Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Interpreting Sushant's performance (Page 8)

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Originally posted by tamushi

. Karan was the most tragic person with tragic ending, it was as if he was doomed from the birth itselfCry I have lot of respect for him because of his characteristics of loyalty and unbiased kindness towards one and all.

At this juncture, I would like to add one more point for those who don't know much about Karna.

When he had been shot by Arjuna's arrow and was at his deathbed, then his father the Sun God and Lord Indra were debating about his generosity. So they came disguised as beggars, and asked him for alms. Dying and bleeding, Karna said that he had nothing to give them. One of them then pointed out that there was some gold in his tooth. (He probably had a tooth/filling of gold). So Karna broke his tooth with a stone Cry and gave it to the beggars.ClapClapClap

It was a sign of the way he had led his life.Star After that he died.Cry

Pity that the performance had to be done in 2 and a half minutes only, so they couldn't show this part.

yes, it was sad that we could see only 2.5 minutes..karna's life had various tales of generosity..

i remember reading one long back where krishna and arjun argued over yudhishthir and karna. arjun wasn't happy that krishna always held karna in high regard for his generosity, when yudhishthir was known to be magnanimous as well. krishna thought of a test to decide this so he disguised himself and arjuna as brahmins who wanted dry sandalwood to perform a yagya. they went to yudhishthir first and asked for some sandalwood. as it had rained then, yudhishthir could not help them much. next, they went to karna in the same disguise and asked for sandalwood. karna wondered how to give them dry sandalwood. he noticed that his palace doors and furniture were also made of sandal, so he broke them down and gave it to the brahmins. arjun then learned why krishna always praised karna as daanveer.

another version is given here http://thekarna.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/yudhishthir-and-karna/

Edited by peachesnplums - 30 December 2010 at 4:25am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushihidenikitagmcDabulls23

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:09am | IP Logged
@peachesandplums: An excellent tale! I didn't know of this one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

@Varsha Di: Video is getting stuck!! Cry I'll comment after I watch it- hope my internet connection stops giving me trouble.
bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 2:43am | IP Logged
this entire thread is so enlightening. I read and went back and watched the performance......first i just saw it as another dance performance but in the new light its sheer brilliance what sushant and shampa performed. The whole beauty of the performance is in the story telling.

Kudos to you niki. Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushi

Nisha_90 IF-Sizzlerz
Nisha_90
Nisha_90

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:19am | IP Logged

At this juncture, I would like to add one more point for those who don't know much about Karna.

When he had been shot by Arjuna's arrow and was at his deathbed, then his father the Sun God and Lord Indra were debating about his generosity. So they came disguised as beggars, and asked him for alms. Dying and bleeding, Karna said that he had nothing to give them. One of them then pointed out that there was some gold in his tooth. (He probably had a tooth/filling of gold). So Karna broke his tooth with a stone Cry and gave it to the beggars.ClapClapClap

Pity that the performance had to be done in 2 and a half minutes only, so they couldn't show this part.

Niki frm wat i read in the book it is not Lord Indra and Sun god but Lord Krishna and Arjun as Arjun was making fun of Karna after he got shot by his arrows but Krishna asks him not to make fun of him and i'll prove you wat Karna is and den dey transform into beggars and ask karna his golden tooth..Cry
karna's story is really heartwrenching Cry
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bonnefille

this entire thread is so enlightening. I read and went back and watched the performance......first i just saw it as another dance performance but in the new light its sheer brilliance what sushant and shampa performed. The whole beauty of the performance is in the story telling.

Kudos to you niki. Clap

I'm glad it helped you understand the performance better Bonne. Smile
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gene_Nisha

Niki frm wat i read in the book it is not Lord Indra and Sun god but Lord Krishna and Arjun as Arjun was making fun of Karna after he got shot by his arrows but Krishna asks him not to make fun of him and i'll prove you wat Karna is and den dey transform into beggars and ask karna his golden tooth..Cry
karna's story is really heartwrenching Cry

Did you read plumnpeaches post? She has posted two versions of almost-similar tales. Maybe this 'golden-tooth-charity at deathbed' is also in two versions, cos I read the version which I posted above.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tamushi

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blyton

I would suggest to all of you who love the Mahabharata to read the novel "The Palace of Illusions" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. It is a beautiful interpretation of the epic from Draupadi's perspective, and goes into detail about her hidden passion for Karn.

Passion for Karna???Shocked

Okay, now I wasn't aware of this one.

It might be the writer's own perspective, but various interpretations have suggested that Draupadi was in love with Krishna, or with Karna.

was she??? and was married to other 5 guys??
Nisha_90 IF-Sizzlerz
Nisha_90
Nisha_90

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 6:59am | IP Logged

I would suggest to all of you who love the Mahabharata to read the novel "The Palace of Illusions" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. It is a beautiful interpretation of the epic from Draupadi's perspective, and goes into detail about her hidden passion for Karn.

Passion for Karna???Shocked

Okay, now I wasn't aware of this one.
yeah niki i read in the book Draupadi likes/loves Karna..after kurukhshetra all the pandavas including Draupadi gets ready to go to heaven but it is said if you've a secret desire in ur heart den without expressing it  you can't go and den she was stopped asking her wat her secret desire and den she expresses she likes Karna and wishes he was her 6th Husband..dunno wat happened later but dis is wat i know..
p.s..All the pandavas built a temple for lord shiva in kedarnath and den dey directly went into Heaven

Go to top