AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
I come to DMG forum almost everyday and I may not reply or do any written activity here but I do come almost everyday just to catch up on news I may have missed out on otherwise.

But today, a rude shock awaited me. The mods are thinking about closing DMG forum and the reason they give is that this forum is the most controversial on IF with the maximum number of complaints, abuses and MIDs.

Fair enough but is it really fair?

Fair on those members who dont do any of the above? Who just try and maintain peace here? Who have been the most active ever on IF just because of DMG and this forum? Is it fair on someone like me whose some 500 posts increased to 9027 (9028, including this one) just because I came on this particular forum? Who start writing fanfictions because DMG inspires them to write (not always in a good way...sometimes just out of frustration...)? Who start learning how to make sigs because they get inspired by the scores of talented people around them?

I have made many friends here, many acquaintances and, not lying, met some people with whom I dont agree with much but am still cordial with and some whom I may just abhor. 

But thats the point. Should I be made to sort of leave IF because some people cant seem to get over bashing, even though I may not have ever engaged in it?

I ask you, is it fair?

Please moderators, dont close this topic and this forum. Dont bow down to a limited number of haters and their useless posts. Please take into consideration people like me who come to IF just because of this forum and the friends we have made here and the stories we write because DMG inspired us to.

NO BASHING or unnecessary comments.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I agreee..

why 3 years of luv and emotions atached with this forum is being ignored and PRIME importance is given to bashing...

INJUSTICE...

taniyaarman thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed..Im kind of 6 months old here maybe..

But cant think a day without DMG IF..
after DMG stopped this forum is only entertainment for me ..

pls for soem people dont punish all..

.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I will have to agree with you. For a long time I was a silent reader of the DMG and MJHT Forums and I joined IF for these two shows only. And I know that people bash and abuse here but end of the day, this forum is all what they've got as a means which keeps them connected to their favourite show even after its off-air. As far as friendship goes, people will obviously meet their friends in other forums but it just won't be the same. In other forums, we have to talk about other shows but here, we can talk about DMG. I won't lie, from the past month I haven't been all that regular to the forum but only because I have taken it for granted that it is there and I can come here whenever I want. 

All said and done, why is the forum getting locked? Because of the complaints? Well, I don't know if its otherwise fair or not because we bash and get over it. Its ultimately the Mods who have to undertake that additional headache but yes, its definitely unfair to people who come here genuinely. Anyhow, the Mods decision will be respected by me but I will beg them to reconsider.
blessing-beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

@CHILL_OUT

PLS WRITE THI9S IN THIS POST

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1574804

-Moni- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Many of us joined I-F for this forum n even today the forum is very active...why should the members who follow rules be punished for the actions of some members who come here to cause disturbance and fights...
Lets all save the forum..............
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with it being closed.  MIDs is just one example of many the mods may have.  To catch up on news of your favorites I am sure your FC can provide for that. cheers :)
vidyashree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree wit u its nt fair to close dis forum cause of sum immature ppl who bash...there r others who maintain peace and love dis formun so plz dont close it...
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7