aditee thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Goodnite Rooj, Gaayu and the rest
aditee thumbnail

Originally posted by: saaaz

Okay my gushing moment.....

RAJAT KAPOOR

there is a short film he directed and even wrote with Irfaan khan in it...I got tickets for its 'premeire' or something...I went to watch to catch a glimpse of him...😳...

@krishna...haaye....kahan thi tu?

@Rooj...umm is your honesty the reason you are not reviewing or commenting on my SS...?? 

@Rooj and Gaayu... I think that TV today gives very limited range for actors to broaden their horizons with...take the 90s versus 2000...honestly, the post 2000 TV actors shelf lives are short lived....they made loads of money but never really got to do much more than well what lead couples do on TV....but 90's pick any TV actor with more than modest skills and lost of luck...depending on which part you cashed on...you survived in cinema...too....an irfaan khan to a shahrukh khan....I am of the firm belief that we are going to witness a change in Indian TV....very soon...the tide is moving towards the next cycle....I mean YRF with Rishta.com and powder were beginnings....to pave the way for that frontier,,,,some will be sacrificied...btw, this has nothing to do with RBO

Besides Irfan and Shahrukh Saaz the 90s did not produce any great actors either, actors for Bollywood I mean

TV in itself may have produced great actors but they rarely made it big in Bollywood........ if I cannot recall names today, in 2011, then they were not so great afterall

I for one firmly believe televison over exposes actors and hence its impossible to be a "novelty" on the silver screen.
Rajeev Khandelwal is one example
Prachi Desai
They aint super stars of SRK's caliber nor in the Irfan league

Just one or two film wonders at the most

There used to be an OLLLLD TV show called 55 khambe Lal deewaren based on lady Shriram College in Delhi, Mita Vashisht acted in it
I LOVED that show
She never amde it big

She was from the 90s

I really cannot recall many!

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@Gaayu.. lovz and good need hunnie!!!

@Aditee.. Saaz.. i completely agree on RK and Sandhya..
Aditee.. ohh yaa @ the Bankok dude... he was a soutie ?? hwat! LOL!
I could go on .. on this and get totally off topic!πŸ˜ƒ Frankly i thought i was the only one that loved this show with this passion..πŸ˜†

@Saaz.... @ pre 2000 shows... Fauji *diesssssssssssssss* total drool factor with Arjun (SRK) but mann it was good !

Back to the show..
I think Yash really started to make an impact from the time when she supports Shaan in his project.. and how she potrays herself.. i think for me that is when she just kinda blossomed as Khanak.. i liked her in Laxman Rekha too.. but she had a different role then of a student.

dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So Guys!! Have I gotten over my KT "comeback" manic episode??? Not quite......remote chance of that happening, really.....will get on to today's epi review, instead!!!

Chalo, KT aur Rushad ki waapsi ki khushi mein no thumbs down today.....

THUMBS UP FOR....

Yashu.....was totally fabulous and got her act BANG ON today.....totally, totally made up for the rather insipid act, only just yesterday!!! Her coming timing today was perfectly pitchedπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘....absolutely loved the "nahin to kya tumhari chachi" bit!!! Absolutely effortless stuff, really.....Liked the whole "ajeeb" bit.....refreshing change from the usual "Main tumhari dost hoon" done-to-death crap!!! Khanak had her moments in the cafe too....noticed a blooper though.....Rahul didn't notice her even once, although she was pretty "close for comfort", eh!!

So now Yashu's proved it......brings out the best in all her co-stars, including Sam!!! PB showed some spark today in the whole Khanak-Sam exchange and definitely showed a glimpse of her talented LRL days!!! However, my happiness was short-lived....change in co-star spelt doom.......

KTs entry......as already pointed out by Gaayu, Rooj, and Teech (in Aditi's thread), was more "for effect" than otherwise....but what the heck???....who's complaining????.....it was SUPER, nonetheless....was actually kinda believable what with the whole promotional tour track!!! 'Promotion' toh it deffo wasπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.....but KT did it to perfectionπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...that trademark deep baritone, the usual understated style, that uber-cool air of  "I know I'm b------y good" without being in-your-face......trademark Shaan....trademark irresistible!!! The proverbial cherry.....Shaan mentioning Khanak, even in the face of adulation!!!

Rushad's entry....a complete BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! Least expected, but totally, totally WANTED!!! Was looking in great form....lovely moment shared with wifey....very, very natural, really!!!

PreCap....me cracked up over the "Boyfriend paida nahi kiya jaa sakta" bit by Khanak....said in complete innocence, but truly phunny!!

Ok!! Will wind up now.......Cheers Friends.....our "Best" man is back πŸ˜ƒ 

Go for it young man....not just Khanak, we're waiting to be surprised as well!!!

Welcome back, RBO!!!!
Edited by dr.dsr - 13 years ago
kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@Aditee and Rooj I can't click the like on your post...msg "Sorry ! You can't like same User's post more than 50 times in last 24 hours."

@Veeni..loved that drama...such a superb story so well handled...no OTT drama at all...very very real...loved that about it...You know Sony TV at that time really had goos dramas even Zee...good issues...and great actors adn acting...Rajaat Kapoor love him...love him...Snadhya...shes superb truly is...her first show was for Ekta on ZEE TV with Varun Badola...another good actor...she wa brilliant then too...

@Gaayu....good actors....humm...some relaly can don any role ..easily...Ronit Roy for One, Ram Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Ritu Raj, Varun Badola, are a few

A good script, director do have a hand in it too..but sometines its an actor who with his/her briliance make a character memorable.
aditee thumbnail
LOVED IT DOC!

So totally did!

We both were separated at the Tollygunge Durga Pooja years ago

There!

The secret's out now
aditee thumbnail
Doc

Zenn would really like some hand holding and deep staring into the eyes at "milan" tomorrow

For HER sake I hope we get that

For yours and mine?
I wont go there.
Another chori kiya type sequence wont be bad at all AFTER the roothna manaana.

Its been so BL----- LONG since I heard that "Shantanu" in her sing song voice

and that husky "Khanak"

saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditee

Gaayu,
I dont mind Saaz at all

Even I love great writing and a great plot

I dont say it every day

OKAY...did I miss something????πŸ˜•
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditee

LOVED IT DOC!

So totally did!

We both were separated at the Tollygunge Durga Pooja years ago

There!

The secret's out now

Love U to bits, Aditi....and U know that!!!

Never mind the Tollygunge Durga Pooja..lets meet up at the Lokhandwala Durga Puja!!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† What say, Madame???

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!