Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: aditee

Why I am so unhinged today:

(As usual nobody has to agree with me, its purely MY opinion)

1. The reason I got on this bus, seems to be happening. Desitination: Love story!

2. I am a sucker for NON-VULGAR love stories. theirs is the best on TV today!

3. KT brings SO MUCH ENERGY AND SPARK to the show. There is something very  attractive and deeply s---- in his masculinity that draws women towards him, irrespective of if they are 12 or 120. Very few celebrities have that power. NOT seeing him for two weeks was hell. Not sure if its his well groomed hands, or the crease on his cheek or the really confident way he carries himself (red vest, red shoes not withstanding!) OR THOSE EYES! There is just something about him!

4. Sunny's impending arrival gives me hope that there will be an intense love story in the future

5. However hard I tried there was very little appealing for ME in the OTHER aspects of the storyline

6. The camera's close scrutiny captures such facets of expressions on his face, it makes it worth every minute of air time for me.

OK more.........

7. That voice, the urban accent in his Hindi, the generous sprinkling of English (totally non -accented English!) in his vocabulary

8. Hands tucked in the pocket or arms across the chest

9. Slow grin transforming into  full laughter

Super description, Aditi!!!

And may I add a few....

1) Brilliant command over his English and Hindi pronunciations.....for somebody who speaks as good non-accented English as he does!!!

2) Superb voice modulation

3) Great Dialogue Delivery

4) A sense of style, an easy air of confidence, without having to try too hard!!!

5) The gifted ability to put "mind into matter".....good understanding of his craft for a 24-year old.....has definitely grown leaps and bounds in this aspect since his TV debut.....has now reached a stage where he's not just superb in the ShaNak 'action-reaction' scenes, but can even make an impression otherwise.....(read: the Shaan-Sunil divorce confrontation where he sure stood out or the Shaan-Rahul face-off, where he just ripped Rahul apart!!!!)

Chalo, abhi ke liye itna.....will deffo come back later with more......😉😃

aditee thumbnail
Originally posted by: saaaz

GOOD for you Aditee...👏😃
Here is hoping that CVs understand that eventually this started as a Shanak love story...and one of the promises they had made was that Shanak would stay as core....please note that this has nothing to do with supporting cast....BUT I ABSOLUTELY shall say this....for RBO to rake in TRPS, it shall always be Shanak and Supporting cast...to move tracks further...supporting cast may come and go...but the core has to be shanak...and that has never been denied by the CVs and heres hoping that they stick to their words and give us good storyline, dialogues and the whole package to make it watchable...becos no matter how much pizzaz and panache leads come with....good story is what shall make you go back to watching the show again and again and again.....

Ofcourse Saaz!
ShaNak is what made KT so appealing for me

I would never want that to be gone!

Then RBO would be like watching a 1950s Bollywood B&W no heroine flick!😆
saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Veena

This is exactly my fear...the whole hide and seek...in fact I am quite certain that this is how it may play out...I am actually trying to get hold of the new story writers' previous stories...and my gut is....this is how he played it before....I should stop my ominous feelings backed with evidence walla talk....😳

Oye Aditee,...read my bloddy SS....😃
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Saaaz
Agree... But there is a catch here.. CVs are likely to say 'but there are shows without a proper story that rake in very good TRPs. why cant we attempt that?'

My answer to that would be- a show cultivates an audience within the first 3-6 months. And that audience will stay  and provide regular TRPs, enough to convince advertisers to sponsor the show. If there is a plan to change, change within the first 3-6 months. Changing a show in the 8th-9th month is very risky. Chances are, the loyal audience will leave, and the new ones may/may not come.

Ofcourse my knowledge is very rudimentary, abt TV soaps. But am taking a shot at it here anyway...

What wud b ur answer Saaaz? And all my friends, do respond.

tvrasika thumbnail
Well-said Doc D. KT is a very very good actor and thats why I like him... there are so many faces on TV with looks... Never cared much for mucles or abs or whatever they are called. It's acting that makes me want to see a story.

KT has improved tremendously...fast learner he is... and Yashu also. Both are very quick and have learnt how to emote....
aditee thumbnail
Thanks Doc!

I completely trusted you to chime in
And boy did you!

See I frequently hear critics says

"He is so slotted now, he can never get out of the lover boy image"

"He is MADE for B grade TV soaps, he has no future in serious cinema"

"He must practicce that "I am so sexy" look and expression at home in mirror ALL day, thats why he is so good, he is not at all a natural"

WHATEVER the case may be HE IS FLAWLESS AT IT

I am not going to predict doom for him
I hope he finds a spot in serious cinema and mindless cinema
The ones in mindless cinema today cant even do the lover boy act well

In that sense he is already leaps ahead

Irrespective of whether he becomes the next Naseer or Om Puri

I will give him full credit for making MY life so entertaining in 2010 and giving ME something to do during the day!

aditee thumbnail
Gaayu

I would look at any study that researches "advertizers' return on investment"

Which shows have brought in most revenue
Which shows have resulted in more Gillettes being sold, or Surf or Tide being sold

If there is any study like that, then that would tell us a lot about the content of the show
rafia 24 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

completely agree with you aditee and gaayu.

I would tell CV's better stick to what you know as thats what got you the audience in the first place, cheap shots may increase TRP but will this increase be sustained without a good backing story- I think not
tvrasika thumbnail
Gosh... Aditi... u really are on a roll! No stopping you today I suppose, LOL....

It's too early to see where things will lead for KT or anyone else... I personally feel its all about luck (as stupid as it may sound).... otherwise one cannot explain the presence of mediocre actors in films earning in crores because they have a surname, usually starting with K!

Whether KT has luck, dont know. I hope he does... he is talented.

Take Rushad. He is really superb... he may not be doing lover-boy roles, but he is great! I think he also deserves more fame and fortune.

And same goes for Yashu.

In fact, we have been used to generally very high caibre acting in RBO, apart frm a strong focus on story and screenplay.
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

@Saaz..

We feel the same..

@Gaayu..

In response to your question:

With the way CV's have been navigating this ship.. I do see a track where Khanak is going to play the hide and seek game… for the sakes of Shaan.. not for herself as she is over Suraj.. that is past… and she doesn't want Shaan to face this and wants to avoid it as much as she can.. I can see atleast 3 weeks of this track! ( If I know my shows.. and how the wirters and TPRS work)..

Proper story???.. I don't want to be critical.. but please don't make me laugh!!!!

As far as TRP's and new and old audience is concerned… well there are shows that even after 2 yrs of showing has switched tracks.. actors.. storyline.. that has completely changed their audience.. so when It comes to TRP's "LOYAL AUDIENCE" is off the table… they always will be there.. they are always guaranteed (look at us.. we complain and want to make a change) The audience is a revolving door.. and the CV's put together their track with the flow and the demand.. and make changes accordingly! At the end of the day .. hope it all works.. for the PH.. Sponsers.. CV's.  Sadly Actors are always secondry… they just do what they are told.. even if they don't like what is happening in the show.