Life In A Metro TV Version On Star One - Article

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Director Anurag Kashyap turns film into daily soap for youth channel, may even get the lead actors to do cameos

Anurag Basu will Return to the small screen in a big way next year.News is that he will be directing the televised version of his 2007 hit, Life… In A Metro. The director,whose film Kites released this year,admits he's remaking his movie with amix of fresh and known faces under his production house.
"My team and Conducted auditions last week in the city. We had a good turnout and som of them were quite promising. But we haven't cast anyone as yet,"adds Basu.
Talk is that the show, rewritten from the movie starring Shilpa Shetty, Shiney Ahuja,Kangna Ranaut, Sharman Joshi, Dharmendra, Nafisa Ali, KK Menon ,Konkona Sen Sharma and Irrfan Khan, will be aired on Star One.
"Yes, I am in talks with Star One.Till we don't sign the contract and get our telecast dates, we can't start shooting or speak in detail about the show,"says Basu.
It is also learnt that the director will have the original cast of the film do cameos in the show, which is untitled right now. The show has been completely adapted for the small screen to suit urban young viewers."It's too early to say anything on that front because we don't know our slot on the channel or the time of the year when the show has to be readied. The contract is pending and the cast hasn't been finalised yet,"says Basu.
"Getting or not getting the lead cast of Life… In a-metro for a cameo is something that can be decided at a later stage." The movie traces the lives of seven individuals in an urban set-up and discusses various issues like extra marital affairs, love and relationships. A portion of the film was, apparently,also borrowed from the 1960s classic,The Apartment.

source : Hindustan Times Mumbai edition 28/12

hmm interesting the movie was very urban and if Anurag himself is directing it - may be things can start looking good to some extent for Star one .. the channel def is right for such an urban concept .. plus being the saas bahu channel 🥱 ... what is more interesting here is to see what time slot does the show go on ... does it replace some already on air show or take the 10.30 pm slot owing to the theme of the show cos some of the new shows def arent doing half as well as their predecessors

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashizin thumbnail
thanks for sharing life in metro was nice movie i watched his show love story it had a good concept but that was flop show i was not regular  watcher of that show so can't comment more abt ,abt starone i think it has needed some fresh air for them lets see what will happen , and for slot this is good bashed and good PH's slot i think they will try to promote this show with good slot of time may be its turn for any on air so to be replaced with this 
1gunjan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Dear Aahana Thanks 4 sharing the article with us all🤗...............U know I saw this article while surfing net But Didnt bother 2 read it I thought Kya karna read karkey chodo😆...But When I Saw ur post abt article then I thought 2 myself Gunjan its ur buddy Aahana's post So u should read it and I decided yes I Will Definately read it as its aahana's post and Thanks 2 U I read it 🤗..........................

Life in a metro was a Nice movie ..............And I saw anurag kashyap's Love story on Sab Tv And I agree with Aashi it had a good concept But Show was not that good it was a flop show so I watched it Only sometimes ...............................But This Movie Life in a metro was good movie ....Lets see How the Televised version of this movie does On TV...............

But U know what Aahana I have seen whenever a Televised version of a movie had been made it had never turned out well in the long run Starting is nice but when the story Progressess further it looses its Touch n The base n Show Becomes boring n Flop in the End....................I hope this show doesnt become flop in the long run as Tv Needs Good Shows......As aaj kal Mostly shows are boring accept few.....................

Man Why did MJHT End......I am Missing MJHT n Sajan So so Much😭...............MJht Was the Most AWESOME N Rocking show Of Tv 👍🏼👏..............I hope we get 2 see our Januable Monaya On Tv soon............................😍..Monaya Rock👏........................
Edited by 1gunjan7 - 13 years ago
Shilpa.Agarwal thumbnail
hmmmm.......nice yaar.......lukn forward!
samratrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thnks for sharriinggg
saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing!