'm sure that NT had something to do with it." he said.

"Geet. Dev is truly sorry for whatever he has done. Just plz listen to him once. Then he'll leave." begged Meera.
Were it not for Meera's pleading eyes, Geet would have never succumbed. But for the sake of her friend, she decided to give him one chance."Sit down." she said.

"I know that I can never undo what I've done. But I think it's only right that I return to you what is rightfully yours." and saying this he produced a cheque of 15 crores.
"This is the money that I had cheated you for. Plz don't refuse. It's your money. And it belongs to you."

"But where did you get so much money from? I mean, if you had it, you'd have never done what you did.?" Geet queried.
"Geet, Dev sold the shares he owned in Khurana Constructions to pay you back", Meera answered.

"Plz. Forgive me if you can. I'm going back to Canada. I cannot stay here any more since NT has destroyed everything for me here. I'll take your leave now. I've to be at the airport in half an hour to catch my flight. "
Since Geet didn't what to say to him, she just nodded.

Meera watched him go. She still loved him, but couldn't forgive him for what he had done. She did not go with him. She stayed back to talk to Geet.
"You guys catch up. I'll go and get you something to eat." And saying this Rahul left, giving the girls some privacy.

Geet knew that Meera would want to know what had happened, so she herself told her everything. Meera was shocked at Maan. But since she did not want to hurt Geet anymore, she decided not to pursue the subject. Geet's face reflected a finality. That she'd never ever forgive Maan for this. She'd never forget what he had done. So it was best that this topic was allowed to bury itself in its own grave. The way she had decided to end all her love for Dev, so had Geet for Maan. How long could they forgive and forget each thorn of pain that the men they loved cast at them. They had to take a strong decision, and this was it.

"So what do you plan to do now?", she asked Geet.
"I'm going to go to US with Rahul", she replied. And both women gave each other encouraging smiles, that held their hopes for a better future.

So guys, that was the 7th part.
Hope you enjoyedπŸ˜›

Will update soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😊

And yes, stay tuned for more, cuz the very gripping story of Geet's struggle to achieve success and independence in life, to become a woman of substance has just begun.

Edited by mirnalini - 12 years ago
swetha10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Happy New Year...😊

Lovely update.. Dev returning her money..thts nice.. very excited abt geet's struggle for independence.. do continue soon n thanx a lot for the pm...
rani-lucki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey it was brilliant but the bit where u sed,

Though Rahul was her friend, almost a brother, and would think nothing of it, she would still not have it.

please don't add a brotherly angle- more interesting when it's romantic

waiting for part 8! :-)
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
loved it
dev gave back her money
she's going to the us with rahul
cant wait to see the independent geet
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm

Ilovemsk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Omg actually literally awesome
Pl pm me x
mirnalini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Tighten your seat belts,

cuz Part 8's on the way!!!!!!!!!!

Part 8:

Meera also decided to go back to US with Geet and Rahul. The contract with the company that she had been working for as an ineterior designer had been terminated, and since she had no family either, she thought it best to go back to US with her friend. There was no point in staying in India.
She had become really good friends with Geet and was not ready to part from her, and since Geet was pregnant, she knew she'd need a woman's help.

Since Meera was still in touch with Yash, they contacted him to seek help regarding Geet's visa for US. Meera had a Green card, and Rahul had a student's visa, Geet was the only one with the problem. But this too was soon sorted as Meera and Yash's green cards quickened Geet's passport and visa procedures, and within a month they found themselves at the IGI (Indira Gandhi International) Airport, waiting for their flight.

They bought a house in Boston. Since that was where Rahul's college was and where Yash too lived. Geet, Rahul and Meera were all living in the same house, next door to Yash's. It made life easy. Not that Yash and his nephew and niece were easy to handle, but still, it was good to have friends closeby. It was actually very strange, that how several lonely people could come together and make a family for themselves. That's what they were, a family. They would everyday eat at Geet, Meera and Rahul's, cuz that's where the girls lived (you know how girls can cook better, well in this case atleast). They would hang out at each other's houses, sometimes at Yash's and sometimes at their's.
Both the houses were almost connected, and the very high frequency of visits made it seem like it was the same house!
Both the kids had grown very fond of their uncle's new friends, and would leave no opportunity to play their formidable pranks on Rahul and Yash, while Geet and Meera would laugh.
Yash would not stop flirting with Meera, and this became a daily routine for them.

Geet got into MIT for Bachelors in Architecture, and since she had already lost a year, she was working at double the normal pace regarding her studies. She was doing two years worth of studying in one year, while also working at a very reputed construction firm in Boston that had been established 50 years ago, its founder who was still alive, and whose children were running it now. Geet had a very low post there cuz she had no  qualification, but she did not mind it. She was doing it merely for the experience. She chose this line cuz she had had a lot of exposure to it while working with Maan and had really liked what it was all about.
 Meera mean while was working in the same company as a designer and was side by side pursuing an M.Tech in Civil Engeneering from MIT. She had also managed to get admission there.
Yash too worked at the same place in the Managing department while pusuing his MBA from MIT too. Rahul was the only one not working. He wanted to complete his studies in peace and was in his 3rd year of Mechanical Engeneering.
So, as an overview of their small so called "Family", they lived at the same house, worked at the same office, and went to the same college.

Geet's pregnancy was progressing at an alarming rate, and before they knew it, another member, a very tiny one at that, was added to their family as Geet gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. 'Roshni', they named her.
Everybody was very very happy at the arrival of this new cute litlle child. Geet initially took a month off from work and college, but eventually, everybody else took turns looking after little Roshni. Geet however stayed home as much as she could. The arrival for her daughter had wiped all the remnants of her grievances from her heart. She finally felt at peace. Her large eyes and her small cute little hands and feet were all she needed to be happy. And it wasn't just her. Everybody was very happy. They had all become more responsible and efficient. They all finished their work as quickly as possible so that they could come home and play with their little niece. Geet had not a moment to herself now, cuz everybody would hang around her room only. But she was very grateful to them for all the love they showered upon her daughter.

Life for now was going very well!!

So that was it!!

Hope you enjoyed!!πŸ˜›

And yes, stay tuned for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜‰

Edited by mirnalini - 12 years ago
Ilovemsk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome
Thx for da pm
Plz plz plz update living ure ff
Weirdly I want geet to confront maan and I want him to feel bad and guilty xx
Lovely update
Waiting xxx
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
loved it
happy meera went with them 
aww yash is their to
aww  geet gave birth to a girl called roshni
aww they are all so happy with their life
love how they all come back from work and straight away go to roshni
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm
JULIEL thumbnail
Awesome update!!! Thanks for the PM and looking forward to the next update especially an update on what MSK has been upto????