Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
P.S. Jazz - wats ur legal specialization?  Mine are criminal😈 and administrative law (weird combo). 🤣 ðŸ¤£  I really shud sleep - i have like 6 facta  i wanna finish before new years... 

Jyothi & Rollz- why do i get the feeling ur enjoying our entirely off topic intellectual freakshow😡😆😆  
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 13 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
An, Bri, Jazz do u guys need something to eat or drink??? 🤣🤣🤣

on a serious note ... am loving this discussion 😊
Edited by Arwen... - 13 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Arwen - some biryani🤣...okkie its 6am...am off to sleep😎  i have quite the to do list for tomorrow wait today thank babaji it's theoretically a day off
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Anj here u go 🤣🤣🤣

yeh get some sleep now 😛
bDgT thumbnail
Anj: 🤣 sleep chica

Arwen: I could do with some brain food 😆

Okay folks, here is one interesting story.

A bank mailed a wrong statement to an email account holder of a record it was supposed to send it's processing department.

So what did it do?

It asked the email provider to suspend services for the emailer for a wrong he did not do.

And the email provider complied and suspended the account of the one that got the mail.

Now who's crime was it? The BANK's clerk.

Who paid the price for this crime? The receiver who was a bystander.

So if tomorrow IF gets sued for something someone does, how gr8 is that, haan!!!!
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago
Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Ok now i heard both sides of the arguement! but now the question is where is the JUDGE!!!!

😡😡 Jazi Anjana and Bri scared the judge! He is running to fetch his book!! I just saw him running out of the courtroom!!!!😆😆

We now know more law points than before!!thanks girls!!!
Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

Arwen - some biryani🤣...okkie its 6am...am off to sleep😎  i have quite the to do list for tomorrow wait today thank babaji it's theoretically a day off

Biryani at 6 in the morning!!! without having slept the whole night coz we peeps kept you awake!!!

Anjana you are calling the word called 'acidity' to your doorstep!!!!😆
nucleusoflove thumbnail
omg

that biriyani looks so good right now😭

discuss law over some biriyani?

mujhe manzzor hai😛😛
Edited by nucleusoflove - 13 years ago
Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Originally posted by: nucleusoflove

omg

that biriyani looks so good right now😭

discuss law over some biriyani?

mujhe manzzor hai😛😛

Hmmm ok lets start 'biryani with Anju Jazz and Bri!!!' What say!😉
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@AnjanaYYZ, bDgt.....

Had gone off for lunch....

Ok....first of all there is isn't much I can without access to a proper legal library. I have already reported the latest judgment by Mr. Dhingra, J. and it sums up the whole issue completely. Google mata is not to be relied upon in such matters so I am short of material here. 

Both of you are mostly coming up with cases-studies which have no connection with Indian Law...so can't comment on them. 

And is there something to bar individuals being sued instead of jurnos when they are publishing/blogging in a public forum? 
Why is it so hard for us to be seen as just another group of fans who have their own point of view. Report the threads....close the threads...but why come out and put us in a bracket of offenders. The court may not even prima facie find a case of defamation here. One reason being that the influential value of our words will be taken into account...which is next to nil. How can a bunch of people on a forum that discusses celebrities be considered as an influential group? Yes the journos in such cases our treated strictly because they are undeniably in a position to influence others. Their station in society ensues that authority in their words.Under Indian Penal Code there are cases where courts have held that being entrusted with greater public responsibility journos are dealt with in a serious manner.

And I repeat again.....my only contention is do not use a word that denotes a crime in such a easy manner. It may not be productive...it may not be the proper code of conduct....but it is still way off from being criminal.

@Anjana....I am a corporate lawyer...specializing in Indian Contract Act....but abhi I feel I also should have opted for a side-by-side diploma in Cyber law....else I ended up with a diploma in Astrology🤣

Edited by jazzerette - 13 years ago