Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

   
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

2/1/11 Promos:Performances *Spoiler* (Page 5)

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 89859

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

Hmm.. I think it might be better if they start handing out scores in decimals .. I mean ..like 8.5 , 9.5 ...
Since sushant has peaked so early by getting 30 ever since his second performance .. he is going to find it hard to keep it up .. I mean, as Priyalicious said  , since you can't better the score of 30 , you have to keep up the score of 30 .. its hard to do that every week .. if he gets anything less now it is going to be seen as "dip" in his performance ..
not necessary a dip i mean none can get 30 throughout their stay in jdj but obviously they will say that he could do better but i dont think his performances will dip that much

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Joined: 15 January 2006
Posts: 9951

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by -Priyalicious-

Originally posted by debayon

Does anyone know how much Daya got?

What rubbish?Confused The judges gave Ragini a 21 despite it bringing tears to Madhuri's eyes. They have been doing this discrimination for quite a long time. And giving 30's to Sushant really doesn't help him at all, gives him no scope for improvement and might make him overconfident. So, basically what the judges are saying is :You cannot improve, you are already wonderful as a dancer.
someone who gets 30 has more to live upto and more expectations to maintain it and if you have 30 at the start its like there is only 2 things you can do go down or stay put with 30
and sushant isnt one to be proud but one to work even harder and do well in each dance form 
I know that, everyone, even Akhil was working hard in the show. Others aren't just sitting thereLOL

Yes, but giving him a 30 thrice is like saying you're perfect, no need to come prepared and all, they might as well hand him the JDJ 5 throne(which he'll probably get anyways)


debu , IMO he is getting 30's bcuz he preparing and working very hard (and so is everyone else)  AND also involving himself completely by coming up with his own ideas for the concepts ... that's what is adding that li'l extra zing to their performance ...
And he is just not the type to get overconfident at all .. I mean , it is quite clear that he has a huge fan following .... but I have never got the feeling that he takes the votes for granted ... he can give "mediocre" or above average  performances which would fetch him between 24-27 marks and still get votes ..  He can just leave everything upto shampa .. but he isnt doing that , he is pitching in with his own ideas .. If shampa is choreographing the dance , sushant is "directing the play" ( sushant has directed and acted in plays , before joining television..)
He doesnt have the attitude that "I am so popular , I will get votes anyway .. "



Edited by lunza - 02 January 2011 at 10:12am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherry

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Joined: 01 October 2008
Posts: 20152

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by -Priyalicious-

Originally posted by debayon

Does anyone know how much Daya got?

What rubbish?Confused The judges gave Ragini a 21 despite it bringing tears to Madhuri's eyes. They have been doing this discrimination for quite a long time. And giving 30's to Sushant really doesn't help him at all, gives him no scope for improvement and might make him overconfident. So, basically what the judges are saying is :You cannot improve, you are already wonderful as a dancer.
someone who gets 30 has more to live upto and more expectations to maintain it and if you have 30 at the start its like there is only 2 things you can do go down or stay put with 30
and sushant isnt one to be proud but one to work even harder and do well in each dance form 
I know that, everyone, even Akhil was working hard in the show. Others aren't just sitting thereLOL

Yes, but giving him a 30 thrice is like saying you're perfect, no need to come prepared and all, they might as well hand him the JDJ 5 throne(which he'll probably get anyways)


debu , IMO he is getting 30's bcuz he preparing very hard (and so is everyone else)  AND also involving himself completely by coming up with his own ideas for the concepts ... that's what is adding that li'l extra zing to their performance ...
And he is just not the type to get overconfident at all .. I mean , it is quite clear that he has a huge fan following .... but I have never got the feeling that he takes the votes for granted ... he can give "mediocre" or above average  performances which would fetch him between 24-27 marks and still get votes ..  He can just leave everything upto shampa .. but he isnt doing that , he is pitching in with his own ideas .. If shampa is choreographing the dance , sushant is "directing" the play ( sushant has directed and acted in plays , before joining television..)
He doesnt have the attitude that "I am so popular , I will get votes anyway .. "

Yeah, I know that he is not like KSGLOL

Well, my opinion is different, but I feel people will be offended by that. Oh well, I feel Sushant is able to focus on pitching in with the concept(which is awesome) is because he has already trained in dance, and not just any dance, jazz, which is like a subsect of commercial dancing, so you have that foundation of dance, you know what I mean? Sushant doesn't have to work as hard as say Shekar do get hold of the beat, rhythm etc and dance accordingly, plus, he has been gifted with a flexible body(otherwise why would he be dancing?LOL) Therefore, he can also come up with imaginative concepts which provide visual aesthetics to the audience. Sushant can basically be a choreographer if he wants, especially after the whole Mahabharata performance I saw.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lunza

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 89859

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
plz dont quote so much
what he can be a choreo i think thts exaggerating its choregraphed by shampa NOT sushant
err flexible body thing in first epi he showed us tht he has gained weight (his tummy fat) so that point i dont find valid
and in znd he didnt win so yea hez not trained in all types of dance only one and znd was quite a while ago
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Joined: 15 January 2006
Posts: 9951

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Yeah, I know that he is not like KSGLOL

Well, my opinion is different, but I feel people will be offended by that. arre nahi yaar... LOL Oh well, I feel Sushant is able to focus on pitching in with the concept(which is awesome) is because he has already trained in dance, and not just any dance, jazz, which is like a subsect of commercial dancing, so you have that foundation of dance, you know what I mean?
umm .. shall I tell u something ?.. sushant is kinda bad when it comes to dancing impromptu .. LOL
he just has a stock of two-three standard dance steps which he repeats every time he breaks into a dance on the spot LOL He would make a terrible choreographer ...
He is pitching in with the concepts (basically the story aspect of the dance )  bcuz he is quite a creative person ..who has experience in directing plays ... he is right now in midst of making three short films with his friends.... he has written the screenplay for one, directed an other ..and I think involved in production of all three .. and I think he has acted in them too... 
Sushant doesn't have to work as hard as say Shekar do get hold of the beat, rhythm etc and dance accordingly, plus, he has been gifted with a flexible body(otherwise why would he be dancing?LOL) I agree Shekhar would obviously find it harder .. and Sushant doesn't have to
work as hard .. but he WILL ...
Therefore, he can also come up with imaginative concepts which provide visual aesthetics to the audience. Sushant can basically be a choreographer if he wants, especially after the whole Mahabharata performance I saw. Nah .. he would do a bad job as a choreographerLOL .. btw.. they took outside help .. a chau expert to teach them some basic stuff..


Edited by lunza - 02 January 2011 at 10:46am
bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Joined: 27 August 2010
Posts: 8456

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
There have been many discussions on Sushant being trained and therefore not the best person to be in JDJ.

Sushant is not the first contestant to be have training experience in JDJ.....Shweta Salve, Gauhar Khan, Sonali Kulkarni, Sudha Chadran all had training in some branch of dance. The show is literally in the words of 'Dancing with the stars'-celebrities who are not into the field of dance. Training in itself doesn't mean it makes one a good dancer.....i trained in bharatnatyam for three years and mind you my dancing skills are just average. 

Master in one doesn't mean master in all....sonali was trained in kathak but wasn't good enough in western (she was not good in kathak either )

When in any competition.....all kinds competitors come to the fore.....but can't call the competition rigged if the all competitors are not of the same level. 

The criteria of judging should be on the merit of that individual performance and the performer. Marking is not being done in comparative to others but in comparison to one's previous performance which i feel is fair enough.

I think we should give a fair chance to someone who is passionate about dancing and wants to learn various aspects of it. There is shortfalls in all and advantages too in all. If Sushant's advantage is bringing him 30s at some point his shortfalls will also be noticed.





Edited by bonnefille - 02 January 2011 at 10:39am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CuteCherrylunzadebayonnikitagmcAngel-likeDevil

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 89859

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
one more thing can we try not to bring other actors in here like KSG im not a fan myself but some friends are & they wouldnt like ppl to talk abt him like that one season later
anyways agree with bonnefille
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Joined: 01 October 2008
Posts: 20152

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bonnefille

There have been many discussions on Sushant being trained and therefore not the best person to be in JDJ.

Sushant is not the first contestant to be have training experience in JDJ.....Shweta Salve, Gauhar Khan, Sonali Kulkarni, Sudha Chadran all had training in some branch of dance. The show is literally in the words of 'Dancing with the stars'-celebrities who are not into the field of dance. Training in itself doesn't mean it makes one a good dancer.....i trained in bharatnatyam for three years and mind you my dancing skills are just average. 

Master in one doesn't mean master in all....sonali was trained in kathak but wasn't good enough in western (she was not good in kathak either )

When in any competition.....all kinds competitors come to the fore.....but can't call the competition rigged if the all competitors are not of the same level. 

The criteria of judging should be on the merit of that individual performance and the performer. Marking is not being done in comparative to others but in comparison to one's previous performance which i feel is fair enough.

I think we should give a fair chance to someone who is passionate about dancing and wants to learn various aspects of it. There is shortfalls in all and advantages too in all. If Sushant's advantage is bringing him 30s at some point his shortfalls will also be noticed.



Shweta Salve's dance experience is controversial, there has been no evidence of her ever having formal experience before, Gauhar Khan was somewhat of an item girl like Yana this season, I agree Sonali was trained, and it was unfair to put her on the show, but nothing we can do about it now, can we? I will still maintain though that Sonali wasn't an ideal candidate for JDJ. Sudha Chandran was missing a leg, so she had a disadvantage.

Also, most of the participants who were trained were trained in Indian dances, and it is much, much harder to adapt to Western dance(which has been the trend in the show so far) than the other way around. Also, this is kinda off topic but I would like to blame the production values of this season. This week, when they had a regional dance round, they had all these random folk dances, like Lathi dance and allConfused Whatever happened to Kuchipudi, Odissi and all the other dances?

Agreed about the restClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bonnefille

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
The Best Performances on JDJ3...

2 3 4 5

Author: LabRat34   Replies: 37   Views: 2513

LabRat34 37 2513 21 May 2009 at 4:59am by Dammy_Grewal
how will you rate today's performances?

Author: Painted_Lady   Replies: 7   Views: 683

Painted_Lady 7 683 17 May 2009 at 7:00am by saher_90
Most memorable performances in Jhalak

2 3 4

Author: -Moni-   Replies: 27   Views: 2172

-Moni- 27 2172 15 May 2009 at 5:40pm by --Rachna--
karan's performances-may 15

2

Author: Samiyah258   Replies: 10   Views: 1049

Samiyah258 10 1049 14 May 2009 at 8:38pm by *Shruti*
Duration of the performances!

2 3

Author: BlueSoul   Replies: 18   Views: 1283

BlueSoul 18 1283 09 May 2009 at 12:36am by BlueSoul

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index