India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Gopi Bahu #1

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:34am | IP Logged

So Gopi got rewared with the #1 Bahu award. But why??? If we review everything Gopi has done in SNS, there is nothing so great that would give her such a title. So far all Gopi has done is wash dishs, cook food, obey her sasu and her husband with eyes down, and pooja phat. She has not done anything drastic or dramatic to save the day. That is one responsibility I can say that has not been fulfilled by Gopi. She jumped in the fire to save Hetal, but that was before the marriage. I don't know. I watch alot of the other shows as well, and many of the Bahu's are the same as Gopi, taking abuse and staying quite. But when it comes that some outsider tries to hurt her family, she becomes stronger. And to me that is a #1 bahu. Who knows her responsibilites both inside and outside her home.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-tellyaddict-

ImagineTV Senior Member
ImagineTV
ImagineTV

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:57am | IP Logged
This just unfair! Always the same people get nominated. From the same channels like STAR PLUS, COLORS or ZEE TV, this is the same in the ITA and Indian tellyawards. Never Sony TV , SAB TV, Imagine TV, STAR ONE or SAHARA ONE serials or actors some of them are 10x better than them
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ImagineTV

This just unfair! Always the same people get nominated. From the same channels like STAR PLUS, COLORS or ZEE TV, this is the same in the ITA and Indian tellyawards. Never Sony TV , SAB TV, Imagine TV, STAR ONE or SAHARA ONE serials or actors some of them are 10x better than them
people should get awarded for their work, not because of a channel or show. Yes, every year same actors and serials will be nominated as these are soaps and go on forever. Thus, they will have same characters nominated. However, at least let there be a good reason behind the reward. Not just because of the shows TRPs or how famous they are. The work should be awarded not the name

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saomom

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
I think it's only right Gopi get this award, as one thing you forgot is Gopi saved the day with the Mandir painting she started painting it the colour her Saas wanted (white from red...Jigar helped her remember), when it comes to cooking she doesn't make only one thing she makes all the mithais etc too, she wakes up earlier than 5am (as she is bathed and ready at 5am to go get milk from dood wallah, remember Kokila waking up Rashy at 5am to open the door for Gopi?), also when Gopi is purnished by Aham or Kokila she does not take out any frustrations or go to sulk anyway, she puts a smile on most of the time and carries on working in the Modi house, Akshara and the others most likely have the option to go home (parents when something happens in the saasural house) that the others like Suhana (SGP), an educated rich girl, is bubbly yes and helpful (in worldly matters but when she goes in kitchen not so good).  

I think Niveditha (Chand Chupa Badal Mein) should have scored a bit higher than 6th, i would rate her, as a Bahu, at either number 2, with Gopi at number 1, as Gopi seems to live to make other people's lives more comfortable, without a care into her on comfort sometimes. Remember Kinjals gift for Raksha Bandhan (Aham slept spilling Green tea on the sari, Gopi slept at 2.30am washing it by hand and drying it, which of the others would do the same? most likely send it to the dry cleaners our other Bahu's).
taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 27 December 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by WintersBloom

I think it's only right Gopi get this award, as one thing you forgot is Gopi saved the day with the Mandir painting she started painting it the colour her Saas wanted (white from red...Jigar helped her remember), when it comes to cooking she doesn't make only one thing she makes all the mithais etc too, she wakes up earlier than 5am (as she is bathed and ready at 5am to go get milk from dood wallah, remember Kokila waking up Rashy at 5am to open the door for Gopi?), also when Gopi is purnished by Aham or Kokila she does not take out any frustrations or go to sulk anyway, she puts a smile on most of the time and carries on working in the Modi house, Akshara and the others most likely have the option to go home (parents when something happens in the saasural house) that the others like Suhana (SGP), an educated rich girl, is bubbly yes and helpful (in worldly matters but when she goes in kitchen not so good).  

I think Niveditha (Chand Chupa Badal Mein) should have scored a bit higher than 6th, i would rate her, as a Bahu, at either number 2, with Gopi at number 1, as Gopi seems to live to make other people's lives more comfortable, without a care into her on comfort sometimes. Remember Kinjals gift for Raksha Bandhan (Aham slept spilling Green tea on the sari, Gopi slept at 2.30am washing it by hand and drying it, which of the others would do the same? most likely send it to the dry cleaners our other Bahu's).
I never said she has not done such things. But also there are other bahu's that have done such things such as Archu from Pavitra Rishta. She has nothing new to offer in my POV. everything she has done major so far is with the help of a second person. Hence, Jigar helping her. But regardless of that, she new the painter was painting it red, she should have told him to stop right there, and went and called someone, instead of saying "ji...maaji ne kaha?".........anyways thats not the point, the point is, that I don't think cooking and cleaning should even be considered a part of being a "good bahu". First of all that is the duty of a DIL to take care of her family. But more importantly I think another more important responsiblity is protecting her family. Someone that carries both qualites equally. You are right, Suhana isn't much of a great bahu (a good person, but not the ideal bahu) and same goes for Gopi, she is a good person, but I wouldn't consider a robot a great bahu. If it was my choice I would have given it to Koki. Technically, she is still a bahu as baa is still alive. lol LOL

Edited by taral83 - 27 December 2010 at 1:31pm

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top