Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Lets forsake CV's foolishness and let LTL live!

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:54am | IP Logged

I am at a loss as to the reaction which would be most appropriate to today's rendition of LTL from the CVs. Should we laugh or cry or just stare at the caricature. Christmas or New Year times are normally well suited for productions with extravagant incongruity between a subject and its treatment, almost closely related to parody. This is what we got in today's pre-cap as a foretaste of 28th December 2010, 1st anniversary of LTL.  We equated Nakusha's surprisingly taking to the wheels of Dutta's jeep as a wife being invested with superpowers to save her husband, but what do we do of Dutta singing "Manzilein?." with a bottle of wine or whatever around a bonfire! I started two threads on the 13th and 14th December with the deconstruction of LTL as subject matter and was tempted to do LTL Deconstruction Part 3 but what's the use as I just need to change some of the elements and replace them with the scenes of the day or those of the past week. CVs' it is still not too late as you have got a loyal audience which will even forsake foolishness and let LTL live, please do your best to do justice to our loyalty.

Here are snippets of the threads, I mentioned above and are all the more relevant on the eve of the LTL completing its first year on TV....a time for reflection and expectations.

CV's sad/lame deconstruction of the LTL fairy tale (Posted 13 DEC 2010)

What a lame and shameful attempt at deconstructing two characters' steadfastness and a beautiful story? We were all apprehensive about today's episode and CV's, true to their usual predictability did not surprise us

It would be totally demeaning now to show a Dutta involuntarily "dumbing down" and become like the run of the mill husband of many other serials on TV.

LTL DECONSTRUCTION PART 2 ? RESPONSE (Posted 14 Dec 2010)

My assumptions are based on my personal conviction/opinion as to CV's predictability as regards a trend, as rightly pointed by gp00 that is becoming tiring and sometimes almost pointless. No-one on this forum will deny that LTL has festered many a times because of its inability to avoid those annoying drag fests as seen over different phases since its inception. One may well argue that CVs' have taken all the time of the world to build on the characters during those different periods but they must realise that taxing the audience's patience repeatedly will eventually result in loss of viewership. Why is it that LTL has almost never managed to reach the top slot'.It is not rocket science. And this is a pity as it had the potential and fabulous performances which should have helped achieve the dream of every production house of the land. One must just have the guts to own up to that and the way the LTL audience is always taken for granted is not acceptable.

But the when did a story with a dark twist ever need to take on almost burlesque tones to buy time?

It is a wonder that Baaji did not get the Munni Badnaam dancers he had for Dutta's stag do to complete the spectacle. That would have been the limit!

LOLLOLLOL

Edited by KavitaDR - 27 December 2010 at 10:57am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

dikuloloshan2430notsorryrayjst-Roopa-pbtghoshmnx12kadduuFishfishgp00WanderbugPooja_219suhana19*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie--Huma-

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Nice post  kavita...

I have seen Cvs make mistake after mistake with the show...many ppl have equated this show to astitva and saans...i will never go that far in my love for ltl...yes i agree that it's one of the best shows running on TV today..but its not at that height of astiva, hasraatein, saans, koshish....those were far too sophisticated...we members don't want drama..but we forget it's genre is drama..i too had raised my expectations with the show too high and the show fell flat on its face...sorry...so now i enjoy it as what it's supposed to be..a drama...

Yes, Nakku driving stint was still unacceptable to me but Dutta singing is not...it seems like lesser of other evils..and anyhow i wanted him to sing..don't ask me why..i can't answer that..i just wanted him to sing...well, i draw the line at singing though. no drunk ball dancing for dutta around bonfire..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryrayjstKavitaDRkadduu--Sia--

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:09am | IP Logged
But what else can one do?When the heart & soul is captured & looted away by one Dutta Shriram Patil.Just have to endure another insult thrown by the CVs to my intelligence.Forsaking CVs foolishness & letting LTL live is the only way to go.But still how did it come to this? And more still is there any hope for redemption? A slow but steady chill went down my spine today seeing Mishal's distracted & bored expressions. Not that his acting was below par but his mind was definitely somewhere else.Can we blame him?
Thanks for the post.A good one as always.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shan2430KavitaDRnotsorrygp00

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I always see lots of reactionary threads/posts in this forum on the basis of previews/promos/precaps. Most times the CVs have pleasantly surprised us. Lets give them a chance before we mourn the death of the spirit of LTL and DSP.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sikkaisha-Roopa-desigrl414-Fivr-mnx12kabeeraspeaking

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged
@shilpita87
Nice post  kavita...

I have seen Cvs make mistake after mistake with the show...many ppl have equated this show to astitva and saans...i will never go that far in my love for ltl...yes i agree that it's one of the best shows running on TV today..but its not at that height of astiva, hasraatein, saans, koshish....those were far too sophisticated...we members don't want drama..but we forget it's genre is drama..i too had raised my expectations with the show too high and the show fell flat on its face...sorry...so now i enjoy it as what it's supposed to be..a drama...

Yes, Nakku driving stint was still unacceptable to me but Dutta singing is not...it seems like lesser of other evils..and anyhow i wanted him to sing..don't ask me why..i can't answer that..i just wanted him to sing...well, i draw the line at singing though. no drunk ball dancing for dutta around bonfire..
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Shilpi.
I have , today, joined the rank of the CVs and done an incomplete thread with my own version of flashbacks. LOLThere was no point as the one I mention dated 13th and 14th December 2010 are all the more relevant today.

I am happy that you mentioned Saans and even Astitva for that matter as they were at another level. I did not watch much of Astitva but Saans will remain an all time favourite for me. I am hopelessly sentimental about LTL beacause of Dutta and will carry on watching the show but CVs do need to buck up and put their act together. We deserve that much for ONE WHOLE YEAR OF LOYAL VIEWING!!!!.

As to your getting Dutta singing, chalo kissi ki murad to puri hui! Smile

Edited by KavitaDR - 27 December 2010 at 11:22am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryWanderbuggp00

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZubyDutta

But what else can one do?When the heart & soul is captured & looted away by one Dutta Shriram Patil.Just have to endure another insult thrown by the CVs to my intelligence.Forsaking CVs foolishness & letting LTL live is the only way to go.But still how did it come to this? And more still is there any hope for redemption? A slow but steady chill went down my spine today seeing Mishal's distracted & bored expressions. Not that his acting was below par but his mind was definitely somewhere else.Can we blame him?
Thanks for the post.A good one as always.Smile

About MR....I thought he looked tired and distracted in last week's episodes! But tonight he was fine as usual! I remember an interview where MR was explaining Dutta's reaction to the FR...he had said that Dutta "sehm jayega"....gradually giving in to love! I think it's that "sehma-hua" phase that Dutta's going through...he has accepted defeat in his mind...he is helplessly in love with a 'dhokebaaz', much against his principles! We haven't seen Dutta in this mood before!

Edited by sub_rosa - 27 December 2010 at 11:24am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDR-Roopa-mnx12gp00-Carrie-Anu-Reddy

suhana19 IF-Rockerz
suhana19
suhana19

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Hey kavita very nice postThumbs UpClapi always love reading ur post ..the way u explain and understand the depth of the characters.....very well written yaar .....iam still in shock with seeing so much going on LTL ...Cvs are doing wonders , sometimes naku jumping behind the wheel and now dutta signing like kishore da ....iam kind of disappointed with all this ....its losing it charmConfused....lets see what happens tomorrow....what more shock and suprises CVs have in stored in for us ...thanx yaar ...sorry to bore u with my comment...lol .. u take care and see ya around....love and hugs suhanaHug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorryKavitaDRgp00

KavitaDR Senior Member
KavitaDR
KavitaDR

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged
@kshreya2002

I always see lots of reactionary threads/posts in this forum on the basis of previews/promos/precaps. Most times the CVs have pleasantly surprised us. Lets give them a chance before we mourn the death of the spirit of LTL and DSP.[/QUOTE]

Dear Kshreya,

I am sorry if you find my post reactionary. I am , actually, expecting more but I am not in any way a lesser loyal viewer of LTL. This show has been the only one that I have followed almost religiously for one year and will be following  for God knows how long. And I am entiltled to voice my disappointment when such a beautiful creation keeps on taking a beating for reasons that are beyond logical limits of understanding.

I do not mean to offend anybody but I am only echoing what others have said in perhaps milder tones on the forum today. We do deserve better, dont you agree. I have even gone to the extent of saying Lets's forsake foolishness and let LTL live. Can I be more generous?

Edited by KavitaDR - 27 December 2010 at 11:31am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

notsorry

Go to top