Critics' Corner # 2 (DT Note:52)Jan 8th epi-pg106 - Page 54

Posted: 13 years ago
@ khrishna, aditee and yumna if only but with KT still recovering I feel as the shanak scenes will be short but hipefully get longer as the week progresses and back to normal next week
Originally posted by -SYS-

There is NO WAY we aren't getting an amazing ShaNak sceneto make up for the past few days.I'm sure even the CVs in all their obtuseness know that they can't get away without giving us one.

@rafia
When Khanak said something along the lines of teen din mein etc etc in my mind I went: Oh now we're going to have a teen din ladka in and then WHAM the pre-cap.

@SYS... the same happened with me.. I was watching the scene where Khanak tells Sam now I am the boss and you will have to listen to whatever I say.. I was like now its going to be Kal Ho Na Ho...  6 din ladki in... and then the precap.. I couldn't believe my ears!!

And today I was so mad at TOI, when they wrote Karan Tacker back from the dead!!.. supposed to be a leading newspaper and they make such mistakes... 

But anyways sab kuch chaltha hai, as long as Shaan is back at the earliest...
Hey... loved reading all you girls.

I don't seem to have the same intensity as I have missed about a month(and over) of RBO due to vacation.. still haven't caught up but watched most of the ShaNak scenes.. 😳😳 *LOVE*

I love the passion you guys write with... will do CV's proud to know of ardent RBO fans we all sure are.😳
Originally posted by Anu80

@SYS... the same happened with me.. I was watching the scene where Khanak tells Sam now I am the boss and you will have to listen to whatever I say.. I was like now its going to be Kal Ho Na Ho...  6 din ladki in... and then the precap.. I couldn't believe my ears!!

And today I was so mad at TOI, when they wrote Karan Tacker back from the dead!!.. supposed to be a leading newspaper and they make such mistakes... 

But anyways sab kuch chaltha hai, as long as Shaan is back at the earliest...
Thats right! Anu!
As if our CVs dont have enough bad ideas already?
Now print media is joining hands to give them more😑
KT should deal with it........
So I finally watched the Epi and I won't comment on the ups and downs of the show coz u all did that! Superbly too!

But I will point out few things that I liked about the Epi!

Yashu for the most part!

I don't know if anyone noticed this but when Khanak was describing her love for Suraj, she had that udasi and not that much enthusiasm in her description. It was like that love was bland for her but when she is describing her relationship with Shaan, she has a wider smile and enthusiasm in her voice. Watch the part where she says "Aur dekhte hi dekhte mujhe Shaantanu se pyaar ho gaya" That part has her smiling widely! I loved that part!

And then her nataunki self was the best! she Said she is Madhuri and it immediately reminded of Krishna Di's description of yashu as madhuri!

Anyways as far as the epi goes...not much but still Yashu's and Khanak's character carried it well. other than that...very bad and this time bits and pieces...

As for Duck, I honestly don't know why they are showing him...really? why? 

Originally posted by saaaz

THE Cvs thread was a disaster- becos there were two of them and they paid attention to the one that was a sticky and did not pay attention to the one that had 10 pages of dhulwaadi...the sticky CV thread we all know what a hoot twas and that one had rasam all over it in the last ten pages....

My problem with the CVs response was not so much characterisation of RASAM...honestly no...but the statement on shanak was a SLAP on our face...the statement said..shanak will be shown in purity....WHAT does that even mean???? and eye opener??? πŸ˜†...for us surely...

See end of the day, what are we cribbing about really? 

How can a team that gave us such a well crafted story not be able to pull it together - when they moved seamlessly from dhulwaadi to bombay to khanak leaving house-paathshaala-relaisation of love..what happened after that??? 

To me it started with a Public Relations disaster....you have decided to have a 6 day format...you need to have more actors in the series to make 6 day work...I get that!!! but you go and announce that suddenly nine months after building a story you will bring in a SECOND LEAD....that was the beginning of the end...not only that this lead is coming with a whole new deviated track....

And just when you started getting it together by announcing that you have abandoned the track, your lead falls ill and you stoop to a non story and caricaturisation format...

IN midst of all this your whole background technical team has changed.....

IMHO, our expectations from this new RBO must be nil...we need to start watching this RBO with a whole new mindset...we ahve to forget their background stories...this is a new serial....

and how did they expect this will work????

I will tell you how...because unlike some of us at CCorner, there are hoardes of us who will watch for SHANAK...no matter what..even today we start and end our conversations here with "no comments until Shaan comes back"....How many of us are ready to quit becos of lack of story and deteriorated quality in execution....very few,....

so until viewers demand more...the state of Indian TV will not change....I for one shall use this corner to demand better writing because that is what drew me to this serial...hell I praise the writing in another show;s forum all the time...becos right now according to me it does have the best writing in town...

Good points. It was the writing and characterisation that drew me to the show. But I have just realised that there are expectations about viewers too...

Krishna, that comment by Duck as to why Shaan never told him he had a sister, I suppose it is to make us realise that Duck is not the brightest of the gang. Shaan didnt tell him because he doesnt have a sister. Thats why. But poor Duck is not that smart, so he is unable to figure it out and thinks Shaan actually kept it from him that he had a sister. Oh well... see, that part of Duck being so clueless, its missing in the way the Duck-Boo scenes have been conceived. It could have been shown in a very funny manner...but its not coming thru. I only figured that out after your explanation.

Edited by tvrasika - 13 years ago
Hey Friends!!

Sorry for not being able to be as active as I'd have liked to be.....recession still looming large, guys!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

My quick take on the past 2 days.....

Thumbs up for...

Khanak and Shaan's past (read: reference to Suraj).......undoubtedly, making way for the introduction of Sunny's character, but at least it was discussed.....needs to be 'dissected' now!....what a wonderful subplot it can be to make the ShaNak equation stronger.....the insecurities.....the introspection.....the realization.....and finally.....the acceptance!!!

Loved Yashu's interpretation of the whole going down memory lane vis-a-vis Suraj/Shaan....especially liked 'aur phir kismat ne paasa palta'!! Truly, a twist of fate really, for this beautiful love story to unfold......

Thumbs down for...

'Logical' progression of events completely 'illogical'!!!....here is a woman who inspires her husband to get up and surmount the obstacles, despite the 'obstacle' being Rahul....and here is the same woman making 'hara bhara kababs' for the same 'obstacle'!!!! Beats me completely....nothing 'hara' about it and definitely not 'bhara'!!!! πŸ˜†

Khanak and Sam 'bonding'?????.......seemed totally 'scripted' to me.....two actors who were definitely 'acting' to their respective potentials, but me somehow just went through the motions, without actually feeling for them and their 'eureka' moment! (read: discovering that Rahul's fiancee was no fiancee, after all!!!).....couldnt help going down memory lane yet again during the Khanak-Sam moment outside the elevator in front of K mansion's entrance.....the same premise, yet a different setting.....Gosh!! and so different......the classic "Bell Bajao" scene!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

In conclusion, would like to say....Khanak definitely brings out the best in her co-stars.....her scenes with Duck, Rahul are a clear indicator of that.....but with Shaan, its something else altogether....difficult to zero it down to one thing really......the talented people on our forum have penned beautiful poems, written wonderful FFs, OSs, not to forget the superbly innovative Shanakisms as an ode to the ShaNak magic.....but for me the simplest testament to the same is that without one, the other is truly, truly incomplete....Shaan and Khanak dont just complete each other because of the ways their characters have been etched, but 'cos with each other, KT and Yashu reinforce the fact that one truly requires quality to let quality shine!!!

Welcome back Shaan....not just Khanak, we were missing u badly too......
Edited by dr.dsr - 13 years ago
Doc D, I guess we shld welcome u back here:) Too busy, eh?

Oh... btw, I think u meant the Khanak-Shaan scene in front of the elevator, the'bell bajao' thing.... not Khanak-Sam!

U said it beautifully abt ShaNak.... The two characters are incomplete without each other and credit goes to the makers of the characters, and to the actors.
Originally posted by tvrasika

Doc D, I guess we shld welcome u back here:) Too busy, eh?

Oh... btw, I think u meant the Khanak-Shaan scene in front of the elevator, the'bell bajao' thing.... not Khanak-Sam!

U said it beautifully abt ShaNak.... The two characters are incomplete without each other and credit goes to the makers of the characters, and to the actors.

Thanks, Gaayu for the welcome.....me welcomes myself  back whenever I manage to sneak in the timeπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.....actually on second thoughts, isn't that what we all do.....despite our respective commitments, definitely manage to make time for RBO!!!! Only wish, that would be gratified a little better than is being currently............

As for the elevator bit, me meant Khanak-Sam only, Dearie.....their scene outside the elevator in front of K mansion's main entrance, yesterday......got me thinking about ShaNak's "bell bajao!!" scene.....shot at the same location, but so differently done.....the effect lingers even to this day!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by dr.dsr - 13 years ago
@Dyo....darling...*muwah*

You said it dear....especially about Shanak...what makes them...really....couldn't have said it any better myself...

Miss them...πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

@Gaayu..yes they could have done it better....the comedy Duck-Boo...bad execution really...

Oh and Dyo yes that whole Khanak scene....at the elevator brought to my mind the same scene Bell Bajoo....πŸ˜†πŸ˜† What an impression all Shanak scenes have left on us.....sigh..😍

Annd me too loved the whole scene where we can see her expressions while narrationg her past and present story to Sam...from Suraj to the bright smile while thinking of Shaan..awww.....mae us all go sigh and down memory lane again....sigh....😍