Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:43am | IP Logged

ok heres the story ur a new bride/groom would u stay wiv the In-laws or would u want a house of ya own ??

i want all views explanation is optional

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "In laws or Own House?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Henna 786

IF-Stunnerz

Henna 786

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:43am | IP Logged
sorry if topic is posted b4 Wink

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:57am | IP Logged
well, this to me is a matter of personal choice. As a Indian girl I have been brought up with the belief that marriage is bond/relashion between two family apart from two soul. Specially, in arrage marriage its more of building relashion between two families. I have seen my parents living with their parents and that's pretty much the case with people around me throughout my upbringing.

Yes, it is hard to live in joint family compared to nuclear family. It's simple rule that more the people there are more difference of openion. Its same if you live with your own brother, sister, father, mother, grandparents. With you and your spouse you are only 2 people so it's easier to make decision. I think as a typical indian my "own" house is not different that my "in-laws" it's just one house. But as again it's matter of individual choice and it has lot to do with your upbringing environment.

Also, I think when you are young like 20 just fresh graduate from college and get married, it's easy for you to mold and stay in joint family and get adjusted to that lifestyle. However, once you get older say 26, 28 have been working or probably living alone in different city and independent then it gets little harder for one to live with in-laws or in joint family after marriage.

Edited by bgdesai - 21 December 2005 at 9:00am

simi1295

Goldie

simi1295

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
i have always lived in a joint family. my brother and his wife are with us in the same house. and when i get married i would also want that.. i want to live in fmaily that has alot of ppl in it. like brothers sisters, uncles, aunts and kids.. i'd love that, its like a party everyday.. i know its hard but for me, id love a joint fmaily household. bc otherwise i'd get sick of just seeing my hubby.. Wink (j/k)

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

Nice topic

Okay, I would want my own home cuz well it would be my home and I can live freely. And cuz Im new to my in-laws..I would have to live up to there expectations which sometimes can get hard. So I would say my own home.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Own home any day . I gave a detailed argument on this same topic before !! Smile

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
I agree with you Simi. I would love to get married and live in a joint family. The more people the more merrier. I want to live with parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters and maybe even add in a pet. But again, I prefer joint family over nuclear family. Its gets lonely if its only you and your husband or vice-versa. The atmosphere is better with more people.

But I guess it all depends on personal choice. Some people like to live seperately and some like to live with everyone.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
i wud want my own home....but if my in laws r co operating and adjusting i have no probs otherwise.... Tongue Tongue Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top