Really liked it

though in our custom it isn't allowed

but loved d way u portrayed it

cont soon
Posted: 12 years ago
mindblowing one...beautiful emotions
Wow is the only thing I can say....

beautifully written, heartg wrenching but beautifully potrayed the emotions and feelings...

about the cousin thing its all so normal... Btw i'm very curious, I don't know much but if its allowed with cousin marriage in pakistam why not in india? Is it the religion or country?
^^ laiba i think its more culture thing, depends where you grew up and what you were taught. Our whole family is more based on cousin marriages, my parents are cousins. I think its this thinking that by marrying in the family the blood line will carry on and the family stays in the family, though i'm not quite sure about it. Edited by -Sajjal- - 12 years ago

In 1935  Erwin Schrdinger in the attempt to explain the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. He proposed an expiriement where a cat is placed in a box with a sealed vial of poison that will break open at a random time, now since no one knows when or if the poison has been released, until the box is opened. The cat can be thought of as both alive and dead.

If you put that into philosophical meanings, it simply means until you don't open lid, or try you'd never come to know whats instored in your fate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'' marry me?'' she swallowed the lump stuck in her throat and looked at his puppy dog face with those big brown eyes dwelling into her own, could she refuse such a face?

'''Zaib th--''

''i know this is all so unexpected but i love you'' the way his lips twitched when he poured out his heart to her had her heart doing flips, heck even some summersalts but something about this  was not feeling right to her but what.

''honey ''

''don't say it, i'm not asking you to marry me because i have to go to Pakistan for six months. i'm asking you to marry me because my heart it wants you, it loves to see you smile and blush when you are next to me''

getting up she dragged her clothes from the floor and looked back at Zaib again, still on the floor on one knee looking so handsome, why did he have to be so cute???

''okay i will marry you'' only after the words released she came to realize what she had said and it didn't sound too good to her.

''really?'' still in a shock, his voice echoed his confused mixed with abit of shock, '' you really mean it?'' her one nod had him rushing over to her and grabbing her into a tight hug, squeezing her tightly and his arms wrapped around her protectively he squealed while she displayed the most repugnant expressions ever but he couldn't see her so he was oblivious to that fact.

''but only engagement, i don't want to get married right now Zaib''

he parted and looked at her with a smile, '' neither do i jaan, but atleast being engaged we will be connected''

looking away she walked away to the window, '' zaib you know i have my career to look forward to, i have no plans of settling until i assure myself that i can survive without a man by my side''

Zaib crossed to the window and stood behind her, '' lish, i love you and i'll wait''

''even if it means waiting until i''m a self made women?''

''even if it means waiting till death''

turning around she looked at him obscurely trying to magnify his expressions to understand what was going on within his heart, '' than i Alisbha khan promise that you will be the only man i marry''

''thats a very distant promise lish'' tweaking his brows a bit he smirked and looked into her eyes calmly, '' and i accept that promise wholeheartedly''

''i love you zaib, and i really mean thatt'' Zaib smiled and slowly slipped the ring into her finger, the engagement finger, the finger who's vein lead right to the heart but why did he feel a sudden loss when he placed that beautiful diamond ring on her delicate finger.

''its beautiful''

''not more than you''

grinning alisha leapt in and hugged him, '' cheeky... but your still mine''

They stood in each others embrace smelling in each others warm fragnance and wishing that this moment would last forever. Unfourtunately it did not, Zaib had a plane to catch and Alishba had a morning meeting, so both promised each other they love they held for each other would last forever and set on their seperate paths oblivious of what waited for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Settling into his seat, Zaib took out his phone after deciding to text alishba that he had boarded the plane safely. Ofcourse there was dissappointment when he saw no text from her, but pushing back the sadness he clicked the the tiny key board of his phone and wrote a short but sweet message for her.

in the plane, call u when i reach and i love you

placing the phone back into his pocket, he sighed and looked out. The seat next to him was still empty and he was wondering who would fill it, maybe someone nice and sweet like his alishba? They annoyance in him just reached another level when the thoughts of alishba came to him and their engagement, he needed to be there with her by her side, rather he was stuck in this plane going to a place where he had avoided going to for several years.

''you moron, watch where your going?'' her tussled hair tangled further with his jacket, when zaib collided with the unknown face , ''i swear to god if even a single piece of my hair breaks than 'i'm going to kill you''

Zaib tried to make up his words but nothing formed, everything was everywhere, it was like he was a 12 years boy again shy and timid of girls but the fact was he wasn't. He was a grown man who was engaged, yes engaged.

''well, i wouldn't have to watch if you weren't so blind'' he retorded

the sound of her gasp had him strangely pulling towards this enigma, '' i'm not blind and get lost''

''why should i get lost, this is my seat!!''

when she shrieked, it was a sleek noise that pierced his ears, '' why? why god? today is just not my day'' pushing zaib aside and grumbling to herself, the petite girl with the jet black hair with some honey auburn highlights took a seat next to him.

When she sat down, only than zaib realized why she had shrieked. Walking away to the rest room, he groaned with anger. But something hit him, why was he so worked up about this woman, he barely knew. She just a stranger, a stranger whom he would bond over in this plane and forget her when he reached his destination.

When he came back he found her busy in some novel, taking his seat he closed his eyes for a moment or so. When he opened them he found her misty light brown eyes starring right back at him, '' WHAT??''

her gaze shifted downward and following her gaze,he realized his hand was resting upon hers. Why hadn't he noticed? why did his hand feel so perfect there that he completely forgot that his hand was placed upon some strangers hand.

pulling back his hand, he mumbled an apology releculantly ,'' what was that??'the girl forwarded her left side.

''i'said i'm sorry! happy?''

''very much'' once she was settled back into her seat, she went back to her novel and paid no heed to him for the rest of the trip. Ofcourse until she felt a heavy rock being dropped on her shoulder, '' what the hell?'' turning she found zaibs head on her leftside shoulder and he was fast asleep. What has our world come to, it usually was the other way around, you know girl sleeping and falls on the guys shoulder but NO, here was this grown man sleeping away on her shoulder.

she gave him an hour before she screamed in his ear, and woke him up.

''you really don't like me?'' zaib bursted rubbing his ears and moving back to his seat.

'' well who would have thought? No ofcourse i don't like you, i don't even know you'' she growled in anger

yawning away zaib forwarded his hand, '' zaib''

''and i'm not interested'' looking away she cursed herself mentally and looked out the window praying that this trip be over soon and she'd be in her own house, where there were no strangers, no strangers who made her heart skip a beat.

Zaib was outraged by her ignorance but kept that to himself, he turned away and burried himself into his phone and kept away from the girl next to him who made him feel different very different than he had ever felt before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''Bro'' Ali his younger brother squealed in delight upon sighting zaib and rushed over to hug him, '' it so good to see you again after what 15 years, how are you? hows everything?''

Zaib laughed half and looked at ali with a bright smile, he looked so different now, so grown up compared to when he had seen him before leaving home, '' you look good''

Ali puffed his collar, '' i know tell me something new''

''well she said yes'' zaib said wholeheartedly walking towards the exit with ali after grabbing his luggage from the check out.

''who said yes'ali thought for a while and than turned '' you mean ---'' he gulped and turned back around, '' alishba?''

''alisbha bhabi for you now'' if zaib hadn't been so happy, he would have questioned the shock and confusion in ali's eyes but he was happy and in happiness it was okay to ignore small defaults.

''congrats'' ali managed to say when he joined zaib at the back, '' driver home''

''is it me or you not happy??'' zaib questioned once the car headed on the road.

clearing his throat ali looked away, '' ofcourse i'm happy very happy for you bro'''

''are you sure?''

Ali nodded , '' very happy'' pausing he smiled, '' see i'm smiling the great ali smile, now i have to be happy to smile this brightly you know''

''yes i know ofcourse'' sarcasm was sprinkled with joy, zaib looked out the window and tried to picture his family and how would they look now. He was going back home after 15 years, nervousness kicked in and his mind played many games with him, like the what if and what is.

-----------------------------------------------------
There are a few parts to this story and since someone requested this story i couldn't refuse.

Hope you like it.

Sajjal
Edited by -Sajjal- - 12 years ago
Yohoo ..reserved! ðŸ˜Ž

EDITED:

wow!! firstly a bow for the title..EXCELLENT!

and the story is amazing, as always. You very well know how much i am a fan of your writing style. I just wonder in this story if destinies change.

Cont. soon.. God Bless..

Edited by -Mehak - 12 years ago