India-Forums

The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries

TVD concepts used in other shows-ur thoughts

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Some of you may have noticed that certain aspects n concepts of TVD are used in Star one's show Pyar Ki Ye Ek Kahaani most notable the track of Katherine having a past with Stefan/Damon n her look a like (Elena)  being the present of Stefan/Damon.
There are other aspects such as a warewolf track n all that are in that show also so i was wondering what your views are on aspects of VD being used in PKYEK and in other shows

Personally i like the use of VD concepts in PKYEK coz i love VD n getting to see some of it in a desi show with an indian touch is good. Much hasnt been revealed abt Abhay's past with Maithalli so it cud take a complete different route from VD as Maithalli doesnt seem like a b***h like Katherine is...its nice to have some parts of VD mixed with parts of Twilight and some original Balaji Telefilms stuff all in one

please remeber no bashing of other shows/characters/actors

Edited by shona. - 29 December 2010 at 10:46am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.Anjaani_DastaanFallen StarleeseunggilovespamalotBefikrerelentless.

Angel-Jot. Moderator
Angel-Jot.
Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BC Special Effects Supervisor

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:12am | IP Logged
^ =O I thought i was the only one that thought that! The same face thing! I don't watch PYEK much but i remember when that storyline started to shape up...TVD struck my mind but i wasn't sure if they used TVD in there.

So maybe it's original..it may be a coincidence because they haven't mentioned much about Abhay's past. 

-Jot.
relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Although i love PKYEK, it has its own charm, but i still feel Ekta shouldn't have directly copied the TVD concept, but lets see how it shapes up later. Nothing can come close to TVD at all. TVD is unique in its own place. :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.--Divzfan--

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:17am | IP Logged
@ Jot-u cud be right, it cud just be a coincidence but maybe they dont want to rush into that just yet..they hav other sidetracks n all...plus the mystery n suspense will mean increased trps as everyone will be curious abt that...

Edited by shona. - 29 December 2010 at 11:17am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:20am | IP Logged
@ Yamini- i totally agree that VD is a unique show and nothing can ever come close to it but maybe ekta wont copy it completely n will use some of it as inspiration/loose idea to build a track around

relentless.

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:33am | IP Logged
@shona  - I agree with you as well, Ekta needs to come up with her own ideas, that is only if she had some LOL, PKYEK has elements of Twilight in it as well Ermm but yeah there are some things in it which TVD/Twilight dont have, which are the bonds/relationships between all the characters :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

K.S.shona.

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 29 December 2010 at 11:38am | IP Logged
@Yamini- can u imagine wat the show would be like if it was an original ekta show with nothing from twilight or TVD...its be the first and only saas bahu vampire showLOL
but yes PKYEK does have some beautiful relationships between characters like the relationship between the dobriyal sisters n pia

relentless.

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shona.

@Yamini- can u imagine wat the show would be like if it was an original ekta show with nothing from twilight or TVD...its be the first and only saas bahu vampire showLOL
but yes PKYEK does have some beautiful relationships between characters like the relationship between the dobriyal sisters n pia

Omg! i know, if Ekta hadn't copied TVD/Twilight, how moronic the show would havebeen ROFL. Im so glad she chose TVD in a way, because its got a great concept. Yeah, Dobriyal sisters & Pia share a great relationship, simply love them all, just like Damon with Elena Wink

shona.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index