The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nucleusoflove

jazzerette IF-Dazzler
jazzerette
jazzerette

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:26am | IP Logged
@AnjanaYYZ, bDgt.....

Had gone off for lunch....

Ok....first of all there is isn't much I can without access to a proper legal library. I have already reported the latest judgment by Mr. Dhingra, J. and it sums up the whole issue completely. Google mata is not to be relied upon in such matters so I am short of material here. 

Both of you are mostly coming up with cases-studies which have no connection with Indian Law...so can't comment on them. 

And is there something to bar individuals being sued instead of jurnos when they are publishing/blogging in a public forum? 
Why is it so hard for us to be seen as just another group of fans who have their own point of view. Report the threads....close the threads...but why come out and put us in a bracket of offenders. The court may not even prima facie find a case of defamation here. One reason being that the influential value of our words will be taken into account...which is next to nil. How can a bunch of people on a forum that discusses celebrities be considered as an influential group? Yes the journos in such cases our treated strictly because they are undeniably in a position to influence others. Their station in society ensues that authority in their words.Under Indian Penal Code there are cases where courts have held that being entrusted with greater public responsibility journos are dealt with in a serious manner.

And I repeat again.....my only contention is do not use a word that denotes a crime in such a easy manner. It may not be productive...it may not be the proper code of conduct....but it is still way off from being criminal.

@Anjana....I am a corporate lawyer...specializing in Indian Contract Act....but abhi I feel I also should have opted for a side-by-side diploma in Cyber law....else I ended up with a diploma in AstrologyROFL

Edited by jazzerette - 28 December 2010 at 4:27am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashiPreethi-PremiArwen.Rolzz_innocent_

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:43am | IP Logged
@Jazz: I know of a Tamil actress who got a sum [can't disclose the amount or the party] on morphed pictures alone - yes sometimes something innocent and FUN could turn into a crime based on the aftermath of such an act or event and it all depends on how you present the case - the glass can be either half full or half empty - so I rest my case counselor

Edited by bDgT - 28 December 2010 at 4:47am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jazzeretteArwen.

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Finally, you suggested closing the threads, that was what was precisely done - the mods closed 2 threads out of 15 threads of Jake before they started to attack the moderators for discrimination. NOW how fair is that??? When the same mods have closed 100s of threads that violated TERMS of USE and Code of Conduct of IF. The thing is should Jake's threads be kept open just because it is Jake if they violate COC and TOS? While they should close all threads irrespective of whether it is friend of foe, when TOS and COC are violated?

CLOSING the THREADS:

Was that not the reason for all this hoopla and cries of discrimination and FB pages of "We hate GEET IF mods, replace them" and noises elsewhere.

When a thread violated the WEB SITE's TERMS of USE, that has been closed on being reported by several parties, and hence came all the backlash against the IF Mods, and you are saying that why don't they do it. That is precisely what they did before this debate started with charges of discrimination thrown against the IF Geet forums mods that they are doin' so-and-so against so-and-so when the EVIDENCE proves to the contrary. So tell me where is justice?

RituparnaaArwen.

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 5:06am | IP Logged
@Bri - here you go ROFL Fish Biryani ROFLROFLROFL so go feed your brain ROFL

Edited by Arwen... - 28 December 2010 at 5:07am
anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 6:31am | IP Logged
If I am not wrong, earlier to Jyo, Tomiko was mod here. And he/she was similarly blamed for closing Jake's Topics?

Ankita_88Rituparnaa

_innocent_ IF-Addictz
_innocent_
_innocent_

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 6:52am | IP Logged
topic still onLOLLOL.. only a changed in title...LOL

Edited by _innocent_ - 28 December 2010 at 6:52am
Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 28 December 2010 at 7:21am | IP Logged
yaha pe toh LAW ke bade bade matters disclose ho rahe hain...i m kinda scaresd....kitne saare law ke students hain yaaha pe yaar ?????????ROFL
ROFLROFLROFLROFL
me  toh aachhi bachhi....Electronics student.....though i have a very little knowledge on my own subject tooo.....ROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

varshrveil_of_rosesRituparnaa

Go to top