Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

2/1/11 Promos:Performances *Spoiler* (Page 7)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

ummm, every one is entitled to their own opinions? How immature are people that they can't deal with it without taking umbridge?

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However there is no harm in discussing them in a peaceful, polite way, is there? Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
 @ nikitagmc: Well, no point in arguing I guess, we have to agree to disagreeLOL I'll come back later, I'm a little busy actually. And no, I wasn't offended with your commentSmile

Another quick thing before leaving: Why I say Jhalak is sorta rigged this time is because I see certain things are going in favor of certain contestants. Like this whole 3 partner affair.

nikitagmc

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
@debayon: I'm happy you're not offended as well. I hope you'll come back and we can continue this debate. Healthy debate is always welcome. We do it a lot in Pavitra Rishta forum- this is how most of us became friends there.

Don't agree to disagree so soon. I have more points. LOL Just go through the previous ones as of now. I have addressed almost all of your concerns.

As for the rigging part is concerned, I won't be dishonest- it could be true, cos it has happened in the past too. But its too soon to come to the conclusion right now. But rigged or not rigged, we shouldn't be dismissive of the efforts being put in by the participants- whether it is Akhil or sushant
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
thx for all of the spoilers
SaffyFlower IF-Dazzler
SaffyFlower
SaffyFlower

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

[
Yeah, I know that he is not like KSGLOL

Well, my opinion is different, but I feel people will be offended by that. Oh well, I feel Sushant is able to focus on pitching in with the concept(which is awesome) is because he has already trained in dance, and not just any dance, jazz, which is like a subsect of commercial dancing, so you have that foundation of dance, you know what I mean? Sushant doesn't have to work as hard as say Shekar do get hold of the beat, rhythm etc and dance accordingly, plus, he has been gifted with a flexible body(otherwise why would he be dancing?LOL) Therefore, he can also come up with imaginative concepts which provide visual aesthetics to the audience. Sushant can basically be a choreographer if he wants, especially after the whole Mahabharata performance I saw.
[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,I have not written on this forum @all,but I was v taken aback by some of the criticism here.
First of all,this show is neither about professional dancers(not even sushant is a pro) nor about professional choreographers

But the focus of the choreo is to combine nritta as well as natya forms - whichever genre it be.So,the  concepts appreciated are the dance drama forms 

This is where Nishant-Anki r failing - Nishant is leveraging Anki's grace and beauty,but not using her for dramatics.She is a prof actress.Sushant and Rags scored 30 primarily bcoz they used their prof acting to the best use last week.

If 5 marks is for choreo,and 5 for the celebrity's aptitude and improvement in skill - then,mads,mal giving 9 to anki was correct - she gets the 5 ,nish the 4 - I cant believe nish put in a puppet show for 1 min - I mean,dance requisites organized movement and flow,stage coverage and expressions -puppet show was Thumbs Down Remo must have given nish 4 as well.Remo cut 1 more pt coz -
Anki shud have done a full back bend in one of the stepsOuchbut she did a half back bend -either she cud'nt do a full oneShockedor nish dint put it inAngry - for a fairly gud dancer,full back bend,splits etc.r expected normally - Remo noticed it,am sure.She did not come up v well either from the 1/2 bbDead
Her 26 seemed correct

Coming to Sushant-Shampa - the concept is not new,coz shobhana,PS,CV,M,Anu etc.have done Karan's story quite often - but it was well executed by SS for 21/2 min even without a prev classical bent of mind,the narrative was strong -biggest plus-
Sushant's expressions were fab,the dramaticism was v pro.Surprisingly,his thighs in V pose was superb ! Usually non-classical dancers tend to unconsciously move on their toes,to get the full V -he remained on his heels.Means,his CoG was on his navel,perfectEmbarrassedHis Mudras were bang on,I was so happyDancing
He had the ghambir gait,his chest was open correctly,shoulder shakes were masculine,his lines were good,his elbows bent correctly and high enuf. He made 2 mistakes,IMHOEmbarrassedhis backfoot lift was not correct,but Shampa's was perfect.Also,he did only half sit-ups,not full sit-ups,while SHampa did the full ones  - but that one is tough for a guy of his size,also it was a fwd moving sit up,requires regular practice to come up with balanced grace when moving fwd - so,I am sure Madz must have noticed it,but as he is not a pro classical dancer,she gave him 10 still - well deserved.

My standing ovation to Shampa the most though - as a woman,she did the masculine role near perfectClapClapI mean,so much appreciation for Krushna doing a female role,but so lil appreciation for SHampa doing the masculine,felt bad for herConfused

Anyway her leg lifts,V pose,Mudras,the walking was terrific,Indra sly expressions v good. Also,her sword fight wasThumbs UpDespite being a foot lower than him,her shoulders were firm and her arm strength superbClapHer expressions lacked variety and charm,unfortunately.Also her leap was not good during the sword fight,while Sushi's leap was v good.But as he did a frontal leap,it was easier on him while she was doing a reverse leap,more tuf.The steps in the choreo were v professional,a good round of applause for Tushar tooClap
Overall,their's was the best art form representation

Salman-Yana,in my honest opinion,did not deserve the 30.
@Bonne - Kalaripattu is a part of the Natyashastra forms dear,PS incorporates it.We used to start our classes doing suryanamaskar with KalariEmbarrassed
Yana's sword fight wasDeadAnd her eyes were maskedConfusedhow stupid,they shud have deducted a pt for that - she gave no expressions except in the last scene,and that sexy breath intakeWacko
Salman's choreo was clever,he knows wat impresses Remo.He gave gud stage coverage,variety of moves and the song suited the theme.But the act lacked flow,organized dance movement and expressive dramaticism Thumbs Down30,no,noAngryKalari also requires low crouching movements with leg aligned to spine and arching back flexes,Yana was poor in bothSleepyIf u watch Asoka movie,SRK learnt Kalari specifically for it,he fought like a pro in it.Also in Dil Se

Found Rags-Nirav the best dance performance Thumbs Up - entertaining,expressive,dramatic as well.It being a freestyle dapankuthu,gave Rags flexibility and, her expressions and energy levels were terrificStarThe choreo was not very great,the original song had better steps but cant match the southie prof choreos on tv for sure.Perfect 30 for a tv show,sureClap

Am sorry if this was too analytical,but the leverage some contestants deserve and some don't shud be according to the theme,genre and their current skill.The choreo needs to evaluate their celeb for all the 3.Shampa picked wat was challenging for sushi I felt,and he did v well,no doubt.Rags did wat best suited her skill and best-ed itLOL.Yana cud not rise up to the challenge but salman camouflages her cleverly.Nishant's choreo had complexity but lacked completeness of the dance form.Krushna was v v gud,but 10 from Remo,I mean,the choreo was not unique at all for a 10Confusedall others so,so.

Edited by SaffyFlower - 02 January 2011 at 7:55pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bonnefilleNisha_90nikitagmcAreYaar

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
@Saffy: Hey! Dhassu entry girl!!!

Glad you brought up the nritya-natya point. Was a must in this discussion.

Edited by nikitagmc - 02 January 2011 at 6:48pm

SaffyFlower

SaffyFlower IF-Dazzler
SaffyFlower
SaffyFlower

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Hey Niki ! u guyz analyzed a lot,have to go thru all the threadsConfused

BTW,its nritta(movement) + natya(drama) = nritya(dance)Embarrassed

nikitagmc

debayon IF-Sizzlerz