The fundamental of 'Denial'

Posted: 13 years ago
Hola amigos!

I am not very much into making posts. I do have an idea of what I would be posting all the time, but I don't quite get the product out well. But then, I am here commenting and reading as much as I am allowed, provided I cherish being sane and this is an addictive place. For those who don't know me, I am Kankshita. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And now my post. Practically for the first time about AbhIya.

There's so much denial in lovestories that I feel its an age-old convention to first deny being 'truly' in love and then accept, like this would help anyway. Honestly, every TV show has to used this tactic. Armaan denied being in love with Riddhima at first, Mayank thought he was hit my desert island syndrome and the ladies? Riddhima is so fine an example, they're too 'naive' to be knowing they're in love and who they love. That I guess the janta janardan decides. But anyway --- am getting deviated. ๐Ÿ˜†

The point is, Pia does NOT deny her love for Abhay certainly. Not even a tinge of it she tries to hide - she'd been insulted by him and the same night, she actually tells him to be with her as she feels the safest with him. The girl is definitely different from the rest of the leading ladies Kekta has had sketched in her shows. I am not a Pia fan yet, but I like how she projects the lovelorn in her. Nobody too pained, nobody to sickened - just plain love stricken, with the forbidden minus of course, she doesn't have an idea of what she's ultimately going to be subjected to.

She has always been compared with the vampire girl, Bella if am not mistaken. Bella has really weak morals, Pia does not. Although, the love triangle thingie has been into play right from the beginning - it is nowhere close to butchering Pia's character, she's a very strong individual. Another reason why she isn't living with sort of denial. But then, her outburst is perfectly human and well justified.

On the one hand, is she who's pretty clear and on the other - we have am-evil prentitious vampire dude, Abhay who's technically at his heroic best. In India, girls have been fond of such fictional men since ages and of course they continue to. Abhay comes about as different from Edward (obviously!) and also, his character has been every slow in pace as far as its development is concerned and honestly, quite different. But then the entire thing for me pretty much gets spoiled all the time, for - he lives in denial.

When you know you can not stay away, you shouldn't. The creatives have made use of their heads with the sketching of other characters (minus the hu ha hu ha BG score wala Danish.) then why is Abhay so teribbly cliched here? I mean his fundamental is stinking. If the the inhuman guy is around humans 24x7, he's puting them all in danger and even if Pia and him are not talking or close - it doesn't change one simple fact that she, along with 'everybody' else is in danger. Agreed, a little more - but seriously, this doesn't impress me.

I quite like the caring side of him, but when he changes into his 'evil' self - he gives me some deja vu. I am never able to forget the fiasco his expressions create outta a scene that had nearly created magic. Most men in lovestories have mood swing issues though here, it'd be an understatement if his
behavioral transition is termed that. Okay, am gonna go winding up now - my last words over this Abhay issue: this doesn't impress me.

Your views.๐Ÿ˜Š

-Kankshita
great post๐Ÿ‘
i loved how u wrote about abhiya
abhay is sometimes rude to piya but he is doing this for her only....so that she can go away from him as he is dangerous for her but the truth of inside his heart,we all know๐Ÿ˜‰
Kannz,

I loved your take and i agree with it totally. Piya maybe based on Bella at the most but she has her own desi touch and she is a strong individual at heart. She knows she has dared to love Abhay who will perhaps never love her back ( as Abhay has conveyed to her ) . She cries , she suffers but she simply doesn't see the monster in Abhay. She only sees what is real of Abhay - the kind knight in shining armour.

As for Abhay , i am not sure if i agree with you. When Abhay knows from the word GO that him and Piya cannot be together for obvious reasons, he has no option but to deny his heart. It is not about his ego or him being thick headed , it is about his helplessness that he cannot love her back. Infact , if we look at it , rather than denial, it is Abhay's FEAR of Piya and the strength of his feelings for her. He gets affected and keeps telling her not to look at him like that. He knows what runs inside but accepting it would mean accepting Piya and that means putting Piya under the dagger forever.

P.S- I LURVE  the way you write.

Originally posted by blossom1234

great post๐Ÿ‘
i loved how u wrote about abhiya
abhay is sometimes rude to piya but he is doing this for her only....so that she can go away from him as he is dangerous for her but the truth of inside his heart,we all know๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, well - thank you. =]

Sometimes? All the time. She's not going to go away, everybody knows that, only he doesn't. But then this is fiction, and strangely - very predictable!
Originally posted by Pocahontas

Kannz,

I loved your take and i agree with it totally. Piya maybe based on Bella at the most but she has her own desi touch and she is a strong individual at heart. She knows she has dared to love Abhay who will perhaps never love her back ( as Abhay has conveyed to her ) . She cries , she suffers but she simply doesn't see the monster in Abhay. She only sees what is real of Abhay - the kind knight in shining armour.

Pia wouldn't be accepted, honestly if she's even close to being Bella in that context. Such characters are bashed and well, we both know the level of insanity that fanatics produce. Pia like Bella with the matters of heart is totally unacceptable. That's kind of strange, actually. How only she gets to understand the angel beneath the monster. Maybe cause am too shallow to understand this and of course, I find all this dramatic and animated even. Goes off my head. :D

As for Abhay , i am not sure if i agree with you. When Abhay knows from the word GO that him and Piya cannot be together for obvious reasons, he has no option but to deny his heart. It is not about his ego or him being thick headed , it is about his helplessness that he cannot love her back. Infact , if we look at it , rather than denial, it is Abhay's FEAR of Piya and the strength of his feelings for her. He gets affected and keeps telling her not to look at him like that. He knows what runs inside but accepting it would mean accepting Piya and that means putting Piya under the dagger forever.

Again, I don't quite understand this. But I do agree, he fears and ironically, I like him the most then - the female inside me is awakened seeing him that way. ๐Ÿคฃ

P.S- I LURVE  the way you write.

Thanks thanks! โ˜บ๏ธ
res...kanks im learnimg spanish at d moment will read dis n comment ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what I hate, nobody replies. ๐Ÿค“ Gaaon waloon, main bhi hun idhar! :L
Hey Kankshita!
loved your take on Abhay-Piya:)
the 1 quality I love about Piya is that she doesn't live in denial. She is clear about her feelings & doesn't try to deny it or hide it. She accepts it even though Abhay insults her each time. I understand that Abhay is a monster & he doesn't want to hurt Piya but he needs to understand that he can't run away from the truth. If Piya loves him, there is no stepping back for her. Once you give your heart to someone, you don't take it back. He knows there is something between Piya & him BUT he constantly keeps telling himself to turn away. What he doesn't realise is that there is no point in doing that because his & her feelings will never stop. Abhay & Piya might never be able to lead a happy life like normal humans, but they definitely are meant to be.
Ok, i better stop or else i will go on.
Btw, i am Samridhi:)
Originally posted by prc_fan1

Hey Kankshita!
loved your take on Abhay-Piya:)
the 1 quality I love about Piya is that she doesn't live in denial. She is clear about her feelings & doesn't try to deny it or hide it. She accepts it even though Abhay insults her each time. I understand that Abhay is a monster & he doesn't want to hurt Piya but he needs to understand that he can't run away from the truth. If Piya loves him, there is no stepping back for her. Once you give your heart to someone, you don't take it back. He knows there is something between Piya & him BUT he constantly keeps telling himself to turn away. What he doesn't realise is that there is no point in doing that because his & her feelings will never stop. Abhay & Piya might never be able to lead a happy life like normal humans, but they definitely are meant to be.
Ok, i better stop or else i will go on.
Btw, i am Samridhi:)

Nice to meet you, Samridhi! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I agree, and that exactly is what my post says actually. Am glad you turned down and commented, thank you =]
great post
Im really happy yes piya is the first female lead who has accepted that she is in love without denial
Abhay denies it bcoz he loved maithli and lost her and doesnt want to go through the same pain again