Gulaal

The fall of Durgesh

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

soapbubble

IF-Dazzler

soapbubble

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
I'm so disappointed with this Durgesh character turning out to be an out and out negative character.
First, how can a Maa ka Bhakt, a person with so much love in their hearts, be so vindictive?
Second, it would have been more interesting had they kept him grey because our sympathies would have been divided. But to target Reva, and then the entire Mota Ba family because of what happened to him is unfair.
Now I just feel he's been cast negative, so accept it. Not really convinced about the character now.

What do you guys think?
Bubble

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anupamgocendejoy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The fall of Durgesh" in Gulaal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chronic

Goldie

chronic

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 1:46am | IP Logged
^ I really don't think that there is such a thing as grey characters in Indian TV...the characters are either totally positive or totally negative...unfortunately, that's just how it goes with these desi soaps. Even if a particular character was intended by the writers to be morally grey...the writers still somehow manage to ruin the characterization in one way or another and turn them into the stereotypical good or evil types...There seems to be an inability to write truly intriguing and complex characters in desi TV.

Edited by chronic - 28 December 2010 at 1:53am

soapbubble

IF-Dazzler

soapbubble

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged
hmm, yeah, I suppose sooner or later, the characters have to 'commit' to positive or negative. Smile

In any case, I find Dushyant far more relatable as a bad guy - I can't understand how someone like Durgesh who is supposed to be so devout can suddenly turn around and hurt someone who wasn't even responsible for his hurt. Maybe they're showing him as unreliable anyway - wanted Gulaal to cooperate in his disguised life and when that didn't work, just lashed out.

anyway, but the series is fairly gripping right now.
Bubble

shinningstar

Goldie

shinningstar

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
actually he hides his weakness in name of devi bhakt...he is no bhakt!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.