Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Manzile apni jagah hai...murad hui puri edited (Page 2)

spandana11 IF-Rockerz
spandana11
spandana11

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Shilpa me to with you first of all thanks for creating this post ,I was shocked to see dutta sing but not wired or disappointed ,when he can play mouthorgan soft musics why can not he sing ,I want the scene to come good that is all ,and dutta was not don from beginning until he was grown up he is just a boy  to  next door and simple guy with many dreams so why can not he sing and why can not he have some soft qualities which are hiddenEmbarrassed

Edited by spandana11 - 27 December 2010 at 9:10pm

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lizdarcy

Shilpita, i love you for this post. Sometimes, it's all a matter of perspective. We have idolized Dutta, and he is for us, that embodiment of perfection. In the sense that his actions however harsh they may be, can never be silly. However, the truth is something else. Dutta would've been a different person if seema hadn't happened. He would've lived, laughed loved with his whole heart. He would've sung and danced like any other guy. Right now, we expect him to stick to our conformed notions of the don Dutta. We can't afford to see him make a fool of himself by doing something as silly as singing!

Now that i think of it, why not! Like you said, Dutta has the soul of a poet. He is different from other men. And you're right when you say that till now he was only in love with the idea of love and stability. Now that love has struck, it's uprooted his stone walls of indifference and safety. Love has cut open all his wounds again, and Dutta is, for the first time ever, questioning all his beliefs. Everything he believed in has proved to be wrong for love is not about security or joy. It is about taking the greatest risk of all, it is about daring to cut open your soul, it is about getting hurt. This is the kind of love he's discovering, and it is his salvation too. He is falling in love the way Naku did. By walking over a hundred swords. This man was made for love, not hate. And that is his war.

Thanks again for this post. See, this is why i love this forum with its diverse viewpoints. Mwaah.

The song speaks of Dutta's pain. Brilliant selection! Clap

Thank you liz...see nakku dancing in party i didn't like, ash milkshake i didn't like, nakku's character being in Question, i loathed...nakku's getting slapped i didn't have any opinion there, nakku driving...it was a nightmare i want to forget...but dutta singing is not out of character.....it is not ridiculous and it's not out of blue..it's just we forgot that poetic aspect of his character....i was missing that organ..they never showed it again after the dutta FB...i have used that particular hobby of his in my FF so much that it's not at all difficult for me to imagine him singing...maybe that's why..i don't only not mind the idea...i LOVE it...so sue me...but i simply love it...and i feel today will be an awesome episode...plz CVs meri naak mat katana!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcy

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
@Shilpita: I don't think I can comment on how well the song will fit or how it's executed until I see the next episode.. But I would like to comment on the idea of Dutta singing. Embarrassed 

Personally, like you said, Dutta has always been a man with a poetic heart to me. He plays a harmonica, he alters his life based on a betrayal in love (at least what he felt was love), he's a total idealist (friendship, loyalty, love, family all mean A LOT to him)... I mean, is it really that much of a surprise that he COULD sing? LOL

I feel that we're finding Dutta's singing a little hard to digest because to us it is a total dejavu of other shows that we feel might not be up to par with LTL in terms of execution. Because lets face it, leads have been lip-syncing to songs in shows long before this one sequence in LTL. So I really feel that the phobia we all suffer here (and I say we because even I reacted with dread initially) is because we have seen such "leads turned singer" sequences excuted in quite a shoddy manner and we are unintentionally associating that dread with this sequence too.

But I think if I can look past the shoddy precidents - if I can look at this sequence with fresh eyes, simply keeping the character graph and CV's execution in mind, I think I can appreciate the possibility of this sequence - the possibility of the idea that Dutta can sing, because like you said, there has really been no confirmation that says he can't and it isn't outside of his character to sing. Dutta the character has a lot of facets - he is Dutta the car mechanic, Dutta Bhao the don, Dutta who's a son, a friend and a brother AND  Dutta the lover. And as of right now, all of those personality-aspects are in conflict because he feels betrayed in every aspect of his life - his family betrayed him, his work is not being handled as impecably as it should be and the love of his life didn't find his love "enough" to trust him with her secret. He is striving to make sense of his inner turmoil... So I really think that a little tug of war, a little "abrupt" behavior is acceptable - because what might seem "out of character" for the Don-Dutta might not be so for the Mechanic-Dutta or the Lover-Dutta (i.e. just because Dutta didn't sing in his "don" avatar in the past year of the show doesn't mean that he wouldn't have sung and danced pre-Seema-betrayal Embarrassed). I think I'm going to give him time to find himself and come to terms with his inner turmoil before I judge him as being out-of-character.. but that's just me.. Embarrassed

Plus, the fact that I LOVE this song is just an added bonus for me.. Day DreamingLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lizdarcysub_rosaleft_forever--SONEE--ImmaculateDreamTheRager

Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

@Shilpita: I don't think I can comment on how well the song will fit or how it's executed until I see the next episode.. But I would like to comment on the idea of Dutta singing. Embarrassed 

Personally, like you said, Dutta has always been a man with a poetic heart to me. He plays a harmonica, he alters his life based on a betrayal in love (at least what he felt was love), he's a total idealist (friendship, loyalty, love, family all mean A LOT to him)... I mean, is it really that much of a surprise that he COULD sing? LOL

I feel that we're finding Dutta's singing a little hard to digest because to us it is a total dejavu of other shows that we feel might not be up to par with LTL in terms of execution. Because lets face it, leads have been lip-syncing to songs in shows long before this one sequence in LTL. So I really feel that the phobia we all suffer here (and I say we because even I reacted with dread initially) is because we have seen such "leads turned singer" sequences excuted in quite a shoddy manner and we are unintentionally associating that dread with this sequence too.

But I think if I can look past the shoddy precidents - if I can look at this sequence with fresh eyes, simply keeping the character graph and CV's execution in mind, I think I can appreciate the possibility of this sequence - the possibility of the idea that Dutta can sing, because like you said, there has really been no confirmation that says he can't and it isn't outside of his character to sing. Dutta the character has a lot of facets - he is Dutta the car mechanic, Dutta Bhao the don, Dutta who's a son, a friend and a brother AND  Dutta the lover. And as of right now, all of those personality-aspects are in conflict because he feels betrayed in every aspect of his life - his family betrayed him, his work is not being handled as impecably as it should be and the love of his life didn't find his love "enough" to trust him with her secret. He is striving to make sense of his inner turmoil... So I really think that a little tug of war, a little "abrupt" behavior is acceptable - because what might seem "out of character" for the Don-Dutta might not be so for the Mechanic-Dutta or the Lover-Dutta (i.e. just because Dutta didn't sing in his "don" avatar in the past year of the show doesn't mean that he wouldn't have sung and danced pre-Seema-betrayal Embarrassed). I think I'm going to give him time to find himself and come to terms with his inner turmoil before I judge him as being out-of-character.. but that's just me.. Embarrassed

Plus, the fact that I LOVE this song is just an added bonus for me.. Day DreamingLOL

*Fivr replied my post...pinch pinch*LOL

thanks for the looooooooooong reply and thanks for supporting a singing dutta.....i am sure it will be well executed..i am keeping my hopes up..Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-left_foreverImmaculateDream

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged

I so agree with ..it inner turmoil that we r gonna see today .... nd he does play the mouth organ , so he has ear for music ...why cannot he sing

Nd one thing I too have this feelling MR sucks at dancing ..I saw the quiz show ( not sue abt thename ,,,but it one with Madhavan ...) ..I was laughing to glory watching him dance .....oh ! he should not  do that in LTL ...Or it will be one comedy show ....

MR pls learn to shake ,  what ur momma gave u .. Wink
Wanderbug IF-Dazzler
Wanderbug
Wanderbug

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpio10

I so agree with ..it inner turmoil that we r gonna see today .... nd he does play the mouth organ , so he has ear for music ...why cannot he sing

Nd one thing I too have this feelling MR sucks at dancing ..I saw the quiz show ( not sue abt thename ,,,but it one with Madhavan ...) ..I was laughing to glory watching him dance .....oh ! he should not  do that in LTL ...Or it will be one comedy show ....

ShockedROFL....what was that!!!!ROFLROFL
.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shilpita87

Originally posted by scorpio10

ShockedROFL....what was that!!!!ROFLROFL
Well what I see the guy doesnot how to ... he should  learn to or else  he will be danicing  forever like he did on that show ... which is  a big No no ...scary ..I call dance like that topri ..or flimy stuff

Edited by scorpio10 - 27 December 2010 at 11:07pm
ImmaculateDream IF-Sizzlerz
ImmaculateDream
ImmaculateDream

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Nice post Shilpi! Hug 

I agree!! what a wonderful song Selection!!  the lyrics!! OMG!! they perfectly Suits Dutta ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

left_forever

Go to top