Critics' Corner # 2 (DT Note:52)Jan 8th epi-pg106 - Page 51

Posted: 13 years ago
@ aditee
Hahahaha.That SO cracked me up.
I AM PERSONALLY QUITE THRILLED TODAY FOR: 

1. KT's re-entry: how ever botched up it shall be, how ever negligible the footage shall be

2. Sooraj Track. For what ever its worth. I would love to see an angry Shaan. Coz I sure hope thats what we get!
Hope he doesnt handle the jealousy thing like a buffoon!
@ saaz
Errm but if someone applied for the writer's post shouldn't job description have to include something along the lines of: Should have watched all previous episodes of RBO?
@ aditee
Breathing in the background wali comment
I am reminded of a line Khanak said by the poolside once in a rare moment of self deprecating humor:

"I knew I would lose in this battle. I just wanted to hang on and see how harsh the defeat will be"

"Mujhe maloom tha main haroongi, bus yeh dekhna chahti thi, kitni buri tareeke se haroongi"

What powerful lines we had once upon a time

The line above pretty much essays RBO for me today (I AGAIN STRICTLY MEAN RBO-SHANAK. I have no clue nor I worry about any others)
Originally posted by Souma.N

Ok my take...

Fine...KT is ill...CVs need cover up so we have to tolerate some changes in the storyline. However I am still not convinced about the characterisations.

1. I still fail to understand the Rasam track...no really...One day she is breathing hard when he comes close and even seems to enjoy a kiss and the next she is sure she does not love him. *doh*. I dont think the CVs have convinced me about either their love or hatred. I mean "normally" ..a girl when turned down by a guy..humiliated by him and knowing that he is just there for revenge from a very very dear friend...would hate the person..or she she loved him to that extent would find it rather painful to plan his wedding...well I dint see pain or hatred...I dont even know why she loves him...ridiculous!

2. Duck and Boo...come on now..seriously....What nonsense is this...I am tired of the poor acting...lame dialogues and F grade scenes....

3. Coming to our lovely Khanak...well I think I am most disappointed here. Rasam and Duck I had no expectation..but Khanak I did...being unable to create good characters is one thing...destroying well created ones is another. Yashu did her part I guess but was not convincing..maybe she herself is not convinced about Khanak anymore. Her dialogues were just too dramatic and repetitive. And she seems a little too over enthusiatic about the Rasam bit. Why does she forget that Rahul is put to no good when it comes to Shaan and Shaan himself is still recovering from the betrayal..not exactly a perfect time for matchmaking I think.
Souma,
Very well said!!!

Personally for ME  the words in blue have been the biggest CASUALTY of KT's disappearance!

Her character has deteriorated big time!

Hope its all reversible

Originally posted by -SYS-

Okay I'm just going to focus on what I liked today:
1) Sam-Khanak bonding.I've been waiting for this since their first scene and even though it didn't take place like I would have wanted it to but oh well.I shall take whatever crumbs are scattered my way.
2)Khanak's monologue about Fate and her past-allowed me to quickly go over ShaNak's lovely journey in my mind
3)I liked her far away look when she is asking Sam all those questions-gave me an indication she's thinking of how she feels about Shaan

Questions I was left asking myself:
1) What kind of friends were these guys.I mean really.They know nothing about each other.How can Duck not know that Shaan doesn't have a sister?!
2)Since when did Sunil develop that food fetish?

Oh btw-Khanak's flustered si look when Sam asks her why Shaan would care since he kicked me out kind of indicated to me that she knows Shaan would be against what she is doing (is this part of her 'keep busy till Shaan returns' plan?Hmm...
All I will say is you are looking for LOGIC in all the wrong places

A show which used to be a LOVE STORY makes a sudden turn into a Rock Band's personal story

You want to know why they did not know of each other's siblings?

Here is another one that should help you pull a clump of hair out
Where is Tashu?
If they were such great friends, why doesnt any one even call her?
Isnt Boo worried?

Goes back to Khanak's family...........

She is the gawaar from the village
She has no connection to her family?She VOWED to help them financially and stay with them EMOTIONALLY😡
What an amazing daughter they have penned.......
Ulta she is helping some random people "make their own family"

Tell me how many clumps you yanked out NOW😆

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
Originally posted by aditee

All I will say is you are looking for LOGIC in all the wrong places

A show which used to be a LOVE STORY makes a sudden turn into a Rock Band's personal story

You want to know why they did not know of each other's siblings?

Here is another one that should help you pull a clump of hair out
Where is Tashu?
If they were such great friends, why doesnt any one even call her?
Isnt Boo worried?

Goes back to Khanak's family...........

She is the gawaar from the village
She has no coonection to her family
Ulta she is helping some random people "make their own family"

Tell me how many clumps you yanked out

I questioned and re-questioned that in the initial few episodes of the "band's" entry.Apart from mentioning her two or three times-and that too only by Sam-to make it all seem legitimate there was no mention.Actually after Sam asks Shaan about how he ended up with Khanak when he was oh so in love with Natasha I actually kept waiting for 2 or 3 episodes for the whole Natasha vs Khanak issue to spring up.All Shaan said was leave it alone or something such.Hello besties.Ever heard of heart-to-hearts?

As far as Khanak's family goes I have given up on any mention of Dhulwadi except to remind us that Khanak is gawaar.

And as for yanking out clamps of hair-no thank you studies have already turned me into an almost bald 21 year old.I could not afford any more.
Edited by -SYS- - 13 years ago
I mean the CVs make a BIG DEAL of showing up here  with their very theatrical request  to guage viewer opinion.

Over 200 of us said we want more ShaNak and Dhulwadi👏👏👏

I did not count how many asked for anything else

But the CV came back with "We know what to give you, RASAM "characterization" 
Thanks for the feedback.
We read IT ALL"😕
REALLY?😡

"Characterization"
Thats got to be the MOST ABUSED word in RBO production history

Edited by aditee - 13 years ago
@Aditi: totally.....

I was so so annoyed with their comeback..if they had spent this much time seeing old episodes..it would have been more productive...instead of hallucinating things we did not write!