Should Bwood actors stop attempting Hwood? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Well I guess it all depends upon the actor/actress and what they are capable of doing. Frankly I don't see the fascination with Btown stars trying their luck in Hollywood. Hollywood & Bollywood are just about equal. Hollywood is just a bit more ORIGINAL with their scripts.

If an actor/actress hasn't made their mark in Bollywood, then I don't think it is worth taking the risk in Hollywood. I think you should be an established star in Bollywood first.

Honestly I just wish our well known bollywood stars just stuck to bollywood instead of worrying about worldwide recognition!

I have to respectfully disagree!! I'm sorry but the writing and performances produced in HW are way more phenomenal than those in BW! And the prove of this is the award ceremonies and nomination list....I'm sorry, but BW does not produce the MAX QUALITY cinema....BW is the biggest film industry producing a lot of films, but not producing films with the same level of originality(which I see you referenced) and performance standards!

Let's look at this year....according to critics and nomination lists, Best Actors include SRK, SK, HR and looking at the Golden Globe list some nominees are Colin Firth, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, Ryan Gosling...and honestly Colin's performance in The King's Speech was far superior to SRK's autistic and def SK's robin hood inspired police officer....honestly if these are the ppl that are nominated for this level of performance than of course BW actors  def can't make in HW! I'm a HUGE Ash fan and love her as Nandini, Paro, Bino, and Neeru....but that level of performance is nothing compared to Meryl Streep in Juile and Julia, Sandra in Blindside, or even Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine!

Also, I don't know why but I feel like the Indian audience has a different sense of entertainment value than American audiences...a film like Houseful or Dabang couldn't work in America, but films like Inception and Knight and Day did apparently quite well in India (did I heard from my friend who was in India when the films released there...so not positive on this for sure)! But my point is that BW actors have a different mindset for performing and acting so they can't really succeed in HW! 

Furthermore, kissing was a taboo 10 years ago and looked down upon and labeled as vulgar...and finally BW have embraced this and incorporated it into films, however, it still looks awkward! And in HW kissing is like a natural thing and if Indian actors don't feel comfy doing kissing...even small pecks on the lips...than nope they aren't gonna make it!!

All in all, BW and HW are totally separate and BW should stop trying to imitate HW b/c they fail miserable while doing so and I know there is originality in India, but that gets overshadowed by the lame attempts to re-make HW successes! BW actors should just stick to this industry b/c BW style acting and films are totally different from HW films and I personally don't think any BW can be a huge HW star!! I really hope Anil Kapoor or someone proves me wrong! 

BTW: Cutie don't get mad....I wasn't writing all of this for you sweetie....just had a long discussion with a friend of mine recently since award season starts soon in HW and I had a lot of say!!!😆 Also CUTIE...100% agree with the rest!!! Sorry took so long to say that!😃
Edited by sweet coco - 13 years ago
Originally posted by sheee

Yes, Bollywood actors stop attempting Hollywood. Ash accomplished nothing!  Just made a fool of herself in Hollywood movies lol
Actually she didn't make a fool of herself...she experimented and didn't succeed, but def not her loss b/c she got to work with biggies like Colin Firth, Ben Kingsley, Steve Martin...she still had a good learning experience!
Wohoooo Bipasha!! Im excited to watch your movie, will watch it first day first show!~