Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics' Corner # 2 (DT Note:52)Jan 8th epi-pg106 (Page 20)

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

Many thanks DD for your important reminder of the IF Code of Conduct......the timing of the same couldn't have been better!!!!

The past few days have truly been miserable......I'm deeply saddened to see that for a place I so truly believe is my 'second home' so much visciousness exists......people waiting for the slightest oppurtunity to indulge in mudslinging matches, to the extent of making personal derogatory posts about fellow-members, repeatedly, on multiple threads!!!! Truly, truly appalling, to say the least!!!!

Furthermore, would like to add that for me CC symbolises "Constructive Criticism".....not only just a corner to hang out with friends.....We, just like everybody else in the RBO-IF forum, are genuinely concerned about the well-being of the show. RBO for us stood out in the crowd because it had a certain flavour......something so unique......a simply told love story, yet with so much depth and thought to it!!! So if that flavour today itself stands challenged, almost on the brink of destruction really, comparisons are inevitable!!!! And lets not forget that these are only fictitious characters being compared, unlike certain downright disgusting threads which compare real people as well!!! And as a mature set of viewers who spend their precious time, energy, and intellect providing inputs for a show which has touched our hearts like no other, we should sure be granted that!!! In fact, what better testament to the same than by the creatives of the show........

Thanks again, for the reminder.......gives us an upbeat feel about the action being taken on the innumerable posts that we've reported!!!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 01 January 2011 at 11:20pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Dilwale.

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:27pm | IP Logged

@dr.dsr:

The IF rules cannot be bent for anyone. I do see the Forum atmosphere being spoiled by derogatory comments or comparisions. Nevertheless, The old timers or new comers, fictional characters or actors in blood or flesh, the IF rules stands for all of them. There are reasons why IF rules states that characters cannot be compared and the members have to abide by it.

If you feel a certain character is not upto the mark, please state so in most constructive manner. To express your displeasure of a character, I dont see a need to compare them with anyone. Comparisions will ONLY result in war, adding to the already tense atmosphere and hence, lets just learn one more key to existence in midst of varied opinions.

Edited by Dancingdoll - 01 January 2011 at 11:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IFsKhanakThe_May_Rose

Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Pmed my concern. Thank You

Edited by Souma.N - 01 January 2011 at 11:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dancingdoll

@dr.dsr:

The IF rules cannot be bent for anyone. I do see the Forum atmosphere being spoiled by derogatory comments or comparisions. Nevertheless, The old timers or new comers, fictional characters or actors in blood or flesh, the IF rules stands for all of them. There are reasons why IF rules states that characters cannot be compared and the members have to abide by it.

If you feel a certain character is not upto the mark, please state so in most constructive manner. To express your displeasure of a character, I dont see a need to compare them with anyone. Comparisions will ONLY result in war, adding to the already tense atmosphere and hence, lets just learn one more key to existence in midst of varied opinions.

Thanks again, DD for the input; much valued.

If I can speak for myself, I've been doing exactly what the CC symbolises for me......constructive criticism!!! Give me a great scene by any actor.....I'm all there to lap it up, but as a viewer, if I'm subjected to repeated moments of complete dejection, to the tune of feeling totally let-down, despite my best interest in mind for the show, I sure will get up and take notice!!!

And trust me, all of us here mean RBO and IF well.....that's precisely why we're all here spending our valuable time and energy, maybe even at the cost of losing our livelihood!!!LOL

Warm Regards,
Dyotona

aditee.Dilwale.

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dr.dsr

[And trust me, all of us here mean RBO and IF well.....that's precisely why we're all here spending our valuable time and energy, maybe even at the cost of losing our livelihood!!!LOL

OH GOD DocD....not to take away from all the serious back and forth..( which I think can be put to rest now) ,,...but this statement of your's cracked me up big time.....LOLLOLLOL

IFsKhanakaditee

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged

First and Foremost, I would like to clear one resurging confusion here - The rules cited by Development team is NOT restricted to just this thread. It applies universally and no thread or member gets any right to deviate from them, be it Critics corner. Development Team constantly posts warnings on other threads too.

Also, This thread was created just as a means to converge all the "constructive criticism" in one corner. It did not attain special rights to deviate from the IF Rules. The rules remain the same,
- Be constructive while providing criticism
- Do not compare actors, characters or shows
- No Derogatory or profane language
- No communities or groups will be attacked.
- Be sensitive to other members and tone down your aggression.
A critic corner was not a means to deviate from these rules but to clean the forum of the multitude of criticism mushrooming in various threads. This was a customized decision personal to the RBO Forum and has nothing to do with bending IF Rules. One can open topics on criticism as long as the topics are distinct but the Mods and members decided to converge it into one thread and hence, this thread.

Also, as I have stated in the "Important Announcements", the Development Team tries reaching every corner of the forum but we are not omnipresent. If you see any bashing or comparision, then hit "Report" Button but please do not take the matters in your hands or try retaliating by bashing in a Tit for Tat mode. Bashing is never an answer to Bashing.

The aforementioned Personal attack was taken care of and in future any similar instances will also be dealt with. Reiterating, please hit the "Report" button when such instacnes are seen. Also, It is at times important to see if we are initiating aggression or replying to an aggression which resulted in the personal attack. After all, a condusive atmosphere is a collaborative effort.

Unfortunately, I do understand that critics corner is looked as a chunk radiating negative vibes but as long as we keep our tone and agression in control, we should be OK in interacting on any thread, including the Critics corner. If you are sensitive in expressing your displeasure, your post is within IF norms and the content of your post pertains to the subject of the topic, noone can stop you from expressing your feelings. Any such curb to freedom can be pointed out to the Development team.

Last but not the least, We at Development team DO NOT stop members from pointing out flaws in characters or track. We DO NOT stop members from requesting the prominence of any pair in the show because that is their opinion and its a forum for all. Irrespective of our personal feelings on a matter, a Development team rises high and views the content solely against the IF Norms. We do not judge the content against our personal opinions. What we do expect from our responsible crowd/members is to be constructive, sensitive and tone down their agression. We expect them to revise their lingo in public forum and not take potshots. There is a difference between Bashing and constructive feedback.

For more details, refer to the thread, "Important Announcements". I am going to stick this part in that thread too for everyone's convenience.

Thanks,
RBO Dev Team

Edited by Dancingdoll - 02 January 2011 at 1:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFsKhanakNinjaInPyjamasThe_May_Rose

OlicityFan IF-Rockerz
OlicityFan
OlicityFan

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged

1st jan

the most impressive part was def sunil-madhavi....tht was absolutely hilarious!!...

sam's dress was gud!!...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

iluvmanarsaaazNinjaInPyjamasThe_May_Rosebones88

-SYS- IF-Dazzler
-SYS-
-SYS-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Hey guys.I've been a silent member of this forum for quite some time now and finally decided to reveal myself.The CC is one thread that I view quite religiously since I find the analyses et all to be quite intellectual-which coming from me is a ginormous admission since I used to look down on people hooked to all such soaps=p
Anyway thanks for all the entertainment and fun and food for thought you guys have provided me with for the past few weeks.Hope you don't mind if I start butting in with my opinions-and I tend to be prett-y opinionated.
=)
P.S: Sorry for such a long post

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrjyothi1989IFsKhanaktvrasika.Dilwale.

Go to top