India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

An Ode to LTL...reliving the journey

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:10am | IP Logged

A year of LTL. I thought I'd relive the story. Sorry, for the long long recap. :D

Ever had the chance to fall in love, slowly, savoring each sensation? Guess not, coz love's like a whirlwind, it hardly gives you a chance to gather your bearings! It just happens! But then, sometimes, miracles happen. And you get to fall in love, in a process so seductively slow and sweet that you know you'll cherish each moment for a lifetime to come.

So, how can a hardened don fall in love, you ask? Someone who kills for a living. For that, you first need to know what drives him. Does he derive pleasure from the killings? Does it give him peace? Or is it because he's flawed, and his spirit broken beyond salvage! Does he do it because he cannot stand the pain? Maybe....

We found ourselves getting drawn towards this man, who was impeccably an original. In a world where men are driven by greed and lust, we found a man who suffered because he felt too much. Someone who was born for love but doomed to hate before he arrived at his destination. Wary though we were, we couldn't help but sigh everytime his eyes spoke to us, of the pain he'd buried deep inside himself. He was ready to live with it, and didn't want anyone intruding into his world.

As unlikely as our hero was, his destiny was even stranger. Destiny met him in the form of a girl  he'd rescued, without knowing that it was she who was his savior. The ugly duckling, who was as timid as a mouse was the last person we expected the don to fall in love with. A servant girl at that. Surprising right, that the story of a don and his servant girl could be anything close to soulful?

And so, the girl slowly won her master over, with her stories of faith and laughter and love. She taught him that it took courage of a different kind, to open up to life. She was Scheherazade to this cynical king who believed love to be the most cruellest of games. Pretty women were, in his eyes, traitors of the worst kind. But our Scheherazade wouldn't give up, for she secretly loved her master. She wanted him to give love a chance, even if it meant watching her heart break into a million pieces. He found himself enchanted by this little wisp of a girl who made him happy. See, he'd never known selfless love before. So, he believed in his little friend and went ahead, not knowing that she was walking on swords to bring happiness in his life.

Fate has a strange way of leading us straight to the one person meant for us. It doesn't assure a calm passage, but it does ensure that we land safely. And so, the hero found himself a pawn in a deadly game. He ended up hurting the one person who loved him selflessly and refused to believe her when she said that her only sin was loving him. He accused her of something she'd never done, but then her goodness won him over, and he realized that she'd been innocent all along. And when he closed his eyes, he found the one thing he'd been searching for all his life. He loved this girl from the bottom of his heart. Loved her for the peace she'd brought into his life.

While he dreamt of a life with her, she was scared. She loved him, but had never expected to be loved in return. Now that he did, it scared her. For she had a secret too. She was not the ugly girl he believed her to be. She feared that once she took off her cloak of ugliness, he'd hate her like he hated all other beautiful women. She refused to deceive him, but fate had other plans. Their love story had just begun.

When he entered their wedding chamber, with his heart full of joy, he found before him a stranger who claimed to be his love. He refused to believe her, refused to hear her out. He wanted the girl he'd loved, the dark, ugly girl with a heart of gold. But the beautiful woman in front of him spoke the same words she did. She said that it was her he had loved. It drove him to madness, that once again he'd been betrayed. And this time by a woman he'd truly loved. Despair took over, and this time it seemed like there was no way out of the darkness. Her beautiful face enraged him, and he pushed her away. But she refused to leave his side.

He fought with her, told her that she had killed every emotion in him. But her silence said it all. It wasn't her he was fighting, it was himself. He watched her prove herself over and over again, and realized that she wasn't lying. The realization tore him apart...the fact that someone loved him enough to stay by his side in the face of every storm. And as he found himself fighting this powerful feeling, he knew that she was the same woman he'd loved. Her love was real, his denial wasn't. He tried to keep away, but was drawn to her like a moth to the flame. He accused her of trying to trap him with her beauty, but his accusation seemed hollow even to his ears. He'd never been drawn in by beauty of any kind, why then did this woman, with her soulful eyes, and patient smile move him so?  The only reason for his anger was that she hadn't trusted him enough. He was in love with her. He'd denied it enough. He knew that she would love him no matter what, and that he wouldn't be able to hold it in any longer. It hurt too much. Loving this woman had become as essential as breathing, and it was the most powerful, heartwrenching emotion he'd ever known.All the times he'd believed himself in love, it had been a mildly pleasant feeling. But this time it wasn't so! It was gutwrenching fear, it was like being in a dark alley alone. The time had come for him, to face his fears. To open up, like she'd advised him to. For the first time in his life, he wanted to risk it all. Something told him that her love was worth all the pain. He  didn't realize it, that his love story had finally begun. The same one that he'd lived with her, age after age, in a hundred other lifetimes....

And so we wait, with bated breath, for him to reclaim his love. Will he? Of course he will! But how? That is what remains to be seen. The journey's been so exhilarating, the culmination will be as magnificent too!

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasaliNisha_13adithyAMANJPinoshsaku1122shipspinks86notsorryshruti10augustvahgarloveumishalnightoffullmoonLaTuLasikkaishakomal_w25KavitaDRAbhiAniCrystal29shally_mmnx12skavitha08ltl_fanJyoekiran255sinaksub_rosaSophia21shonapinkyMelodiousDreamsrpmenon-bharti-ushankitvc-Srushti-Sanely_Insane--Sia--meghapartiImmaculateDreamAnu-Reddy-Huma-

ushankitvc IF-Rockerz
ushankitvc
ushankitvc

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Sooooooo, beautifully written.........simply superb............ The whole story of LTL in ur post ........is a set of few beautiful words woven in to  a wonderful garland named Laagi Tujhse Lagan (LTL)..........
Fantastic job............

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishalizdarcy

-Srushti- IF-Veteran Member
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:41am | IP Logged
I so wish Cvs would actually visit today's forum page....everybody is in such a good mood and have been posting such beautiful posts..lizzy you are an excellent writer and that is a unanimous opinionSmile...and the recap of the whole year is wonderful....Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcysikkaishaAbhiAni

ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Clap... 

Beautiful LIz!!! Just beautiful! i have already fallen short of adjectives when it comes to ur posts .. LOL

HugU ROCK!!

Edited by SAraW - 28 December 2010 at 4:20am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaishalizdarcyAbhiAniJyoe

adithy Newbie
adithy
adithy

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:56am | IP Logged

Beautifully written!Clap

sikkaishalizdarcyAbhiAni

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:59am | IP Logged
beautiful..i was doing a recap too..but after reading yours i stopped because i couldn't have worded it better..

thank you

lizdarcysikkaishaAbhiAni

Crystal29 Goldie
Crystal29
Crystal29

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Wow Liz, Beautifully writtenClap You are an amazing writer!

I felt that I was watching LTL all over again. Day Dreaming I hope I can get my husband to read thisLOL He might understand why I am crazy about this show and I can save my energy that I spend on arguing with him (almost every other day) about why LTL is the best!

I am going to save this piece of your writing in my LTL folder! Thanks for this on the LTL anniversary!

sikkaishalizdarcyAbhiAni

mozart66 IF-Dazzler
mozart66
mozart66

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged
Lovely Liz!

You are a gifted writer!! You have recapped LTL and Dutta's journey so well that even after LTL goes off air, it will be fondly remembered by all of us!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcyAbhiAni

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index