Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

India-Forums

An article on Zees current situation 28th dec (Page 5)

shinyclassic IF-Dazzler
shinyclassic
shinyclassic

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
I will come back to zee after CB again starts... this is not only my point but many of my friends too,,,after CB ended,,,many started ignoring the channel

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Misti,

Welcome back after your vacation.  Hope you had a great time.  there was such a lull in the forum and now am sure it will become more interesting and fun as before.

Zee Tv does have the habit of pointing fingers at others rather than accept their mistakes.  i can think of a series of actions in the last couple of months which is quite weird.

1)  The closure of MNKR and the launch of Sanskaar Lakshmi in its place.  While the former happened, the latter is yet to happen.  Subsequently, I read an article that it is going to be aired from 10th Jan but the ZEE site has left that slot open till 3rd week, which means it is not likely to be launched on date.

2)  Series of articles about the launch of CB2 in Jan  and then a complete silence without any news except some tit bits every now and then.

3)  Zee asking its actors not to attend the award functions of other channels.

4)  the flurry of news about AJ's extension, more to give trouble to Ratan's swayamvar than anything else, because if you have a peep at their forum most people are so unhappy with the tracks that they would prefer that  the show to discontinue, yet they want it to continue.
I atleast read that 2-3 actors of AJMBK are already chosen for other shows too.  Do you think Ratan would have gone ahead with Swayamvar, if AJMBK was to be continued, anyway it looks like some last minute changes.

5)  The latest buzz is about some new show which is going to be launched from Feb in a prime time slot, so which slot is vacant I dont know.

6)  JKR is also speeding up and the forum members think that it is nearing the end, but they also have some info about an extension for 6 months, and it looks like the historical incidents and stories have also been changed to suit the TRP requirements.

The last part is the funniest part.  I have got a mail from ZEE Tv to inform me that Sara Khan is getting married again.  Atleast if I had got some info on CB2 I would have been glad but to no avail.  I was so shocked to get this unexpected mail, is it something to do with the motivational speech I was planning to give them or is it something else?  

P.S:  Sanskar Lakshmi to be aired from 17th jan in MNKR slot.

Thanks Radha for your welcome. As for CB2, Zee is again playing their kinder garden games. Regarding new shows opening in Feb, if Zee wants then it can easily shut down one of their current shows. By the way, how many times is Sara Khan going to be wedded? Best of luck to her. 

Edited by misti73 - 06 January 2011 at 2:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

radha_bilahariNeerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shinyclassic

I will come back to zee after CB again starts... this is not only my point but many of my friends too,,,after CB ended,,,many started ignoring the channel

Hi Shiny.........this is the story of quite a few people........so you and your friends have loads of company.Smile 

Devika.

radhika5 Goldie
radhika5
radhika5

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Came across this article and it caught my attention.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2010/12/28/zees-aversion-to-reality/

Zee's Aversion to Reality

By Sudeep Jain

The past few months have not been good for investors in Zee Entertainment Enterprises.

An analyst with a domestic brokerage pointed out that Zee Entertainment is no longer as dependent on Zee TV's fluctuating fortunes for revenue as it used to be.

"In the past, Zee TV used to account for half the company's revenue but now Zee has a strong bouquet of regional channels and Zee TV's share in sales has fallen to about 30%," he said.

Analysts sum up the reason for Zee's eroding viewer base in a nutshell'no big-ticket reality shows.

"Kaun Banega Crorepati 4," the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," hosted by superstar Amitabh Bachchan, is credited with boosting Sony TV's audience. Other reality shows such as Colors' "Big Boss 4," hosted by another famous actor, Salman Khan, have also managed to draw crowds of viewers.

But Zee TV favors soaps and sitcoms instead, a preference that isn't hard to explain.

"While reality TV shows grab eyeballs they don't necessarily lead to higher earnings because they are very expensive to produce, especially the ones with big celebrities," said an analyst with a Mumbai brokerage.

ZEE'S AVERSION TO REALITY SHOW

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2006-03-30.gif

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovJustShantaDevika.Neerjaamisti73

Devika. IF-Dazzler
Devika.
Devika.

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Big smilethanks dear for sharing....

oh my...now what will happen with CB-2..  i am really worried.They never recgnized the jodi even though they created history , never was loyal to the viewers...

all i want to hear this time is that do care about their show and give Avina what they deserve...  i hope and i wish again....... 

radhika5misti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radhika5

Originally posted by misti73

Came across this article and it caught my attention.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2010/12/28/zees-aversion-to-reality/

Zee's Aversion to Reality

By Sudeep Jain

The past few months have not been good for investors in Zee Entertainment Enterprises.

An analyst with a domestic brokerage pointed out that Zee Entertainment is no longer as dependent on Zee TV's fluctuating fortunes for revenue as it used to be.

"In the past, Zee TV used to account for half the company's revenue but now Zee has a strong bouquet of regional channels and Zee TV's share in sales has fallen to about 30%," he said.

Analysts sum up the reason for Zee's eroding viewer base in a nutshell'no big-ticket reality shows.

"Kaun Banega Crorepati 4," the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," hosted by superstar Amitabh Bachchan, is credited with boosting Sony TV's audience. Other reality shows such as Colors' "Big Boss 4," hosted by another famous actor, Salman Khan, have also managed to draw crowds of viewers.

But Zee TV favors soaps and sitcoms instead, a preference that isn't hard to explain.

"While reality TV shows grab eyeballs they don't necessarily lead to higher earnings because they are very expensive to produce, especially the ones with big celebrities," said an analyst with a Mumbai brokerage.

ZEE'S AVERSION TO REALITY SHOW

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/2006-03-30.gif

Radhika5 the reality shows on TV are beyond the thinking capacity of any scientist.Wink...I liked the look on the lawyers face.LOL

radhika5Devika.

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DEVIKA8

Big smilethanks dear for sharing....

oh my...now what will happen with CB-2..  i am really worried.They never recgnized the jodi even though they created history , never was loyal to the viewers...

all i want to hear this time is that do care about their show and give Avina what they deserve...  i hope and i wish again....... 

You are welcome DEVIKA8.........as for CB2 only time will tell. 

Devika.

Go to top