India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

New Age Byronic Hero-Dutta SHriram Patil

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:30am | IP Logged

Well, another monday episode and again forum is divided into camps- singer Dutta supporters and singer dutta haters...my earlier post makes it clear which side I am..this post has nothing to do with Dutta singing, sulking or generally being a gadha. No,enough had been said on all that already.

This post is coming, after I discovered my hardbound copies of my favorite books this weekend,while packing my things before my family shifts permanently to Kolkata. While I was dusting them, I couldn't resist turning over the leaves and reread and relive the sheer magic of those words....those feelings....those untouched touches..those darkness and flaws.

And I while reading those books I could imagine a face for the first time..the face was MR, no doubt but the man was Dutta..

I could see Him as Mr.Darcy proposing to Lizzy Bennet in a rainy afternoon saying all the wrong words in his pompous manner but with love in his heart. I could see Him as Heathcliff,

the jealous lover of Cathrine who went to extreme lengths to get his vengeance, ultimately dying an old bitter man.

He is Mr. Edward Rochester who was deeply in love with Jane Eyre- an innocent soul, who soothed his jaded and cynical heart. He went to the lengths of disguising him as old fortune teller, to talk to her alone in his soiree, who lost his eye and his wealth saving his love from fire that was lit by his deranged first wife. A humbled man who declared that the blurred specter of his baby son's blue eyes- a reminiscence of his beloved Jane was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.

He looked like Maxim who wanted a second chance at happiness with a simple companion, who he knows loves him to bits. He wants his past and Rebecca's past to stay hidden forever so that his present which is,his second Mrs.de Winter, stays with him forever.

I can see him as Pip who thinks that Mrs.Haversham is grooming him for his Estella. But with his snobbishness for Joe and Abel Magwitch. To me he is Mr.Jykll and Dr.Hyde. He is the beauty depicted in the portrait of Dorian Gray, in all his stark darkness and excesses.

You might think, how can I relate our beloved Gadha to these legendary characters. He may not be their exact portrayal, but his complexity is a blend of it all. Dutta has breathed life in a very old species of classic heroes..The Byronic hero- A hero who had many flaws and darkness of character yet the innocent,spunky, honest heroines could not help themselves from falling for them. Just like Nakusha who is a God praying, honest girl, innocent to the core of her soul but can't help herself from loving Dutta- a recluse, a self-confessed cold-blooded killer with a bleeding heart turned to stone.

She can't help herself from loving him even if he punishes her without giving her a chance to justify her actions, be it during the last wedding or Post-FR. She knows he loves her but can't accept her.

She is staying as a discarded wife in outhouse(it was her decision but still). She is taking all his harshness as a sign of his caring. Why? Because she loves him just like Lizzy ultimately loved darcy in-spite of his snobbishness because of his good heart. Because she loves him like Cathrine does her Heathcliff, in whose arms she breathed her last. Like Jaye loves Rochester in-spite of his lie. Like Mrs.de Winter believes in her Maxim even when she discovered that he was a murderer. Like Estella in the end realizes Pip's true worth.

Thank you for bringing back a dying class of heroes alive. Thank you Dutta Shriram Patil...singer or no-singer, but definitely the Lover- Day or Knight..Opps..Night.

Yours,
A hopeless Dutta addict.

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasaliadithydikulolotaani10Fatima82notsorrynightoffullmoonLaTuLalizdarcyshruti10augustkomal_w25chitrakshgeetloveumishalKavitaDRVampgirlCrystal29ChaudhrytmFishfishkiran255mariescott14left_foreversub_rosamozart66Jyoeltl_fanrama_2010triasha.scorpio10NainaSengalartikbshonapinkysuhana19Sophia21-bharti-Nels-Srushti---khushi--SuhaniSoniameghapartiImmaculateDreamAnu-Reddy--Sia--stranger2rose

rama_2010 IF-Dazzler
rama_2010
rama_2010

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Oh wow shilpi... brought back memories of all heros........sumwhere though lost by me.... in keeping up with daily chores...
Very true ... Dutta a mixture of all our legendary heros... a dream man sumwhere in my heart...
A true gift..... to revive those feelings...  of true love....
Thanks to CV's and LTL team for a wonderful gift... for year 2010......

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLaCrystal29Wanderbug

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Very well written Shilpi! I do hope the CVs in the long run live up to the expectations they have set for themselves.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Crystal29Wanderbug

-Srushti- IF-Veteran Member
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:13am | IP Logged
Oh my ghosh Shilpita!!!!Clap!!! wish the Cvs would read this... they would be so proud they have created a character like D....your post covers it all .... but I think it is most near to Darcy and Maxim....Darcy because of his arrogance and Maxim because Maxim being the murderer....having some criminal background like Dutta..
by the way as soon as i read the title of your post, I gave a google search on byronic hero and look what i found on wikipedia!

"The Byronic hero typically exhibits several of the following traits:

• a strong sense of arrogance
  • high level of intelligence and perception
  • cunning and able to adapt
  • suffering from an unnamed crime
  • a troubled past
  • sophisticated and educated
  • self-critical and introspective
  • mysterious, magnetic and charismatic
  • struggling with integrity
  • power of seduction and sexual attraction
  • social and sexual dominance
  • emotional conflicts, bipolar tendencies, or moodiness
  • a distaste for social institutions and norms
  • being an exile, an outcast, or an outlaw
  • "dark" attributes not normally associated with a hero
  • disrespect of rank and privilege
  • jaded, world-weary
  • cynicism
  • self-destructive behaviour"
I think the only ones which I have made in bold are the characteristic we cannot associate with Dutta...high level of intelligence is jokeLOL and  cunning is out of question...and able to adapt ....welll... if he would have been able to adapt we would not have this pre FR and post FR dhamakasLOL..
but all the other traits....i must say shipita spot on!!! there cannot be another better word for dutta...byronic hero...
again repeating....an excellent postClap

Edited by msthula - 28 December 2010 at 3:18am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LaTuLalizdarcyCrystal29JyoeWanderbugstranger2rose

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by msthula

Oh my ghosh Shilpita!!!!Clap!!! wish the Cvs would read this... they would be so proud they have created a character like D....your post covers it all .... but I think it is most near to Darcy and Maxim....Darcy because of his arrogance and Maxim because Maxim being the murderer....having some criminal background like Dutta..
by the way as soon as i read the title of your post, I gave a google search on byronic hero and look what i found on wikipedia!

"The Byronic hero typically exhibits several of the following traits:

a strong sense of arrogance high level of intelligence and perception cunning and able to adapt
    suffering from an unnamed crime a troubled past sophisticated and educated self-critical and introspective mysterious, magnetic and charismatic struggling with integrity power of seduction and sexual attraction social and sexual dominance emotional conflicts, bipolar tendencies, or moodiness
    a distaste for social institutions and norms being an exile, an outcast, or an outlaw
    "dark" attributes not normally associated with a hero
    disrespect of rank and privilege jaded, world-weary cynicism
  • self-destructive behaviour"
I think the only ones which I have made in bold are the characteristic we cannot associate with Dutta...high level of intelligence is jokeLOL and  cunning is out of question...and able to adapt ....welll... if he would have been able to adapt we would not have this pre FR and post FR dhamakasLOL..
but all the other traits....i must say shipita spot on!!! there cannot be another better word for dutta...byronic hero...
again repeating....an excellent postClap

Yaar...my thoughts exactly....I love a hero troubled by his past ...
Dutta could be intelligent afterall he is at the top of his "Career"
i guess since nakku entered his life his intelligence has taken a long vacation

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Srushti-

lizdarcy Senior Member
lizdarcy
lizdarcy

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:58am | IP Logged
OH MY GOD! This is so romantic!!!!! And so so true!!

*swoon*
*thud*

Thank you, Shilpita!

*swoons again*

msthula, that list is soooooo Dutta! Big smile

Wanderbugsub_rosa

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:04am | IP Logged
MS: Even the bolded traits Dutta does have...lets not forget he is a bigshot don.

Wanderbug-Srushti-

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:11am | IP Logged
OH SHILPI !
what a beautiful post !
i totally agree with u that he has bring back a classic lover 
who are mostly  deep n dark !
awesome observation !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: