Joyride..not bad at all - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by prettywoman

finally i think how we can explain baaji reaching early.. the TOI article on how the lightman lost his life unfortunately mentioned that a romantic song was being shot on the lead pair when this happened. shoot was cancelled that night, and as porbably not much of the song was canned, they decided to nbot include the song at all. now if the song was included in the proceedings, we would not have felt that baaji reached early, hai na.. and just cos of that we feel there is something missing and the epi was jumpy whereas in fact it probably was an unfortunate situation that lead to this..

i am not gonna speculate on D singing.. will see what unfolds tomorrow before i get into thatπŸ˜›
i just read your post, and maybe your right this had something to do with the overall episode and the facial expressions..and maybe it will impact tomorrows episode.   in which case its completely understandableEdited by Hessa85 - 13 years ago
I agree with u Liz.. and Vandhu ..nothing for me to add.. 😊 

I really liked Tasha interaction ... it was different then the usual stuff we are getting since 2 weeks.. 

liked the interaction between Baaji and Sudharshan .. and also last scene between AS and Dutta 😊 

very well written Liz. I think tuesday's epi willbe worth watching.Hope we could have some Tasha's romance.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Agree with u Liz, n also Hessa has a point though, why does dutta still think that nakku is tryg to be manipulative with him when he knows thats not true at all.  This upset me too.

You know, I have to say this - your thread is like a cool breeze today! I just got done catching up with LTL today (Yes, yes! I'm all caught up! *does cartwheels* πŸ˜†) and maybe it's my marathon viewing of the show, but in my opinion I haven't seen anything "wrong" with the show at all. *ducks from flying chappals*   

Arey, arey! Hear me out! 😳

Every track I saw in my catch-up marathon, made sense if I just waited long enough to watch the next couple of episodes. Even the Nakku-hiding-the-trust-before-marriage track (Yes, I was that far behind on the show, that I just caught up on it this weekend) made sense once I saw her interaction with AS before the wedding events began. And if a track that was as big a mess as that made sense to me and was acceptable, I really don't find it hard to stomach a bit of a time-space-continuum error in today's episode or put up with a bit of a family gathering. πŸ˜† To me, I liked the idea of a family gathering - it's different and sort of cozy. In fact I'll go as far as to say that it made me feel a little nostalgic - I remember sitting together with my family (extended family and all) at whim when I was back home, just because we were all there and could throw the plan together. So if I ignore the fact that it took Dutta longer than necessary to reach home and therefore allowing for the get-together to be set up, I can totally appreciate the idea that people with money to spare can get something as extensive as this, set up at whim. And since I choose to ignore those minute bloopers (honestly, they are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things πŸ˜†) the show's great. It's better than many. We get 1-2 bloopers in a week or two and I can live with that. I've seen shows with 4-5 bloopers in one EPISODE! Toh ye toh kuch bhi nahi.. 🀣 And it's a show yaar - I'm not sure I can judge them to give me perfection each time - I think the bloopers and W*H-ish story lines are just as important for the show as good ones. If everything's great, what exactly am I going to laugh at?! We got the best jokes during the Mavali-Supriya tracks and if that track didn't have bloopers and nonsense-storylines I'm not sure what did! (A boyfriend telling his girlfriend to SEDUCE a don as opposed to just making a run for it? Seriously! Could it get any lamer than that! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣)

About DN's character groW*H - I haven't seen a "stagnation" in the story. Or let me rephrase, I haven't need an un-natural stagnation in the story. Sure, we were given the feeling that Dutta was stuck in that "I hate you in the day and love you by night" routine for the past couple of weeks, but come on yaar! That is totally Dutta!! I mean this is the same man that turned into an angry reclusive don and STAYED that way for 7 years (first it was 10 years but ab Seema says it's been 7 toh maybe it is 7..? 🀣) - if he can let a betrayal from someone he simply cared for (like Seema) fester for SEVEN years, is it really that unbelievable that he will find it hard to move past the betrayal he got from the woman he truly loved? And to take this one step forward, is it really that hard then to understand that the family (Baji and co.) have to PUSH him to acceptance through these parties or any other whacky (by normal standards) ways? *nervous muh*.. To me that's okay.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And lastly, when Dutta "accused" Nakku of trying to seduce him by her beauty I did NOT see it as his doubting her intentions.. Come on yaar, the guy is trying desperately to grasp at ANY logic that will allow him to continue hating her. We hear his "accusations" and cause uproar - but we ignore his plea-esque comment when he asks her "WHY she comes to save him every time" in the beginning?! Honestly, anything Dutta says now should not be taken at face value. He's being stubborn - as we should all know by now that he would, because that man is stubborn as a mule! And I really find his antics more adorable and amusing than upseting. When he accused Nakku of trying to "seduce him with beauty", I totally laughed and shook my head. πŸ˜† I mean LOOK at his face when he says this! The blatant way he is trying to harden his expression is proof that the repetition of Nakku's "faults" by him are now more to convince HIMSELF to hate her, than to convince her that he does... 😍

*realizes she probably didn't make any sense*

*sigh*

Sorry Liz! I totally rambled in your thread.. And I still don't know if I made any sense.. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣  *offers Pepsi as truce*

Khair, this could all just be me and my optimism at its best. Plus I've learned to trust the CVs implicitly.. *nervous giggles* πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Thanks guys for your replies! I know y'day's episode has evoked mixed reactions from you all. I'm cross posting from another thread, my viewpoints about why I liked the episode, and why the precap doesn't seem that crazy to me! And trust me, I say this with complete conviction, I am not just being optimistic! Tell me if you agree with me!

This was my reply to Shilpita's murad puri hui post:

Sometimes, it's all a matter of perspective. We have idolized Dutta, and he is for us, that embodiment of perfection. In the sense that his actions however harsh they may be, can never be silly. However, the truth is something else. Dutta would've been a different person if seema hadn't happened. He would've lived, laughed loved with his whole heart. He would've sung and danced like any other guy. Right now, we expect him to stick to our conformed notions of the don Dutta. We can't afford to see him make a fool of himself by doing something as silly as singing!

Now that i think of it, why not! Like you said, Dutta has the soul of a poet. He is different from other men. And you're right when you say that till now he was only in love with the idea of love and stability. Now that love has struck, it's uprooted his stone walls of indifference and safety. Love has cut open all his wounds again, and Dutta is, for the first time ever, questioning all his beliefs. Everything he believed in has proved to be wrong for love is not about security or joy. It is about taking the greatest risk of all, it is about daring to cut open your soul, it is about getting hurt. This is the kind of love he's discovering, and it is his salvation too. He is falling in love the way Naku did. By walking over a hundred swords. This man was made for love, not hate. And that is his war.

Thanks again for this post. See, this is why i love this forum with its diverse viewpoints. Mwaah.

The song speaks of Dutta's pain. Brilliant selection!
Edited by lizdarcy - 13 years ago
@Liz: I like your post with respect to Dutta's singing but I usually don't comment on precaps 😳 - it opens a whole array of "what-ifs" for me and then my mind goes crazy.. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 But like you said, I don't see why he can't do it. Although I'll wait to see how it's executed tomorrow before I pass any judgement - positive or negative.. 😳
Originally posted by -Fivr-

You know, I have to say this - your thread is like a cool breeze today! I just got done catching up with LTL today (Yes, yes! I'm all caught up! *does cartwheels* πŸ˜†) and maybe it's my marathon viewing of the show, but in my opinion I haven't seen anything "wrong" with the show at all. *ducks from flying chappals*   

Arey, arey! Hear me out! 😳

Every track I saw in my catch-up marathon, made sense if I just waited long enough to watch the next couple of episodes. Even the Nakku-hiding-the-trust-before-marriage track (Yes, I was that far behind on the show, that I just caught up on it this weekend) made sense once I saw her interaction with AS before the wedding events began. And if a track that was as big a mess as that made sense to me and was acceptable, I really don't find it hard to stomach a bit of a time-space-continuum error in today's episode or put up with a bit of a family gathering. πŸ˜† To me, I liked the idea of a family gathering - it's different and sort of cozy. In fact I'll go as far as to say that it made me feel a little nostalgic - I remember sitting together with my family (extended family and all) at whim when I was back home, just because we were all there and could throw the plan together. So if I ignore the fact that it took Dutta longer than necessary to reach home and therefore allowing for the get-together to be set up, I can totally appreciate the idea that people with money to spare can get something as extensive as this, set up at whim. And since I choose to ignore those minute bloopers (honestly, they are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things πŸ˜†) the show's great. It's better than many. We get 1-2 bloopers in a week or two and I can live with that. I've seen shows with 4-5 bloopers in one EPISODE! Toh ye toh kuch bhi nahi.. 🀣 And it's a show yaar - I'm not sure I can judge them to give me perfection each time - I think the bloopers and W*H-ish story lines are just as important for the show as good ones. If everything's great, what exactly am I going to laugh at?! We got the best jokes during the Mavali-Supriya tracks and if that track didn't have bloopers and nonsense-storylines I'm not sure what did! (A boyfriend telling his girlfriend to SEDUCE a don as opposed to just making a run for it? Seriously! Could it get any lamer than that! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣)

About DN's character groW*H - I haven't seen a "stagnation" in the story. Or let me rephrase, I haven't need an un-natural stagnation in the story. Sure, we were given the feeling that Dutta was stuck in that "I hate you in the day and love you by night" routine for the past couple of weeks, but come on yaar! That is totally Dutta!! I mean this is the same man that turned into an angry reclusive don and STAYED that way for 7 years (first it was 10 years but ab Seema says it's been 7 toh maybe it is 7..? 🀣) - if he can let a betrayal from someone he simply cared for (like Seema) fester for SEVEN years, is it really that unbelievable that he will find it hard to move past the betrayal he got from the woman he truly loved? And to take this one step forward, is it really that hard then to understand that the family (Baji and co.) have to PUSH him to acceptance through these parties or any other whacky (by normal standards) way? *nervous muh*.. To me that's okay.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And lastly, when Dutta "accused" Nakku of trying to seduce him by her beauty I did NOT see it as his doubting her intentions.. Come on yaar, the guy is trying desperately to grasp at ANY logic that will allow him to continue hating her. We hear his "accusations" and cause uproar - but we ignore his plea-esque comment when he asks her "WHY she comes to save him every time" in the beginning?! Honestly, anything Dutta says now should not be taken at face value. He's being stubborn - as we should all know by now that he would, because that man is stubborn as a mule! And I really find his antics more adorable and amusing than upseting. When he accused Nakku of trying to "seduce him with beauty", I totally laughed and shook my head. πŸ˜† I mean LOOK at his face when he says this! The blatant way he is trying to harden his expression is proof that the repetition of Nakku's "faults" by him are now more to convince HIMSELF to hate her, than to convince her that he does... 😍

*realizes she probably didn't make any sense*

*sigh*

Sorry Liz! I totally rambled in your thread.. And I still don't know if I made any sense.. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣  *offers Pepsi as truce*

Khair, this could all just be me and my optimism at its best. Plus I've learned to trust the CVs implicitly.. *nervous giggles* πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Thanks yaar, for this reply! Sometimes, when I get accused of being all optimistic in the face of lame episodes, I tend to believe it. It's nice to know there are others who still have conviction in the show. πŸ˜ƒ

I was with Naku when she decided to hide her face before the marriage. I mean, I was worried about her apparent lack of guilt, but the CVs upheld my faith with the beautiful, beautiful marriage!! Sara had to remind me of LTL's teaser promo, that is when it hit me, that Dutta marrying the dark Naku was the fulfilment of the promise made to us in that promo. Main thamoonga uska haath...

The SR was the most aesthetically shot scene ever...Dutta pouring out his heart to a worried Naku. I have never seen a more beautiful SR ever.  

Then again, Dutta's rootha hua pati act is getting on everyone's nerves. I must admit, I was one of the multitude throwing stones at him when he called her manhoos! And then again, I was dead scared when they introduced the third angle. For a show like LTL to bring in such a cheap track, it worried me silly! I thought they'd lost it! BUT again, the CVs humbled me! Suresh was brought in so that we'd see Dutta reaffirming his faith, his love for Naku. I have never seen that happen in any show. Indian husbands are dumb when it comes to such situations! Not our unpredictable, grumpy Dutta!

The last two weeks have been weird, with odd editing glitches, supernormal scenes and stuff! But I have never watched this show because it is perfect. I keep saying it, that I love LTL with its bloopers and glitches. They could treat me to the most ridiculous scenes ever, but I will love it as long as it keeps away from the beaten path. The treatment, that is what makes all the bloopers ineffective. I know that something's changed from the beginning, but the essence of LTL, it's still there. There's still that honesty about each scene, and i watch it for the love story. As long as the love story is interesting, I'll keep watching it!

Dutta being lover by night, and stranger by day....that kinda intrigued me. I love the way they're showing it. And the fact that he's fighting it so hard, that makes their love story all the more passionate! It will be rewarding to watch Dutta finally open his heart to love and let it conquer his soul.

All I can say is, I love love love this story of the adamant, impulsive don and his journey towards redemption and love!
Originally posted by lizdarcy

Thanks yaar, for this reply! Sometimes, when I get accused of being all optimistic in the face of lame episodes, I tend to believe it. It's nice to know there are others who still have conviction in the show. πŸ˜ƒ

Fikar not yaar! I am an eternal optimist too! πŸ˜†

I was with Naku when she decided to hide her face before the marriage. I mean, I was worried about her apparent lack of guilt, but the CVs upheld my faith with the beautiful, beautiful marriage!! Sara had to remind me of LTL's teaser promo, that is when it hit me, that Dutta marrying the dark Naku was the fulfilment of the promise made to us in that promo. Main thamoonga uska haath...

It wasn't just the marriage for me - it was that one scene when AS intercepts Nakku on her way to Dutta that reaffirmed my faith in her and in the track. She never meant to hide it from him! She was just scared of losing the one man she loved after having known what it's like to have his love - *sigh* Toh it makes perfect sense that she's scared. But the fact that she walked to Dutta with the intention of telling him BEFORE the wedding festivities began is proof to me that she didn't want to go through the wedding under the cloak of a lie. She took a long time to prep herself but fear makes us do crazy things - and why shouldn't she be allowed to be afraid when in the END, in the moment of truth, she DID pick Dutta over her! Sadly, once she was intercepted by AS and later by Kala, the issue was out of her hands. Once Kala got in the picture, there was no way AS wasn't going to be manipulated and with Nakku at her most confused/vulnerable a push in the wrong direction is all it took for the effort to be derailed. Khair I can go on and on about this, but this is water under the bridge and for those that didn't catch up this weekend, we're all well past it.. πŸ˜†

The SR was the most aesthetically shot scene ever...Dutta pouring out his heart to a worried Naku. I have never seen a more beautiful SR ever.  

Then again, Dutta's rootha hua pati act is getting on everyone's nerves. I must admit, I was one of the multitude throwing stones at him when he called her manhoos!

But he was angry! I mean Nakku's mere presence pushes his buttons and he's a man that says and does unexpected things in anger. I don't think there was any other way he would act at that point! To me that behavior was totally expected.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And then again, I was dead scared when they introduced the third angle. For a show like LTL to bring in such a cheap track, it worried me silly! I thought they'd lost it! BUT again, the CVs humbled me! Suresh was brought in so that we'd see Dutta reaffirming his faith, his love for Naku. I have never seen that happen in any show. Indian husbands are dumb when it comes to such situations! Not our unpredictable, grumpy Dutta!

The last two weeks have been weird, with odd editing glitches, supernormal scenes and stuff! But I have never watched this show because it is perfect. I keep saying it, that I love LTL with its bloopers and glitches. They could treat me to the most ridiculous scenes ever, but I will love it as long as it keeps away from the beaten path. The treatment, that is what makes all the bloopers ineffective. I know that something's changed from the beginning, but the essence of LTL, it's still there. There's still that honesty about each scene, and i watch it for the love story. As long as the love story is interesting, I'll keep watching it!

Dutta being lover by night, and stranger by day....that kinda intrigued me. I love the way they're showing it. And the fact that he's fighting it so hard, that makes their love story all the more passionate! It will be rewarding to watch Dutta finally open his heart to love and let it conquer his soul.

All I can say is, I love love love this story of the adamant, impulsive don and his journey towards redemption and love!

@bold: Couldn't have said it better myself! I love LTL with all it's glitches and bloopers because the "good" gives me reason to overlook the "bad" to a point of reason. And so far, I don't feel that LTL has gone past that point of reason enough for me to call quits or even be upset. There are far more blah-shows that are around on TV.. LTL doesn't even come close.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Fivr! πŸ‘πŸΌ Great analysis.. Reminded me of Tins... 

@ lizzy... 

The song is indeed a wonderful choice! yesterday hi Maa was asking me  for  this song and another Amazing song by Kishor jee " Meray Naina sawan bhaao do"  lol .. what a coincidence ...  

anyways... its lyrics suits Dutta and his current situation PERFECTLY! 

coming to his singing the song .. i'll watch and comment .. waise bhi he has a thing for music  so agar woh gaa bhi leta hai tu usse koi zyada farq nahi perna chaiye .. ab lets see how they have picturised the song 😊 .  btw they didn't showed nakusha Singing a song which also points out the fact that may be she cant sing that well..  so, they kinda kept a few things in mind according to their characters..  apart from that .. ET can sing .. i remember there was a song seq in the beginning where all these three sisters were dancing around him while singing .. lol! later Supriya too did the singing.. and more then anything else.. its just a Fictional show.. 

so LTL is exactly the same .. nothing is wrong on that front.. again our fears .. or what we DONT want to see is over powering our mind..