Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina in Prakash Jha's Satsang

ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 8:18pm | IP Logged

Katrina in Prakash Jha's Satsang

By: Subhash K Jha   Date:  2010-12-28   Place: Mumbai
Katrina gets set to play a woman robed in ochre and in search of spirituality in the Prakash Jha film

After opting out of Prakash Jha's Aarakshan, Katrina Kaif plays the central character in Satsang, the director's upcoming film exposing the multi-billion global religion factory in India.

After a critically acclaimed performance in Raajneeti, Kat seems dead serious about getting into serious non-glamorous roles.

However, her role in Satsang is so complex that even Jha was not sure, initially, if the actress could deliver.

"It would be the most challenging part of my career so far," says Katrina, who played a pivotal character in the director's Raajneeti.

In Satsang, she doesn't just play the central character, but also a semi-autobiographical character. The character of a woman from the West in search of Oriental spiritualism is modelled on a real-life character.

This will be a startling departure from her glamorous image .The decision to do Satsang came after much brainstorming between the actress and director.

Even before Raajneeti, Jha was sure that Kat was perfect for the part in Satsang in terms of physical appearance.

He realised she could deliver the strength required by the central character in Satsang while shooting for the political thriller.

In Satsang, Kat will don ochre robes and will appear without makeup. She would also have to get informed on the intricacies of the multi-billion religious industry in India."

KK's up to the task. She says, confidently, "Prakashji and I have discussed the part in detail. This is one film that I've do the most preparation for. I'm open to the challenge."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

sinamika IF-Achieverz
sinamika
sinamika

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Nice hope she does it well i liked her in rajneeti too 
.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
I liked her in Rajneeti too. But she failed flat on her face in the speech scene in terms of performance.  Well, wish her the best of luck on this movie.

Kim75

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:49pm | IP Logged

I really hope this is true! it sounds fantastic and for sure a great role! I really hope its a huge role unlike in Raajneeti! Party

Micky_elle Goldie
Micky_elle
Micky_elle

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Well this was what they had said about her role in Rajneeti, and then she hardly had any role in the film. It was disappointing!!
I hope she will be given more screen space in satsang along with a powerful role!!

Katalicious

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top