Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics' Corner # 2 (DT Note:52)Jan 8th epi-pg106 (Page 87)

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Gaayu

I would look at any study that researches "advertizers' return on investment"

Which shows have brought in most revenue
Which shows have resulted in more Gillettes being sold, or Surf or Tide being sold

If there is any study like that, then that would tell us a lot about the content of the show

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrtvrasikakubare-Veena-

rafia 24 IF-Dazzler
rafia 24
rafia 24

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged

completely agree with you aditee and gaayu.

I would tell CV's better stick to what you know as thats what got you the audience in the first place, cheap shots may increase TRP but will this increase be sustained without a good backing story- I think not

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsraditeekubare

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Gosh... Aditi... u really are on a roll! No stopping you today I suppose, LOL....

It's too early to see where things will lead for KT or anyone else... I personally feel its all about luck (as stupid as it may sound).... otherwise one cannot explain the presence of mediocre actors in films earning in crores because they have a surname, usually starting with K!

Whether KT has luck, dont know. I hope he does... he is talented.

Take Rushad. He is really superb... he may not be doing lover-boy roles, but he is great! I think he also deserves more fame and fortune.

And same goes for Yashu.

In fact, we have been used to generally very high caibre acting in RBO, apart frm a strong focus on story and screenplay.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr.Dilwale.kubare-Veena-

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged

@Saaz..

We feel the same..

@Gaayu..

In response to your question:

With the way CV's have been navigating this ship.. I do see a track where Khanak is going to play the hide and seek game… for the sakes of Shaan.. not for herself as she is over Suraj.. that is past… and she doesn't want Shaan to face this and wants to avoid it as much as she can.. I can see atleast 3 weeks of this track! ( If I know my shows.. and how the wirters and TPRS work)..

Proper story???.. I don't want to be critical.. but please don't make me laugh!!!!

As far as TRP's and new and old audience is concerned… well there are shows that even after 2 yrs of showing has switched tracks.. actors.. storyline.. that has completely changed their audience.. so when It comes to TRP's "LOYAL AUDIENCE" is off the table… they always will be there.. they are always guaranteed (look at us.. we complain and want to make a change) The audience is a revolving door.. and the CV's put together their track with the flow and the demand.. and make changes accordingly! At the end of the day .. hope it all works.. for the PH.. Sponsers.. CV's.  Sadly Actors are always secondry… they just do what they are told.. even if they don't like what is happening in the show.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Nisha2dr.dsrsaaaztvrasika.Dilwale.kubare

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
@ Aditi
I will look up William Mazzarella's book -Shovelling Smoke. That was a study, a very good study, on the advertising industry in India, in the 90s. But I cant remember much discussion abt TV soaps. will check.

You are right.... such studies are very much needed. If , sales of Gillette have not particularly increased in the last one month, in spite of young men coming to form a rock band or whatever, then why risk it? A study would reveal if this risk was worth it or not.

But I heard such studies are done in-house and results are not released to the public.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Gaayu
Youve known me for two months now
When I feel something I SAY IT!

I have never denied I feel the same for Yashu
But for some reasons some things make me more articulate than the others

GOT to be handosme I guess!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tvrasika.Dilwale.kubare

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:58am | IP Logged
ok my take on the Epi

Thumbs Up:

Obviously KT coming back...but entry wise...I'm with Gaayu...i don't get this entry...i think it was done mainly for the audience! For that I love it! but for the show...don't really know how to describe it...

Akki Entrance! Superb! typical hubby like...again don't want to comment on the hows or whys. I'm beyond that understanding.

Yashu's acting!Superb! again the girl carried the show! for once I liked Sam vs. Khanak scene mainly coz of the comedy factor. again not going to talk about the resemblance to plot...

Thumbs down:

as much as i love Jas...that scene really wasnt needed
the story is soo unstable
not going to comment on bloopers...just happy with KT entrance!

ok that was my take

PS: As for KT as superb Actor, honestly initially I didn't think he was good in LNMJ but in RBO he was fab from beginning till now...and he still is!

also sometimes the dialogues and characterization has a lot to do with a person's acting. not to mention the director!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrsaaazrafia 24tvrasika.Dilwale.kubare

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Your best bet would be Gaayu, to look at a NEW product being plugged

Existing product sales cannot be correlated to existing shows/commercials that easily

Contact P&G and ask them what they are building and which soap they plan to target

I am sure we will get slaughtered for talking like intelligent human beings now

Edited by aditee - 07 January 2011 at 12:04pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kubare

Go to top